WEB GUI not working after update to 6.12.3

Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

I'm having the same issue. I'll pull logs and attach in a bit, but wanted to reply so I track this post. 

Ever since I upgraded, my server has been acting weird. It has crashed multiple times, freezes, services die etc. I just rebooted and while all the containers are up, the Unraid webGUI is giving a 502 bad gateway. 

It's very very unlikely to be a hardware issue. I'm using relatively new hardware (it's a Dell Optiplex Micro, around 2 years old,), and everything was working flawlessly with multiple months of uptime.. till I installed this update. After that, issues galore. I suppose it's possible that something in the machine broke, but the simpler explanation is that something in the update isn't working right. I'm seeing more people post about similar issues as well. 

Kinda disappointed with Unraid on this. I had moved from a self-administered Proxmox server thinking that Unraid would be easier.. but this update has reduced my confidence in Unraid. My Proxmox server ran for 5+ years, with many, many point upgrades and multiple major upgrades, and never once had an issue. 

I hope this is something minor and easily fixed. 

• Solution
On 7/23/2023 at 11:33 AM, spykid said:

My web GUI fails to load after the update 6.12.3, tried different solutions on the forum to no success. Could someone please check the attached diagnostics and see anything wrong?

What version are you comfing from?

Your SSL port is set to 80443, but the max is 65535

Carefully edit the config/ident.cfg file on the flash drive and change this line:

PORTSSL="80443"

to something else, like:

PORTSSL="40443"

(or any other number between 1000 and 65k that isn't in use by a Docker container)

Then reboot the system.  Based on your settings, the webgui should be available at these urls:
  http://192.168.1.75:8080

http://Tower.local:8080

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

Same problem after update to 6.12.4. LAN card not blinking, can't find server, no GUI. And I have a 128 character password, that I have to type blind on a non-English keyboard.

Did this to reset password :

"Bing up an editor (such as Notepad++) on the following file:

/boot/config/shadow

On the first line, you should see something such as:

root:\$&\$&%\*1112233484847648DHD\$%.:15477:0:99999:7:::

Change that line to the following (essentially delete the content between the first and second colons):

root::15477:0:99999:7:::"

I type root and I leave password empty, it says wrong password. Can't get new diagnostics file.

I only have an old diagnostics file from 6 months ago.

What to do?

diskstation-diagnostics-20230619-1717.zip

All your NICs are being passed-through:

07:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168NGW [Stone Peak] [8086:24fb] (rev 10)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168NGW [Stone Peak] [8086:2110]
    Kernel driver in use: vfio-pci
09:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1539] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection [1849:1539]
    Kernel modules: igb
0c:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Aquantia Corp. AQC107 NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion] [1d6a:07b1] (rev 02)
    Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation AQC107 NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion] [1849:d107]
    Kernel modules: atlantic