Sabnzbd unMenu package

Just updated the conf files and rebooted, sickbeard was the only one that kept its config file.

Glad I made backups this time.

Might have been me, installed sab in the sickbeard folder, reinstalled now.  Will reboot soon to test.

LOL, don't scare me like that ;)

I went back to the .conf files to make sure I did not fat finger when typing some stuff in.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything looks good on this end, thanks for the quick fix.

Glad I could help.

Let me know if you find anything else.  I need to get these package vetted before they can be added to the main download of unMenu.

The onlything really left is testing the "upgrade from with the application" and seeing if it sticks around.  If anyone does an upgrade PLEASE take note of the version that is reported BEFORE doing a reboot.  I need to see if my logic will work or if something unwanted will happen.

After I reboot my server SAB wants to setup all over again. I guess the ini file gets wipped out? I did read someone else had this issue, but there wasn't a solution listed. After configuring it, it did seem to work ok. I'm guessing the ini file has to be copied or moved some where?

Hello,

Thank you for the updated package.

I went through some pain to upgrade from the previous version and now it works.

I basically deleted many files and folders and somehow forced a new install and reconfiguration.

Isn't there a step by step upgrade path that would preserve the previous configuration and customizations?

And BTW this question is also important for other packages too of course, so how do we upgrade packages cleanly?

Thank you

Sabnzbd is now installed on the cache drive but when I restart my server I notice sabnzbd.ini has been reset to default and I have to configure through the wizard on Sabnzbd pages again  :-\

"Will be automatically Re-Installed upon Re-Boot." is Enabled

Whats wrong?

PS: I did download updated file (7-26-2011) before  installing.

After I reboot my server SAB wants to setup all over again. I guess the ini file gets wipped out? I did read someone else had this issue, but there wasn't a solution listed. After configuring it, it did seem to work ok. I'm guessing the ini file has to be copied or moved some where?

Had you downloaded the newest .conf file from the first post?

See the first post for an update to the upgrade process. 

Updating through an unMenu update is easier than just copying these .conf files in place, and I kind of take the manual update process for granted since I do it so often while testing.

Anyway, download the newest sabnzbd .conf file and use the direction in the first post to try updating.

Hello,

Thank you for the updated package.

I went through some pain to upgrade from the previous version and now it works.

I basically deleted many files and folders and somehow forced a new install and reconfiguration.

Isn't there a step by step upgrade path that would preserve the previous configuration and customizations?

And BTW this question is also important for other packages too of course, so how do we upgrade packages cleanly?

Thank you

If the update is done through unMenu it will preserve the variables you had set.  Outside of unMenu I do not, and won't try to do that from within the .conf file.

What you did to upgrade is essentially what I do when testing... which is what you are also doing for me since the package is not included within unMenu.

Anything not in main unMenu release (i.e. not shown via a check for unMenu update) will not have it's settings preserved when you place a new .conf file in the packages folder.

Hi prostuff1.  For some reason, it's not reinstalling on reboot.  I have downloaded the latest sabnzbd-unmenu-package.conf and deleted the previous installation.

On reboot, I have to manually reinstall but it finds the latest version is already installed in the directory, and also has it enabled to automatically install on reboot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the packages... sickbeard is working flawlessly, and looking forward to couchpotato next.

Hi prostuff1.  For some reason, it's not reinstalling on reboot.  I have downloaded the latest sabnzbd-unmenu-package.conf and deleted the previous installation.

On reboot, I have to manually reinstall but it finds the latest version is already installed in the directory, and also has it enabled to automatically install on reboot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the packages... sickbeard is working flawlessly, and looking forward to couchpotato next.

Did you delete the stuff mentioned in the post above?

is the a SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz.auto_install in the packages folder?

Yes, delete everything that was downloaded and extracted, and removed the /etc/rc.d/... dir, and reinitialized the variables.  The auto_install is in the packages.

I've only installed sickbeard and sabnzbd so far, and on reboot, only sickbeard reinstalls.

