[SUPPORT] TEMPLATE masterwishx - urbackup official

Support thread for Official docker container urBackup Server .  

uroni/urbackup-server (https://hub.docker.com/r/uroni/urbackup-server)

BTRFS + ZFS is Supported.

Image mounting needs to be checked ...

UrBackup is an easy to setup Open Source client/server backup system, that through a combination of image and file backups accomplishes both data safety and a fast restoration time.
    File and image backups are made while the system is running without interrupting current processes.
    UrBackup also continuously watches folders you want backed up in order to quickly find differences to previous backups. Because of that, incremental file backups are really fast.
    Your files can be restored through the web interface, via the client or the Windows Explorer while the backups of drive volumes can be restored with a bootable CD or USB-Stick (bare metal restore).
    A web interface makes setting up your own backup server really easy.

For BTRFS-Support add --cap-add SYS_ADMIN to the Extra Parameters.

For ZFS support add --device /dev/zfs to the Extra Parameters.

https://www.urbackup.org/

https://hub.docker.com/r/uroni/urbackup-server

https://github.com/uroni/urbackup_backend

to Fix - [ ERROR: Sending broadcast failed! (ipv6) ] in log

EDIT urbackup/config/urbackupsrv :

set broadcast interface to "br0": 

BROADCAST_INTERFACES="br0"

Edited by Masterwishx
1 hour ago, dhstsw said:

would also be useful to know if this is the client or the server.

This is the server. The client is packaged with it, and is deployed from the server GUI.

I use binhex version extensively, the basic premise is that you log in to the server GUI, add the client description, then download the client from the server's GUI.

@JonathanM 

Also it have newer version than binhex and we dont need to wait when arch will be compiled so then binhex can make new version on it.

and its support ZFS that binhex dont support i think.

also smaller container size.

also used binhex version and it working fine but wanted to check official container and its also working fine .... 

Edited by Masterwishx
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Maybe a stupid question but the field in the GUI called: Backup path i notices that in binhex it said /media and in the official one i said /backups

My questions:
1 do i leave it at /backups or do i need to put some values here like /mnt/user/appdata/influxdb as im only looking to back up my InfluxDB?
2 i want this backup to be stored in the cloud if my server crashes. Is this possible or do i have to buy the InfluxDB Cloud service?

Have a nice day

@Peterca

/media in binhex-urbackup and /backups here is where urbackup store backups of clients and etc.... 

If you have influxdb in Unraid maybe better to save with "ca appdata backup"? 

You can install client in Unraid but I think better to save backup with CA appdata backup and then send to cloud with script or tools like 

Duplicati, binhex-clone that working with clouds.

or maybe Syncthing but it's more for sync files. 

I'm personally didn't check yet client on unraid, you can find more in binhex thread. 

I'm using urbackup for Windows clients images, files backups and online Linux server in oracle files backup. 

Edited by Masterwishx
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Have anyone successfully enabled ZFS with this container? Nor matter what I do it doesen't work. I have:

1. Specified image tag to: latest-zfs

2. Passed "--device /dev/zfs" in extra parameters

When I type "zfs list" in terminal I can see all the datasets of the host.

I tried mounting dataset /mnt/disk5/urbackup to container path /backups and I get error:
Testing for zfs...
TEST FAILED: Dataset is not set via /etc/urbackup/dataset
2023-08-27 11:04:12: Backup destination cannot handle subvolumes and snapshots. Snapshots disabled.
2023-08-27 11:04:12: Reflink ioctl failed. errno=95

Then I tried set contianer path to /etc/urbackup/dataset and also changeg backup folder location in urbackup settings to /etc/urbackup/dataset and now I get:
Testing for zfs...
cannot create '': empty component or misplaced '@' or '#' delimiter in name
TEST FAILED: Creating test zfs volume "/testA54hj5luZtlorr494" failed
2023-08-27 11:07:15: Backup destination cannot handle subvolumes and snapshots. Snapshots disabled.
2023-08-27 11:07:15: Reflink ioctl failed. errno=95

I also searched TrueNas Scale forums and seems that they are struggling with this too. Anyone managed to make this work?

Edited by Rafał Stępień
1 hour ago, Rafał Stępień said:

Hi,

Have anyone successfully enabled ZFS with this container? Nor matter what I do it doesen't work. I have:

1. Specified image tag to: latest-zfs

2. Passed "--device /dev/zfs" in extra parameters

When I type "zfs list" in terminal I can see all the datasets of the host.

I tried mounting dataset /mnt/disk5/urbackup to container path /backups and I get error:
Testing for zfs...
2023-08-27 11:04:12: Backup destination cannot handle subvolumes and snapshots. Snapshots disabled.
2023-08-27 11:04:12: Reflink ioctl failed. errno=95

Then I tried set contianer path to /etc/urbackup/dataset and also changeg backup folder location in urbackup settings to /etc/urbackup/dataset and now I get:
Testing for zfs...
cannot create '': empty component or misplaced '@' or '#' delimiter in name
TEST FAILED: Creating test zfs volume "/testA54hj5luZtlorr494" failed
2023-08-27 11:07:15: Backup destination cannot handle subvolumes and snapshots. Snapshots disabled.
2023-08-27 11:07:15: Reflink ioctl failed. errno=95

I also searched TrueNas Scale forums and seems that they are struggling with this too. Anyone managed to make this work?

