Sabnzbd unMenu package

side by side view of flash and cache...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vFw50Qi8oeF3Ov0jUZ76TtZaX9a-CJBs-nxOFh2F9IE?feat=directlink

...and SAB folder settings

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/X6KtXEaqg5j-k4Zj4lAqLdZaX9a-CJBs-nxOFh2F9IE?feat=directlink

I know this is the SAB thread but for completeness and possibly an answer to what is going on, heres side by side view of SB on cache and flash...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZrsAm_H1SN-fj33nO6_Zr64SXx8Ax_k73vArQOeUCts?feat=directlink

I have both SAB and SB configs backed up, i think it would be best to wipe the flash if possible and reinstall UNraid and start all the installs from scratch, where i have tried installing with plugins and unmenu and installing over the top etc i think its just gotten a mess in there, im worried that if i wipe the flash and reinstall unraid i will screw the array.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That watch folder for SAB is invalid!

The install looks to have gone fine and it looks to be ok from first glance.

For the post processing scripts.  They will "disappear' from SAB if they are not executable.  Something must have changed those permissions.  I am not sure what or how, though I know running the new perms script can change/break that.

I moved the entire autoProcess folder in SB over to the SAB install folder and set the correct permissions from there.  On a new install of SB I will and do over write anything from the newest SB download, that could possibly include the autoprocess stuff.  I moved it to the SAB folder and it is not touched/changed once there, unless I manually do it (or I run the new perms script)

That watch folder for SAB is invalid!

The install looks to have gone fine and it looks to be ok from first glance.

For the post processing scripts.  They will "disappear' from SAB if they are not executable.  Something must have changed those permissions.  I am not sure what or how, though I know running the new perms script can change/break that.

I moved the entire autoProcess folder in SB over to the SAB install folder and set the correct permissions from there.  On a new install of SB I will and do over write anything from the newest SB download, that could possibly include the autoprocess stuff.  I moved it to the SAB folder and it is not touched/changed once there, unless I manually do it (or I run the new perms script)

Id have to agree, looking that the back posts on the permissions issue.

this probably is not the best way to do this, but

telnet or ssh into unraid

cd /user/cache/.apps

chmod -R 777  /.sabnzbd

chmod -R 777  /.sickbeard

then find the auto process files and chmod -x filename.py

or you could do it with winscp if your a gui person

I had similar issues because I was running it standalone as root and I move to Prostuff1's excellent setup and it runs as 'nobody' so it did not have access to the folders that 'root' created.

i have done new perms several times when, for some reason unbeknown to me, i cant access a folder within a share, running the new perms resolves this, i will copy the SB autoprocess folder to SAB rather than point to it, can you tell me what level you copy it to ?, i opted to install sab to the mnt/cache/.apps/ so which folder would i copy auto process to and do i need to create a folder to house them ?

mnt/cache/.apps/.sabnzb  ...or....

mnt/cache/.apps/.sabnzb/sabnzb

That is to say that i put it on the cache and not on the flash, i am not sure if i should just be ignoring the sab references on the flash

i have done new perms several times when, for some reason unbeknown to me, i cant access a folder within a share, running the new perms resolves this, i will copy the SB autoprocess folder to SAB rather than point to it, can you tell me what level you copy it to ?, i opted to install sab to the mnt/cache/.apps/ so which folder would i copy auto process to and do i need to create a folder to house them ?

That is to say that i put it on the cache and not on the flash, i am not sure if i should just be ignoring the sab references on the flash

This is what i dont understand, i installed to cache, its being run as nobody..i had sab pointing to autoprocess folder for SB which is also installed on cache, it worked, then it didnt, i got it to work again when i stumbled accross the SB autoprocesstv folder on the FLASH, noticed the autoprocess script was named .cfg.sample there, changed and edited it and now it works...theres no real clear cut way/guide to do this, i assumed if i opted to installed to cache at incept then i dont need to be doing anything with files related on the flash..thats why i am poised to wipe the flash and start again but no one seems to comment on that with regard to my queries on doing that

I created a "scripts" folder inside your ".sabnzb" folder and moved the autoProcess stuff there.

