Sabnzbd unMenu package

I followed the directions on the first post, but it won't seem to upgrade properly.  It list Sab 7.4 in the Pkg Manager properly, but it also says "Installed, but version is different. Current version='0.6.7' expected '0.7.4'.  When I Sab it is indeed the old version and not the new one.  Is there a process to complete and update so that I can move to 7.4?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it install successfully? If its anything like the problem I ran into yesterday you may have to downgrade glibc to the version that came with Slackware 12.1 before xargs would work properly and let the install finish without bombing out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I followed the directions on the first post, but it won't seem to upgrade properly.  It list Sab 7.4 in the Pkg Manager properly, but it also says "Installed, but version is different. Current version='0.6.7' expected '0.7.4'.  When I Sab it is indeed the old version and not the new one.  Is there a process to complete and update so that I can move to 7.4?

1. what version of unRAID??

2. What other packages installed?

And any of the stuff in the first post please!

Did it install successfully? If its anything like the problem I ran into yesterday you may have to downgrade glibc to the version that came with Slackware 12.1 before xargs would work properly and let the install finish without bombing out

1. What version of unraid?

If you are running 4.7 and the transmission package that would explain the problem... but then i did put a warning in the transmission thread about the issue and to not use it on 4.7.

The unraid version is 4.7.  The only packages that are really installed are unmenu and then what I could install from within unmenu.  Packages like the ones that notify you via e-mail if there is an issue with the server and now of course Sabnzbd.  When you try to install Sabnzbd unmenu asks you to install a number of dependencies.  All those installed fine, but now I'm a little stuck trying to upgrade Sabnzbd. 

Just to put some closure to this I did get sabnzbd and sickbeard up and running just fine.  It took simply deleting everything in the sabnzbd folder on the flash and then reinstalling it.  Once I did that everything else installed pretty well.

I seem to be having problems installing it on unRAID Server version 5.0-rc8a, usign unmenu 1.5 fresh install downloaded the file but get a error saying "nothing in /mnt so can't install , sleeping for 10 secs" , but i have my disks under /mnt, if i go to /mnt on the machine i can see the drive, changed the config options to reflect it for example /mnt/disk1 but keeps saying that, any idea?

Thanks

Edit : Ok figured it, had not moved anythign to the disk yet so the ls /mnt/disk* was returning nothing, made a dummy directory and all worked finr afterwards.

If you are running 4.7 and the transmission package that would explain the problem... but then i did put a warning in the transmission thread about the issue and to not use it on 4.7.

I have an old version of transmission running from an unmenu package. I think it was bubba 0.02. I saw the warnings with your new versions of transmission so I never updated that

I have an old version of transmission running from an unmenu package. I think it was bubba 0.02. I saw the warnings with your new versions of transmission so I never updated that

That warning applies to EVERY version of transmission ever released as an unMenu package.  The bubba transmission package had the same effects on the system.

My long-running sabnzbd 0.6.7 started acting weird the last week, failing to download nzb's sent directly through it's API.

Just installed the newest 0.7.4 posted in this thread - it took a little bit of wrangling, but great success now - fixed my problem and the interface is shiny.

I just had to edit the .conf file, and paste in the MD5 key from sourceforge - they looked the same to me, but it failed until I did that.

Thanks for the packages prostuff1!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a bit behind the times on all this and therefore have only just installed SABnzbd onto my unRAID 4.7 system, I believe it's 0.6.7. I'm also running Transmission and everything seems to be working together nicely. Reading the warnings about from Prostuff do I assume that I shouldn't try an upgrade due to running Transmission or will this work?

Anyone done this or know the answer? If I have Transmission on a 4.7 server am I going to run into problems if I try and update SAB fro 0.6.7 to the latest version posted in this thread?

If I remember correctly you will have issues installing it because of some of the libraries that transmission "breaks".

Would you expect me to have experienced these problems already with the version of SABnzbd I have or only if I upgrade? Only ask as so far everything is working quite well on my system but my install of Transmission was very early on, before you found the library issues so I left it alone. I didn't see your warnings before I installed SAB but it also worked ok plus I have Sick Beard and Headphones all functioning well.

Is there something about the update of SAB that will experience problems since i have Transmission on there or have I just been fortunate to get to where I am with everything working?

Would you expect me to have experienced these problems already with the version of SABnzbd I have or only if I upgrade? Only ask as so far everything is working quite well on my system but my install of Transmission was very early on, before you found the library issues so I left it alone. I didn't see your warnings before I installed SAB but it also worked ok plus I have Sick Beard and Headphones all functioning well.

Is there something about the update of SAB that will experience problems since i have Transmission on there or have I just been fortunate to get to where I am with everything working?

You would likely have problems if you updated.  Not so much with SAB running but with the install portion of it.  I check for the installed version of SAB differently in later versions of the unMenu package.  That new check is much more accurate and transmission breaks one of the components I use.

Anyone done this or know the answer? If I have Transmission on a 4.7 server am I going to run into problems if I try and update SAB fro 0.6.7 to the latest version posted in this thread?

Just upgrade to the lastest 5.0 release and use the plugins and you won't have any problems with the latest versions of transmission or sab.

You would likely have problems if you updated.  Not so much with SAB running but with the install portion of it.  I check for the installed version of SAB differently in later versions of the unMenu package.  That new check is much more accurate and transmission breaks one of the components I use.

Understood and thanks for the info. Is a manual upgrade of SAB simple enough to complete? I believe for other stuff I have read this should be just a backup of my current SAB files then extract the new version in the same directory? Sure there must be more to it than that?