LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

WebGui unaccessible via zerotier after 6.12 update

Go to solution Solved by Hoopster,

hey guys after updating unraid os to 6.12 i noticed that suddenly i cant access unraid webgui anymore via zerotier, although i could still get the ping from zerotier ip and still could access all my docker's webgui. and after 6.12 update nextcloud started to throw 443 port is already in use error even though i have disabled https on my server.

So after i little bit googling i came to realize that people have been reporting webgui related issues after updating to 6.12 even though i didnt find any nginx error in my case, i decided to roll back to 6.11.5 and voilla both those issues are gone now.

im attaching the log that i took before downgrading, if anyone could shed some light on what was the issue....

unraid.local-diagnostics-20230620-2149.zip

• Solution
8 minutes ago, Max said:

after updating unraid os to 6.12 i noticed that suddenly i cant access unraid webgui anymore via zerotier

Did you read this section in the 6.12.0 release notes (specifically the last paragraph)?

Network Improvements

We added a new section under Settings->Network Settings->Interface Extra, allowing users to define which interfaces the Unraid services use. By default, all standard interfaces with an IP address are included in the list of listening interfaces.

The tunnels of the built-in WireGuard function of Unraid are automatically added or removed from the list when the Wireguard tunnels are activated or deactivated. The user may exclude these tunnels from the list of listening interfaces.

To use the Tailscale or Zerotier interface, it is required to add the interface name or IP address of the communication to the list of included listening interfaces.

Important: It is imperative that Tailscale or Zerotier container is running before the interface is added to the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Did you read this section in the 6.12.0 release notes (specifically the last paragraph)?

Network Improvements

We added a new section under Settings->Network Settings->Interface Extra, allowing users to define which interfaces the Unraid services use. By default, all standard interfaces with an IP address are included in the list of listening interfaces.

The tunnels of the built-in WireGuard function of Unraid are automatically added or removed from the list when the Wireguard tunnels are activated or deactivated. The user may exclude these tunnels from the list of listening interfaces.

To use the Tailscale or Zerotier interface, it is required to add the interface name or IP address of the communication to the list of included listening interfaces.

Important: It is imperative that Tailscale or Zerotier container is running before the interface is added to the list.

thanks man somehow i missed this part😅, after updating 6.12.1 nextcloud is again throwing the same port 443 is already in use error even though https is disabled and again webgui was unaccessible after update but this ☝️ fixed the zerotier issue.

though at first i was a bit confused like what interface, im not using any special network setting or unique interface for zerotier so br0 was already added, then i just added the ip that assigned to my unraid server from zerotier and voilla it worksss!!

In recent versions, the Unraid webgui *always* binds to the SSL port (defaults to 443). If you need something else to be on port 443, then you need to change the port that the webgui uses.

This comment explains how to fix an SSL port conflict (everywhere it says "445" you can substitute "443"):

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/140510-complete-webui-breakage-after-6120-update/#comment-1271735

• 7 months later...
On 6/20/2023 at 8:18 PM, Hoopster said:

I have a question around this - I’ve noticed that after a reboot of the server that ZT doesn’t work until the interface is re-added, and I think it’s because the interface extra setting is there immediately, while the ZT container takes time to boot up.

Is there a way of delaying it to only apply after docker has come up?

I was thinking about using userscripts to apply it on array start, and remove it on array stop - is there a way doing it in bash?