Sabnzbd unMenu package

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The newest betas have the ability to have a "cache only" share from what I gather.  You should be able to use that ability to keep a folder on the cache drive and not have it move to the array.

I have no way of controlling if it gets moved off the cache drive.  I am programming and testing on 4.7 and 5.0b6a right now as I have not updated my test systems to the latest beta.  I also use the mover modify addon's available via unMenu on my test and production systems.

Just want to say thanks for the modules prostuff1 and add a little bit of my experience with the Sab + Sick + Couch suite.

I've installed each of them multiple times on and off my cache drive. Everything has gone well except that most recently I copied the Sabnzbd installation directory from disk1 to the default location and now Sabnzbd doesn't show anything in the Queue. I know stuff is in there downloading, but it's not showing up. I'm going to do a fresh install tonight which I think will fix it.

One question that I haven't seen a reasonable answer for yet: How do you upgrade the applications? Is it required that the conf is updated or can the application upgrade itself?

Cheers and thanks again for the good work.

One question that I haven't seen a reasonable answer for yet: How do you upgrade the applications? Is it required that the conf is updated or can the application upgrade itself?

Cheers and thanks again for the good work.

Honestly not sure.  I tend to not update unless I see something in an update that screams update, or fixes a bug I keep running into.  I can update the .conf file to download and install 0.6.6 but I am not quite sure how it will go at this point.  I have not had time to test/change anything as I am busy doing stuff around my house for the next couple weeks.

I don't want to put out an updated .conf file with 0.6.6 as the default install and not test it before hand.  I have no idea how my package will react if I just change those and try to do an "in place" update.

How easy is it to update the .conf file to work with the latest version (for Sab/Sb/cp)?  If it's simple enough, you could just provide instructions on how to do that, and stress that it's unsupported/at your own risk.

Updating the .conf is fairly easy and straight forward... would take me all of 5 minutes probably.

I understand the unsupported/use at your own risk part, but I will inevitably get reports of it not working and then having to fix it.  I would prefer to minimize those requests by not releasing something I have not tested.

Are the "sabtosickbeard" scripts included in this package?  I didn't see them, though I already had the scripts on my desktop so it wasn't an issue.

Considering that this just using the SAB download I highly doubt it. The script would come with the Sickbeard install and I'm betting you still have to set it up.

Peter

So, SAbnzbd 0.6.7 was introduced today.  The only reason I noticed was that I was prepping to update the package to 0.6.6 and work out some kinks in the update process.  There was a very good reason I did not want to release a new .conf with 0.6.6 until I had tested it on my system to make sure the update process would work.

I tested this briefly on my system and it should work.  The update process is below:

1. copy new sabnzbd .conf file to the packages folder

2. check/change/update the install variables

3. save the new variables if need be

4. hit the install button

THANKS,

But I got a problem

After DL and click install i got this error message, I have tried to remove using this command " rm /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd"

This is what I see in Unmenu

Installed, but version is different.

Current version='' expected '0.6.7'

EDIT

It worked if I chose a new install directory, I couldn't install it above my previous installation.

THANKS,

But I got a problem

After DL and click install i got this error message, I have tried to remove using this command " rm /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd"

This is what I see in Unmenu

Installed, but version is different.

Current version='' expected '0.6.7'

EDIT

It worked if I chose a new install directory, I couldn't install it above my previous installation.

You should not have had to do the "rm /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd", I version number check should have been different and therefore the download/install button should have been visible.  I specifically put instructions on how to update in the first post and the post directly above yours.

Anyway, in case it is still my error I will need to see the output of the commands I listed in the first post!

So, I have a question I was hoping you could help me sort out. If the system has an imperfect shutdown (ie storm caused a reset last night - yes, I know, I should have a ups on it), sabnzbd and sickbeard both lose their configuration completely. Oddly enough, couch potato stays completely configured as it was prior. Is there any way to fix this without doing the entire setup again?  While sabnzbd isn't the end of the world, sickbeard is a pain. Any thoughts?

That 320gb drive is more then enough for any applications to be run from. It all matters in how often you move your downloads off of there and into the array. How long would it take you to download 300gb? Do you think you're ever going to be downloading more than 300gb before you move the final files onto the array? To help out, make sure you have SAB set to cleanup and delete after downloads are processed so you no longer have the temporary files around.

So, I have a question I was hoping you could help me sort out. If the system has an imperfect shutdown (ie storm caused a reset last night - yes, I know, I should have a ups on it), sabnzbd and sickbeard both lose their configuration completely. Oddly enough, couch potato stays completely configured as it was prior. Is there any way to fix this without doing the entire setup again?  While sabnzbd isn't the end of the world, sickbeard is a pain. Any thoughts?

Mine does this on every reboot, shutdown, power blip, etc.... I haven't figured out why and manually have to reconfig every time...  8-(

So, I have a question I was hoping you could help me sort out. If the system has an imperfect shutdown (ie storm caused a reset last night - yes, I know, I should have a ups on it), sabnzbd and sickbeard both lose their configuration completely. Oddly enough, couch potato stays completely configured as it was prior. Is there any way to fix this without doing the entire setup again?  While sabnzbd isn't the end of the world, sickbeard is a pain. Any thoughts?

Mine does this on every reboot, shutdown, power blip, etc.... I haven't figured out why and manually have to reconfig every time...  8-(

How are you shutting down?  and in what order, are you just hitting the power button?, are you stopping the apps properly then shutting down, I need more detail please.

I think I am going to start leaving my debug lines in but comment them out.  I am uber busy with stuff right now, so won't have a chance to look at this until this weekend at the earliest.

Thanks for your reply on the other thread ProStuff - I looked a bit harder and hunted out all 3 packages that you modified, so I decided to start again.

Managed the Sickbeard, Couch ones perfectly, but having trouble with the SAB.

I have used the one posted in the 1st post here, replacing the one that is bundled in the 'Pkg Manager'  of Version 5-beta 11.

- this one looks out the more recent version 0.6.8.

When I run it, it seems to get stuck. Here are the steps it does carry out:

Downloads the SABnzbd-0.6.8-src.tar.gz file correctly.

When I go to install my SAB location only has a 'proc' and an 'sbin' folder

My browser is still processing the install

/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd stop and start are not appearing

The Start and Stop buttons are not appearing in the User Scripts

It just sits there hung.

I have left it running for over 30 minutes thinking it might just kick in. While keeping an eye on the install directories for any movement.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your reply on the other thread ProStuff - I looked a bit harder and hunted out all 3 packages that you modified, so I decided to start again.

Managed the Sickbeard, Couch ones perfectly, but having trouble with the SAB.

I have used the one posted in the 1st post here, replacing the one that is bundled in the 'Pkg Manager'  of Version 5-beta 11.

- this one looks out the more recent version 0.6.8.

When I run it, it seems to get stuck. Here are the steps it does carry out:

Downloads the SABnzbd-0.6.8-src.tar.gz file correctly.

When I go to install my SAB location only has a 'proc' and an 'sbin' folder

My browser is still processing the install

/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd stop and start are not appearing

The Start and Stop buttons are not appearing in the User Scripts

It just sits there hung.

I have left it running for over 30 minutes thinking it might just kick in. While keeping an eye on the install directories for any movement.

Any ideas?

Not off the top of my head, let me take a look at it later tonight and test it out on my test server.