[Plugin] FolderView

On 9/30/2023 at 3:30 AM, scolcipitato said:

New version out: 2023.09.30

Changelog:

• Added custom events, go to the edit/ add page to get started.
  • Updated EN and IT translation for the new version, @kennymc.c I've already added the new lines to the DE translation you just need to translate if you want.
  • Changed the custom CSS import method (here you can find the post I talked about it, if the custom CSS is not working after the update just rename some file according and everything will work as before).
  • Added custom scripts event, you can read about it in the dev guide on GH (link in the first post).
  • Bringed VM tab to par with docker functionality where possible.
  • Updated dev guide and templates.

Hello @scolcipitato, thank you very much for the update, regarding the execution of User-Scripts, I had not been able to write, since until today I managed to catch up with the forum posts. I tried to get the user scripts to work, and it didn't work, until I read the Javascript script code at line 1007 of the file "usr/local/emhttp/plugins/folder.view/scripts /dashboard.js", where it indicates that only the script name of the "User Script" plugin should be entered, I like it much better this way. However, when adding the script it is not clear that only the plugin script name "User Script" should be entered.

image.thumb.png.448ba5b1de7e8ea8a2f6367654a89692.png

Additionally, I would like to ask you the favor of correcting the edit scripts button, since when you click it, it redirects to the last page before entering to edit the Folder

image.thumb.png.fc69e2c7ba4336d9f9d38ed0f0a79f8c.png

I use Google Chrome

image.thumb.png.17b0ae48c7c7d71c2fd73fa614ca1f96.png

My intuition says that the error may be on line 322 of the file usr/local/emhttp/plugins/folder.view/scripts /folder.js "config.conatiners"

Additionally I see that by correcting this error it would only work for containers, I don't know what needs to be done to make it work on virtual machines

1 hour ago, DazedAndConfused said:

I really dont understand the autostart checker. How is this supposed to work? Explain like im 5, please. I created my folders but the icon is red. How the heck am I supposed to arrange the folders to pass this check? 

When you first create a folder it will come up at the top of the container list, but that is NOT the same as the autostart order. That makes the icon red to let you know what you see is not the order they will actually start in.

Once you change the order of folders or containers in the list, the auto load order is updated to match what you see, then the icon turns green.

Edited by Mattaton
8 hours ago, JhonScript said:

Additionally, I would like to ask you the favor of correcting the edit scripts button, since when you click it, it redirects to the last page before entering to edit the Folder

image.thumb.png.fc69e2c7ba4336d9f9d38ed0f0a79f8c.png

I use Google Chrome

I tested on chrome and edge, I found no issue.

To be fair, I didn't quite understand the problem, so if you can explain further, it would be helpful.

8 hours ago, JhonScript said:

image.thumb.png.17b0ae48c7c7d71c2fd73fa614ca1f96.png

My intuition says that the error may be on line 322 of the file usr/local/emhttp/plugins/folder.view/scripts /folder.js "config.conatiners"

Additionally I see that by correcting this error it would only work for containers, I don't know what needs to be done to make it work on virtual machines

This line is for adding selected containers to the list. It is containers because, I started coding the plugin with only containers, so I named the element that contains the folder children (containers), but for VMs it is just the VMs.

19 hours ago, Mattaton said:

When you first create a folder it will come up at the top of the container list, but that is NOT the same as the autostart order. That makes the icon red to let you know what you see is not the order they will actually start in.

Once you change the order of folders or containers in the list, the auto load order is updated to match what you see, then the icon turns green.

I have not seen where Im able to change the order of the folders. I cant drag and drop them. 

3 minutes ago, DazedAndConfused said:

I have not seen where Im able to change the order of the folders. I cant drag and drop them. 

The order for the folders themselves are handled on the docker page. You have to unlock them with the padlock icon, drag and drop to change order, then lock them again.

I always unlock the lock, move the top row of folders down to the bottom, then relock the padlock then ctrl f5 and it moves right back to the top. What could be causing this on sorting the folders? I had to basically build what i wanted ordered from beginning to end. If that makes sense to get the folder i wanted at the top of the screen. Am i missing something simple?

2 minutes ago, sipa said:

I always unlock the lock, move the top row of folders down to the bottom, then relock the padlock then ctrl f5 and it moves right back to the top. What could be causing this on sorting the folders? I had to basically build what i wanted ordered from beginning to end. If that makes sense to get the folder i wanted at the top of the screen. Am i missing something simple?

This is a bug, I need the debug file (first post for instructions).

