[PLUGIN] LCD_Manager

On 8/20/2023 at 9:18 AM, SimonF said:

Not at present within the plugin.

But you can run these to turn off the screen 1 = on 0 = off so you could run as a user script on a schedule.

root@QNAP:~# echo -e "M^\x1" > /dev/ttyS1
root@QNAP:~# echo -e "M^\x0" > /dev/ttyS1

Hey is there a newer version of this code to turn off the screen?

I've got a usb crystalfontz off ebay. not getting anything with the quoted code.

My device is on: /dev/ttyUSB1

1861073739_Screenshot2024-03-04at20_39_15.thumb.png.aec9daca40770cbea770260d91cde5fe.png

Edited by dopeytree
  • 2 weeks later...

@SimonF

So I have my QNAP TVS-871 and running the plugin and seems to work. My question is this: Is there a way to completely customize the screen? Like I want to enable it during boot and have it say something like loading Loading Unraid..., then once loaded change to Array Stooped, then once Array is started say Array Loading. then once loaded say Array Loaded. then wait 10 seconds and show IP address then after 10 mins turn screen off, if button is pressed (the 2 buttons on qnap) the turn display on and show x if button is pressed again show y, if pressed again show z ect...

I am thinking something along the lines of user scripts to control the screen once loaded if possible??

Is this even possible?

Also Thanks form getting this far. It was annoying to see the screen never update to anything until now.

Note: That on the setting page in unraid you have the "Online Manual" link still back to the APC UPS Manual. maybe update to bring you to this thread?

I changed line 66 of the 'LCDSettings.page' to this

<span style="float:right;margin-right:10px"><a href="https://forums.unraid.net/topic/136952-plugin-lcd_manager/" target="_blank" title="_(UNRAID Forums: [PLUGIN] LCD_MANAGER)_"><i class="fa fa-file-text-o"></i> <u>_(Unraid Plugin Forum)_</u></a></span>

and now looks like this:

image.png.f62c9d2398e45444f2effb7450a31c24.png

I also updated the ICON to be more inline with UNRAID Icons (Attached if you want to use)

image.png.fd9d69895e1929279ea1b19d2824a9fd.png

lcd.png.bff7379a6c4227329ecac4445612afbb.png

Edited by almulder