This is what i dont understand, i installed to cache, its being run as nobody..i had sab pointing to autoprocess folder for SB which is also installed on cache, it worked, then it didnt, i got it to work again when i stumbled accross the SB autoprocesstv folder on the FLASH, noticed the autoprocess script was named .cfg.sample there, changed and edited it and now it works...theres no real clear cut way/guide to do this, i assumed if i opted to installed to cache at incept then i dont need to be doing anything with files related on the flash..thats why i am poised to wipe the flash and start again but no one seems to comment on that with regard to my queries on doing that

If you search the forum you will find the answer to your "wiping the flash" question.  The short answer is: Take a screen picture of your drive assignments page and save to desktop computer.  Copy Plus.key or Pro.key file to your dekstop, Proceed to wipe flash and reinstall unRAID.  Start up unRAID machine, and assign drives back to there slots.  Have fun.

Oh that must be the problem so. I have all the dependencies from when I first installed SAB about 2 months ago re-installing on reboot.

Other packages im using : transmission, sick beard (both these not installed on reboot but all dependencies are), snap, nts-g3 and screen.

current:

glibc-2.13-i486-4.txz

pyload-src-v0.4.8.zip

Hopefully that should be me sorted, will report back tomorrow. thanks alot :)

I'm having the same problem, identical error report using unraid 4.7.  I had previous version of SABnzd installed and working fine but neeed to update due to Newzbin move.  See below.  I had Air Video, Sickbeard and Couch Potato installed and I'm at a loss as to what and how to update.

INSTALLED_SABNZBD_VERSION :: 
xargs: xargs.c:445: main: Assertion `bc_ctl.arg_max <= (131072-2048)' failed.
LATEST_DOWNLOADED_VERSION :: 
LATEST_DOWNLOADED_FILE :: 
tar: : Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
EXTRACTED_DIRECTORY :: 
Installed SABnzbd to /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd
SABnzb sabnzbd.ini file already exists
Created unraid.d directory
Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd
Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_start_sabnzbd
Created unmenu stop script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_sabnzbd
SABnzbd started as root.
Please go Here to setup SABnzbd the rest of the way

The packages you listed as having installed do not and will not show the errors you are reporting.  Something else you are doing is causing that to happen.

Are there any other packages listed in the unMenu Package Manager that are listed as installed?

According to Unmenu the following are installed:

apcupsd

bwm-ng - Bandwidth Monitor NG

cxxlibs-6.0.9-i486.tgz

dmidecode

hdparm

unMENU Image Server

Jre - Java 2 Platform Standard Edition Runtime Environment

lighttpd

lsof

mail and ssmtp

unRAID Status Alert sent hourly by e-mail

mc (Midnight Commander file manager - version 2010-02-06 )

Monthly Parity Check

ntfs-3g - NTFS read/write filesystem driver

openssh

pci utils (pci utilities)

perl (Practical Extraction and Report Language)

PHP

Clean Powerdown

python (object-oriented interpreted programming language)

python-cheetah (python template engine)

reiserfsprogs version 3.6.21

rsync (remote file sync)

screen (screen manager with VT100/ANSI terminal emulation)

SMART tools (smartctl hard drive monitoring utilities)

SQLite (simple, self contained database engine)

unRAID-Web

unrar

infozip

I created a "scripts" folder inside your ".sabnzb" folder and moved the autoProcess stuff there.

If you search the forum you will find the answer to your "wiping the flash" question.  The short answer is: Take a screen picture of your drive assignments page and save to desktop computer.  Copy Plus.key or Pro.key file to your dekstop, Proceed to wipe flash and reinstall unRAID.  Start up unRAID machine, and assign drives back to there slots.  Have fun.

I was getting an error but i discovered it was because i was manually creating the folder before i pointed SAB to the scripts folder...i also had the same error setting a watched nzb folder, having rectified it when i ask sab to scan the folder /mnt/cache/.apps/.sabnzb/watched it doesnt do anything...is that a permission problem, should i do what the previous posted said a few posts back about setting chmod ??

I will wipe the flash i think and i am sure it is going to be great fun....not

I do not believe any of those packages would cause this problem.

My suggestion is to reboot the machine and try installing again.  I know of now issue with the current packages I have available in unMenu (or the newest ones release via the respective threads).