19 hours ago, DazedAndConfused said:

I figured it out, thanks. Not sure how I can see what the autostart order of my dockers is, but after randomly shuffling stuff around, the icon turned green. 

You can see what dockerMan in unRAID has for the autostart order here: /flash/config/plugins/dockerMan/userprefs.cfg

I would not edit that file, though. Not sure if that's kosher or not.

Between dragging and dropping the folders (or containers that aren't in folders) on the docker page and then dragging and dropping the containers inside each folder on the folder's config page, you are setting the order you want for autostart.

However, whenever you add a folder or make a change to the order inside a folder, you want to unlock the docker page and randomly move something, relock, and then unlock again and move things back the way you had it, and finally lock it again. This last random move and move-back is what updates that userprefs.cfg file to lock in the order you see on your screen. Once the order you see matches the order in userprefs.cfg, the autostart sync icon turns green letting you know what you see is what you'll actually get.

5 minutes ago, sipa said:

odd that doesnt work for me typing debug, but oddly i wonder if im even on the proper plugin? i checked updates and says up to date. but author is GuildDarts date is 2023.03.18 

I'm running 6.12.4 unraid.

You need to uninstall Docker Folder and install FolderView. I think as of 6.12.3 Docker Folders is a no-go.

Thankfully @scolcipitato picked it up and ran with it. 🙂 

Edited by Mattaton
2 minutes ago, sipa said:

So strange that the old plugin still worked im sure I had updated it, oh well will give this a try ty.

It still works with earlier versions but is no longer under development. FolderView is the new hotness. 🙂 

Be advised, this is a completely separate plugin. I'm not sure if there is a clean way to move your folder order from Docker Folder to FolderView.

Edited by Mattaton

I'm messing with the part of adding the border around the folder name, I have it around the containers and the dividers work. I put the .css in the /boot/config/plugins/folder.view/styles/ folder it states to. Nothing seems to change though, I pressed ctrl f5. It is the compact2 Hernandito custom-docker.css, I'm not well versed in all this. sorry. Do i need to do anything other than just add the .css and it should work? Note I am also on the dark mode. I changed themes and nothing seems to work. 

1 minute ago, sipa said:

I'm messing with the part of adding the border around the folder name, I have it around the containers and the dividers work. I put the .css in the /boot/config/plugins/folder.view/styles/ folder it states to. Nothing seems to change though, I pressed ctrl f5. It is the compact2 Hernandito custom-docker.css, I'm not well versed in all this. sorry. Do i need to do anything other than just add the .css and it should work? Note I am also on the dark mode. I changed themes and nothing seems to work. 

I'm not sure if @hernandito has updated the names of his custom files to work with the newest plugin version. 

Files have to be named like my.docker.css in order for the plugin to pick it up.

5 minutes ago, sipa said:

Also, if you want a dark mode theme, I have themes compatible with the built in black and gray themes. See my signature for a link.

• Like 1
On 10/15/2023 at 3:38 AM, scolcipitato said:

I tested on chrome and edge, I found no issue.

To be fair, I didn't quite understand the problem, so if you can explain further, it would be helpful.

Hello, it seems that the problem is that the custom action does not have the conatiners variable when the custom action is of type "Custom"

image.png.c952b24fa0ccd227f53ea96ea05a9b21.png

image.thumb.png.fb8826671b4734c0fb4ced157fff7b1a.png

On 9/13/2023 at 12:42 PM, scolcipitato said:

This was a good idea, so good that i actually I made it, now I just need people to translate the plugin.

I'll leave the translation file if anyone wants to translate something.

The "locale" field and the name of the file should be an ISO 639-1 language code.

If you translate, don't edit any HTML tags you see, only edit text.

For anyone else, I'm getting a little burned out on the advanced context, so I made this, I promise I will continue, I just need to comment out the code, iron out some bugs, and copy the new code to the dashboard, the update is not far in the future.

With this update I also introduced the feature requested from @jbb, you can add containers to a folder with labels.

en.json 6.57 kB · 6 downloads

Edit:

For anyone translating, the field "updating" have a $1 in the string, that $1 is the name of the folder, so it should stay there, you can change its position.

The same concept is for HTML tags mentioned above, you can change their positions, but they shouldn't be removed.

Edit 2:

Forgot to mention I translated the plugin in Italian, if you want to redo my work you are more than welcome.

Hi, I just saw your comment (I didnt check the forum in a while). Is it already translated to Spanish? If not I can translate it