Yes, delete everything that was downloaded and extracted, and removed the /etc/rc.d/... dir, and reinitialized the variables.  The auto_install is in the packages.

I've only installed sickbeard and sabnzbd so far, and on reboot, only sickbeard reinstalls.

can you post the contents of the SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz.auto_install file with [ c o d e ] [ / c o d e ] (no spaces tags please.

Stuff here

Can I get the output of:

ls /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/

cat /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

/mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -v

See if there is a Start SABnzbd button on the User Scripts page.  If there is press it and copy and paste the test it puts on the page here.  The page will auto refresh in 10ish seconds so be quick.

The SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz.auto_install file looks fine

Starting sabNZBD on the scripts states: "SABnzbd is already started."

OK, so SAB is supposedly already running.

can I get a:

ps -ef

ps -ef | grep SABnzb

You can also try hitting the Stop SABnzb button on the User Scripts page and then hitting the Start SABnzb button.

I've placed all the required .conf files in my packages folder on my flash drives; however I'm not seeing the option to install the packages in package manager under Unmenu. Any help would be appreciated!

I do see the option to download SABNZBD and Sickbeard but I assumed they would already show up as downloaded?

I've placed all the required .conf files in my packages folder on my flash drives; however I'm not seeing the option to install the packages in package manager under Unmenu. Any help would be appreciated!

I do see the option to download SABNZBD and Sickbeard but I assumed they would already show up as downloaded?

refresh the package manager page.  Also make sure you have the newest version of unMenu.

What version of unRAID are you running?

refresh the package manager page.  Also make sure you have the newest version of unMenu.

What version of unRAID are you running?

Running the latest unRAID 5.0 beta 10 and unMenu Version 1.5 Revision: 223.

Have tried restarting and refreshing the package manager page, I see the option to download SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz but no other options to install the package from the first post  ???

Stopped sabnzbd and it IDed right process and killed it.  Starting it with script: "SABnzbd started as root."

OK, so it was running... had you started it or let the boot of the computer do that?

From what I can tell it looks like it installed and started just fine.  You would have just gone to the http://IP_ADDRESS:8081 or http://tower:8081

Yes, I had to start it manually.  As I mentioned, after reboot, I try going to tower:8081 but it doesn't bring up the interface.  Going to the package manager shows that it is uninstalled.  But after I click on install, it immediately shows that it is already installed in the correct directory and starts it, and shows that it is enabled for re-install on reboot.  I can now access the web interface.  However, as soon as I reboot, I have to "install" it manually.

Stopped sabnzbd and it IDed right process and killed it.  Starting it with script: "SABnzbd started as root."

OK, so it was running... had you started it or let the boot of the computer do that?

From what I can tell it looks like it installed and started just fine.  You would have just gone to the http://IP_ADDRESS:8081 or http://tower:8081

Yes, I had to start it manually.  As I mentioned, after reboot, I try going to tower:8081 but it doesn't bring up the interface.  Going to the package manager shows that it is uninstalled.  But after I click on install, it immediately shows that it is already installed in the correct directory and starts it, and shows that it is enabled for re-install on reboot.  I can now access the web interface.  However, as soon as I reboot, I have to "install" it manually.

Honestly not sure why it is not working for you, but seems to be for everyone else.

I will test on my test server over the next couple of days and see if I come up with anything.

The only thing I can suggest is to delete anything related to sabnzb and redownload the .conf file in the first post and start fresh.

Honestly not sure why it is not working for you, but seems to be for everyone else.

I will test on my test server over the next couple of days and see if I come up with anything.

The only thing I can suggest is to delete anything related to sabnzb and redownload the .conf file in the first post and start fresh.

Will do.  Maybe the fourth time will be the charm!  Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

Have tried restarting and refreshing the package manager page, I see the option to download SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz but no other options to install the package from the first post  ???

The .conf file should create a button that says "Select SABnzbd-0.6.5-src.tar.gz" in the package manager.

Click that button and it should take you to another page so that you can download all needed files and install sabnzbd.