You were right, it was something else.  I had manually installed ps3media server and on the chance it was the culprit, I disabled it in my go file and upon a reboot, everything installed.  My go file is below (with the ps3media stuff  remarked  out, also snap.)  Do you see the problem as I eventually would like to re-install ps3media server.  Thanks

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
sed  -i  "s/guest_enable=YES/guest_enable=NO/"  /etc/vsftpd.conf
cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c 
/boot/unmenu/uu
#PS3 Media Server
#mkdir /var/custom
#mkdir /var/custom/ps3ms
#cp -r /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/* /var/custom/ps3mscd /var/custom/ps3ms/mencoder
#installpkg *.tgz
#installpkg *.txz
#cd /var/custom/ps3ms/pms
#rm debug.log
#ln -s /dev/null debug.log
#cd /var/custom/ps3ms/pms
#./PMS.sh
#/boot/config/snap/snap.sh -b

I do not know what all ps3media server installs that might be causing this.  I wont have time until this weekend most likely to look at anything related to that application (as it is not mine or a package I have created).

My suggestion is to install each .tgz and .txz one at a time manually.  After you install one package you should run:

cd PACKAGE_DIRECTORY && find . -type f -name "SABnzbd-*-src.tar.gz" -print0 | xargs -0 ls -tr | awk 'END{print $NF}' | awk '{split($0,a,"-"); print a[2]}'

That line, run after a single .tgz/.txz is installed should reveal what file is the one causing the problem.

I do not know what all ps3media server installs that might be causing this.  I wont have time until this weekend most likely to look at anything related to that application (as it is not mine or a package I have created).

As an update, I re-enabled ps3 media server installation in my go file and after a reboot, ps3 media server and SABnzbd (and other updated python apps, i. e. Sickbeard and Couch Potato) are now working fine.  So anyone using ps3 media server, disable it before installing the latest SABnzd 6.15 through unmenu if you're having an installation problem as described in my prior post.

and it goes on.... when i have had a file download to a share that is set as private and has user accounts for it, i cant access those files as i am denied from within windows on my main pc..so i do a new perms to resolve this which it does...however it seems that this is breaking my SABnzbd AutoprocessTV settings, it dissappears from catergories page, my server is downloading at the moment so i cant reboot to see if it is fixed after, but its annoying that i have to keep doing this new perms and the result is a breakage elsewhere

and it goes on.... when i have had a file download to a share that is set as private and has user accounts for it, i cant access those files as i am denied from within windows on my main pc..so i do a new perms to resolve this which it does...however it seems that this is breaking my SABnzbd AutoprocessTV settings, it dissappears from catergories page, my server is downloading at the moment so i cant reboot to see if it is fixed after, but its annoying that i have to keep doing this new perms and the result is a breakage elsewhere

Use the Sabnzbd->Config->Folders->Permissions for completed downloads to set it correctly. Something like 770 should work.  If you don't understand it and want to learn about permissions do a google search for linux permissions.

Is there any reason why the plugins or even packages need to be reinstalled upon a restart? It seems to wipe everything clean here which is beyond frustrating. Even when it's not enabled for reinstall on reboot, the folders and files are still removed upon a shutdown.

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

I have an SSD that is mounted via SNAP which is used for my applications. There doesn't seem to be any issue with actually mounting the drive as SAB's wizard loads up without any issues. Everything was going great until the power went out last night, Now i've lost everything for sick and sab :(

Is there any reason why the plugins or even packages need to be reinstalled upon a restart? It seems to wipe everything clean here which is beyond frustrating. Even when it's not enabled for reinstall on reboot, the folders and files are still removed upon a shutdown.

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

I have an SSD that is mounted via SNAP which is used for my applications. There doesn't seem to be any issue with actually mounting the drive as SAB's wizard loads up without any issues. Everything was going great until the power went out last night, Now i've lost everything for sick and sab :(

By losing the power something probably got corrupted.

This unMenu package is coded in such a way that if it can find the .ini file, that contains all the configurations, it does NOT replace/create a new one.  The unclean/power loss must have done something to that file.

Also of note: I can not check to make sure that the SNAP drive is mounted before I start the install.  I made the check as general as possible (I check for directories under /mnt) but I might miss some cases.

EDIT: Are you running my unMenu package or the 5.0b11+ plugin?  If the plugin version and NOT this unMenu package then please do not post here.