Did you checked urbackup forum for this? 

I'm not 100% satisfied but I made it work.

1. I mounted text file in the host /etc/urbackup/dataset containing dataset name disk5/urbackup

2. I run container in priviliged mode

If anyone figure out how to make it work without priviliged mode please post it here. I tried allowing user nobody to access dataset with following commands but it dosen't do the trick.

zfs allow nobody create,destroy,mount,snapshot disk5/urbackup
zfs allow users create,destroy,mount,snapshot disk5/urbackup

Edited by Rafał Stępień
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/20/2023 at 10:59 AM, Masterwishx said:

Can you post you container config? 

Maybe you have some errors in browser console also? 

Do you have some ad blocker enabled? 

Reinstalling the container now, restarted the container, and now it works 😮
But I have not installed the client yet.
Installing the client, waiting for backup to be done and will see what happens then

I do have ad-blocker, but tried it in Edge where I have no addons installed and same happens there.

Before I restarted the container, the Urbackup logs say:
"Downloading server version info...
Downloading dataplan database..."
and nothing else happens in the log it seems, not sure if its supposed to update the log with when its done downloading

By container config, do you mean a picture of the container settings or from a file?

6 hours ago, Masterwishx said:

As you wish,you can post screenshots, if you still have issue 

Ok, after an backup of my desktop, shutdown of the container, waiting some time because I got busy and then restarting, at first it wont work and throws the same login error, but then I also get some SQLite lines in the log and after a while it works again.

The only change I did this time was that I made an admin user and password in the web-gui.

The docker image is an btrfs image on an zfs-mirror pool
Also looks like it test if the storage (in my case the unraid array, xfs) is ether btrfs or zfs, but both fails.
But for some reason, it seems to come back online now, but to me it also seems that the SQLite database gets corrupted?

2023-12-22 20:52:52: WARNING: Shutting down (Signal 15)
2023-12-22 20:52:52: Exited Loop
2023-12-22 20:52:52: Deleting at..
2023-12-22 20:52:52: Deleting SelectThreads..
2023-12-22 20:52:52: Deleting lbs...
2023-12-22 20:52:52: Shutting down plugins...
2023-12-22 20:52:52: Deleting server...
usermod: no changes
2023-12-22 22:16:52: Starting HTTP-Server on port 55414
2023-12-22 22:16:52: HTTP: Server started up successfully!
2023-12-22 22:16:53: SQLite: recovered 550 frames from WAL file /var/urbackup/backup_server.db-wal code: 283
2023-12-22 22:17:21: WARNING: Error: Unknown action [login]
2023-12-22 22:18:09: SQLite: recovered 50113 frames from WAL file /var/urbackup/backup_server_files.db-wal code: 283
2023-12-22 22:18:09: SQLite: recovered 3 frames from WAL file /var/urbackup/backup_server_link_journal.db-wal code: 283
2023-12-22 22:18:09: SQLite: recovered 35 frames from WAL file /var/urbackup/backup_server_settings.db-wal code: 283
2023-12-22 22:18:09: SQLite: recovered 550 frames from WAL file /var/urbackup/backup_server.db-wal code: 283
2023-12-22 22:18:09: SQLite: recovered 35 frames from WAL file /var/urbackup/backup_server_settings.db-wal code: 283
2023-12-22 22:19:25: SQLite: recovered 50113 frames from WAL file /var/urbackup/backup_server_files.db-wal code: 283
2023-12-22 22:19:25: SQLite: recovered 3 frames from WAL file /var/urbackup/backup_server_link_journal.db-wal code: 283
2023-12-22 22:19:25: Started UrBackup...
2023-12-22 22:19:25: Removing temporary files...
2023-12-22 22:19:25: Recreating temporary folder...
TEST FAILED: guestmount is missing (libguestfs-tools)
2023-12-22 22:19:25: Image mounting disabled: TEST FAILED: guestmount is missing (libguestfs-tools)
Testing for btrfs...
ERROR: not a btrfs filesystem: /backups/testA54hj5luZtlorr494
TEST FAILED: Creating test btrfs subvolume failed
Testing for zfs...
2023-12-22 22:19:25: Backup destination cannot handle subvolumes and snapshots. Snapshots disabled.
2023-12-22 22:19:25: Reflink ioctl failed. errno=95

urbackup.JPG

9 hours ago, isvein said:

Ok, after an backup of my desktop, shutdown of the container, waiting some time because I got busy and then restarting, at first it wont work and throws the same login error, but then I also get some SQLite lines in the log and after a while it works again.

your Setting and logs looks OK , for btrfs,zfs storage you neeed to configure it , also snapshots not working in docker as uroni said ,when asked on urbackup forum:

not sure about ```WARNING: Error: Unknown action [login]```

image.thumb.png.d3faaa902165ee941a35ec005472bbc5.png

4 hours ago, isvein said:

I found an post on the urbackup forum that talks about the SQLite errors that goes back to over a year ago.
But I made an post about the login thing and no answer on that yet.

Please use 

urbackupsrv remove-unknown -u root 

and

urbackupsrv repair-database

Then restart urBackup, Fixed for me

• Upvote 1