[Support] Nodiaque - Gameserver docker

13 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

and it's still running or the docker stopped? Is this the proton or wine version? For me, this is a server not loaded cause you should see the enshrouded log file in there. Check in the server folder for the log file and look what it says. This look like something that never started. Try starting from scratch, delete the folder, docker and image.

Started from scratch, that helped, thank you very much.

Hello everybody,

i am just new to Unraid and learning still.

I just tried to install a Gamemap Hosting Docker from the game Enshroudet.

I enterd my Login and pw but it seems it does not start the download from Steam

it seems i need to enter the code from Streamguard in a console but wherever i start the console the system tells me there is not sutch a command it knows.

where is this command hidden? and btw how do i change the Name and PW of the Map?

Thx everyone

1.png

Edited by Olivilo
1 minute ago, Olivilo said:

Hello everybody,

i am just new to Unraid and learning still.

I just tried to install a Gamemap Hosting Docker from the game Enshroudet.

I enterd my Login and pw but it seems it does not start the download from Steam

it seems i need to enter the code from Streamguard in a console but wherever i start the console the system tells me there is not sutch a command it knows.

where is this command hidden? and btw how do i change the Name and PW of the Map?

Thx everyone

I don't know what gamemap hosting docker is. To run the server, all you have to do is install enshrouded, let it start (take a while). Once it's completely finish (you will have enshrouded log files and configuration file in the folder), you can stop and edit the config file.

18 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

I don't know what gamemap hosting docker is. To run the server, all you have to do is install enshrouded, let it start (take a while). Once it's completely finish (you will have enshrouded log files and configuration file in the folder), you can stop and edit the config file.

I dont mean a different map sorry no native speaker.

standard map but it seems that the dockes installation sice it uses my login credentials need to get over Steamguard, in the Installatin is written i need to use a command with the Key i got in the email but as you can see it does not work, so i need to know where i exececute it.

Next is that only with commandoline to seek some config files in a directory structure i am not firm with i seek myself dead seeking them so if you know in what directory this config file is plz tell me 😄

1.png

Edited by Olivilo
8 minutes ago, Olivilo said:

I dont mean a different map sorry no native speaker.

standard map but it seems that the dockes installation sice it uses my login credentials need to get over Steamguard, in the Installatin is written i need to use a command with the Key i got in the email but as you can see it does not work, so i need to know where i exececute it.

Next is that only with commandoline to seek some config files in a directory structure i am not firm with i seek myself dead seeking them so if you know in what directory this config file is plz tell me 😄

1.png

Do not use you steam account, leave this blank.

ok i deinstalled and installed this docker fresh with no credetials from me

and i wait now until all is installed in Background ... btw where do i find the config file to change Name and PW of the server ?

In the folder where your path is mapped when you created the docker.

i found the directory over the file manger under caches and appdata enshroudet

i think its not in teh steam directory

in this enshroudet i have allredy different config files but i cant rightklick edit them

i dont know any command line editors for linux sry

i found the directory over the file manger under caches and appdata enshroudet

i think its not in teh steam directory

in this enshroudet i have allredy different config files but i cant rightklick edit them

i dont know any command line editors for linux sry

You can check permission on your share and your file. Normally, the user nobody which is default unraid have access and you should be able to edit like any other file in appdata. If not, you might have a permission issue. There's multiple app you can use to edit from the community app like code-server and such.

Ok i got it running needet to open the Ports UPD uses and then i could see it.

Thx for help.

Now next Question if i want more of same so 2 or 3 Enshorudtet server with different config filed do i install it again or clone it or how does this work in Docker ?

Does anyone have any insight on enshrouded server performance? The game becomes unplayable once 4 people join the server. 3 is okay with some lag here and there but 4 completely breaks it and often see an error relating to "pending packets is full....". Is this a limitation of the current server implementation from the game itself? or are there any config changes that I can make to improve performance?

On 2/17/2024 at 5:15 PM, Qdub said:

Does anyone have any insight on enshrouded server performance? The game becomes unplayable once 4 people join the server. 3 is okay with some lag here and there but 4 completely breaks it and often see an error relating to "pending packets is full....". Is this a limitation of the current server implementation from the game itself? or are there any config changes that I can make to improve performance?

Don't forget it's an early access game that's been out maybe a month. Yes there will be improvement by the Devs. 

Also, this is not a native Linux release, it runs over wine and proton (if you use the proton container) thus not native. This will add some performance issue. 

The server is highly unoptimized. People  saw 20gb of ram usage with 4 players. I myself don't here about lags from my 6 players, but I have a very beefy server. 

Unfortunately, there's nothing me or you can do to make it more optimized. 

Edited by Nodiaque
  • Like 1

I just updated your game docker for enshrouded and it now no longer starts..

Start - Execution error

im just running out the door for work..  but wanted to check if anything was going on.. or if I get to save all the data and try and reinstall and see if my groups data and progress is still salvageable..