Well I have no idea what on earth is going on. For some reason, All of my original sab and sickbeard files have just randomly popped up again on my shared drive under SNAP. I deleted the shared name folder via MC and rebooted. It almost looked like a newer "Applications" folder was created on top of the old one. When i deleted the "Applications" folder the old one reappeared. That just makes no sense to me at all.

I was originally using the plugin before my files mysteriously vanished and then i switched over to unmenu to see if there was an issue with the plugins. Unmenu packages still seem to overwrite the original folder even when placed outside the shared name and just being directly on the disk itself on /mnt/disk (that is still being mounted by SNAP). Although by the feel of it and with my files popping back up from the dead, It's probably not an unmenu package installation error, my unraid just seems to be full of ghosts.

Ok, I've now installed both sickbeard and sabnzbd via unmenu package and pointed them to my existing installation folders. So far everything seems to be working. I will let sab grab some files just to make sure and then shutdown to see if it's still happy.

I am totally at a loss for words, I have no idea what on earth just happened. Thanks for the reply though :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry..im back again, need your advice. I reformatted thumb drive and reinstalled UNraid and then installed SAB,SB etc etc...everything went smoothly, SAB and SB start everytime, i cant get my head around all this permissions crap...i find my self being denied access to folders, i have SAB set to chmod 775 files that are downloaded, so i go and press the 'new perms' button and this is where all the trouble starts..the sabtosickbeard script dissapears from category section in SAB, it is being pointed to the correct place still but when i check the SB autoprocesstv folder there is a new cfg.sample file and the one i had previously edited..so i delete the sample one and restart SAB and SB but still it will not show the script in the category section....what keeps causing this trouble ??

Sorry..im back again, need your advice. I reformatted thumb drive and reinstalled UNraid and then installed SAB,SB etc etc...everything went smoothly, SAB and SB start everytime, i cant get my head around all this permissions crap...i find my self being denied access to folders, i have SAB set to chmod 775 files that are downloaded, so i go and press the 'new perms' button and this is where all the trouble starts..the sabtosickbeard script dissapears from category section in SAB, it is being pointed to the correct place still but when i check the SB autoprocesstv folder there is a new cfg.sample file and the one i had previously edited..so i delete the sample one and restart SAB and SB but still it will not show the script in the category section....what keeps causing this trouble ??

The new perms you run every time will kill the sabtosickbeard script.  That script MUST be executable and unRAID's new perms script removes that attribute.  unRAID is a media server first and foremost so in its mind there is nothing on the disks that needs to be executable.

1. How do you have SAB doing a chmod 775 on downloaded files? 

2. Is this some sort of script you have?

3. What version of unRAID are you running?

The new perms you run every time will kill the sabtosickbeard script.  That script MUST be executable and unRAID's new perms script removes that attribute.  unRAID is a media server first and foremost so in its mind there is nothing on the disks that needs to be executable.

1. How do you have SAB doing a chmod 775 on downloaded files? 

2. Is this some sort of script you have?

3. What version of unRAID are you running?

1.  in SAB config where it says 'Permissions for completed downloads ' i have 775 in there

2. Not to my knowledge, i wouldnt know how to write a script yet unless i followed a step by step

3. The latest beta 14

I set the process folder in sab to /mnt/cache/.apps/.sabnzbd//scripts which created the folder without issue and it was my intention to copy the autoprocess files to there but i am denied access to the folder, also i cant delete the newly created .cfg.sample in the SB folder file that SAB is pointing to for the same reason i imagine

1.  in SAB config where it says 'Permissions for completed downloads ' i have 775 in there

2. Not to my knowledge, i wouldnt know how to write a script yet unless i followed a step by step

3. The latest beta 14

I set the process folder in sab to /mnt/cache/.apps/.sabnzbd//scripts which created the folder without issue and it was my intention to copy the autoprocess files to there but i am denied access to the folder, also i cant delete the newly created .cfg.sample in the SB folder file that SAB is pointing to for the same reason i imagine

I hope the above "/mnt/cache/.apps/.sabnzbd//scripts" is a slight typo as there are 2 "/" in that.

I have the setting for "Permissions for completed downloads" set to 770 and SickBeard seems to be able to move things just fine.

can you provide the output of:

ls -al /mnt/cache/.apps
ls -al /mnt/cache/.apps/.sabnzbd
ls -al /mnt/cache/.apps/.sabnzbd/scripts
ps -ef | grep sab