Pls Help - After wiping all disks and chosing ZFS as file system, the Array is continuously reading and writing

hey guys,

i am having a issue with the the array, its continuously reading at full speed and writing and dont goes to spindown the disks. i set the whole array to the zfs file system and its works great for 5 days but after a normaal reboot having this issue. i set docker/vm off to see if something there given this problem but no, i even pulled my hba card out of the system and connected disk to sata ports on motherboard still the disks are on load.

i dont know whats cousing this.

i am getting this by FileActivity look at the screenshot

All help is welcome lol

Screenshot.thumb.png.7b51d70487566b51db35894ab41a92a1.png

activ.png

sarnas-diagnostics-20230721-1833.zip

9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

No idea what could be creating those temp files, don't remember ever seeing anything similar, you could redo the flash drive and re-configure the server in case it's something config related.

i treid to set some hdd to xfs file system but the results are the same. last option is to redo the flash but for that u meant to  flash the usb with  USB Flash Creator tool right ?

little update.

i restored one month old flashbackup version 6.12.0 and everything was back to normaal then i update to 6.12.3 and disks went to spindown and no more reads/writes etc but the systeem was to slow somehow and still slow now. i installed zfs plugin then the reads and write begon again so i uninstalled and the disks behavior went to normaal.

somehow there is something or bug somewhere that it causes this probleem.

i am thinking that i'll change the disks back to xfs filesystem cause if i cant use zfsplugin and cant make snapshots whats the point of zfs files system right?

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Are you sure that safe mode didn't fix it?  Those files look suspiciously like what FCP writes to check the hard drives.  

yea i am sure because i run 3 times in safemode and i got the same results.

i installed zfs plugin 2 times and everytime i get that read/writes issue. 

Edited by mrfly

Hi,

I got the same problem and after some trial and error I am now convinced that it's the ZFS Master plugin that causes the read and write issue. But after unistalling it i kept getting reads on the zfs disk in the array. When i diable the Folder Caching plugin those reads went away and the disk spins down.

The curious part is that only the zfs formatted disk has a problem with the Folder Cache plugin, all other xfs formatted disks spin down like normal.