[Support] Nodiaque - Gameserver docker

Summary: Support Thread for Nodiaque Gameserver Dockers

Application: SteamCMD

DockerHub: https://hub.docker.com/r/nodiaque/steamcmd

All dockers are easy to set up and are highly customizable, all dockers are tested with the standard configuration (port forwarding,...) if the are reachable and show up in the server list form the "outside".

The default password for the gameservers if enabled is: Docker

It there is a admin password the default password is: adminDocker

Please read the discription of each docker and the variables that you install (some dockers need special variables to run).

The Steam Username and Password is only needed in templates where the two fields are marked as required with the red *

Special thanks to @ich777 that created the original docker and supported them for many years.

Edited by Nodiaque
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

If you're impatient like me you should be able to mess around with another game server and set up enshrouded with Nodiadue's image.

I used v-rising since I already had the installed.

Go to docker page -> Add Container -> choose game template.

Delete most of the configs and then add the ports you need for this game.

Make sure to change the part where it says repository to: nodiaque/steamcmd:enshrouded

Start it and let it download the game, open server logs and watch, it will eventually start the exe file. 

Stop it and go into the unraid console and find the json file for the game (find . -name enshrouded_server.json) and edit that to be what you want.

Start it up again and watch logs, you're looking for the following:

[OnlineProviderSteam] 'Initialize' (up)!
[OnlineProviderSteam] 'JoinOrCreateGame' (up)!
[OnlineProviderSteam] 'SetLobbyData' (up)!
[OnlineProviderSteam] 'JoinLocalPlayers' (up)!
[OnlineProviderSteam] 'ConnectToPeers' (up)!
[OnlineProviderSteam] finished transition from 'Uninitialized' to 'InGame' (current='InGame')!
[Session] 'HostOnline' (up)!
[Session] finished transition from 'Lobby' to 'Host_Online' (current='Host_Online')!

Screenshot 2024-01-24 154304.jpg

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Munkey said:

If you're impatient like me you should be able to mess around with another game server and set up enshrouded with Nodiadue's image.

I used v-rising since I already had the installed.

Go to docker page -> Add Container -> choose game template.

Delete most of the configs and then add the ports you need for this game.

Make sure to change the part where it says repository to: nodiaque/steamcmd:enshrouded

Start it and let it download the game, open server logs and watch, it will eventually start the exe file. 

Stop it and go into the unraid console and find the json file for the game (find . -name enshrouded_server.json) and edit that to be what you want.

Start it up again and watch logs, you're looking for the following:

[OnlineProviderSteam] 'Initialize' (up)!
[OnlineProviderSteam] 'JoinOrCreateGame' (up)!
[OnlineProviderSteam] 'SetLobbyData' (up)!
[OnlineProviderSteam] 'JoinLocalPlayers' (up)!
[OnlineProviderSteam] 'ConnectToPeers' (up)!
[OnlineProviderSteam] finished transition from 'Uninitialized' to 'InGame' (current='InGame')!
[Session] finished transition from 'Lobby' to 'Host_Online' (current='Host_Online')!

Screenshot 2024-01-24 154304.jpg

Just take the xml from my github repo and import it.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

Just take the xml from my github repo and import it.

yeah that works too, had to figure out where those are kept first.

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/ 

if anyone needs it.

1 minute ago, Nodiaque said:

yeah I don't know why it's not there. I might have done something wrong

I have no idea how any of this works but at least its really easy to import your xml as a fallback. Good luck getting it listed and nice work!

Any plans to add fields for SERVER_NAME and _PASSWORD and such? I'm currently testing your XML after having a semi-successful attempt at skinnr's running but I couldn't get it to pick up the config files, (nor could I find them myself) so. Here we go :)

Could not load resource cache file 'Z:/serverdata/serverfiles/enshrouded_server.krc'. error=file not found
I'm seeing that but also I can't figure out how to set server name so I can search it, I get the HOST ONLINE bit, but I'm unable to find the server. Any thoughts?

Edited by Nibbles

You have to edit the config file as per the documentation. Right now, I didn't do anything that automatically put var in the config file. The game itself doesn't support any command line to configure stuff. I might in the futur check other ich777 container and see how to edit the file on the fly before the launch of the server. But for now, just edit the json while server is offline (file is created on first launch with default config as per Enshrouded doc) and you'll be good to go. I myself prefer editing the file then editing var because var require docker recompile while file just need a restart. Just a personal preference here.

I've updated my template to show explicitly that the json file need to be edited to change the name and password.

Edited by Nodiaque
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

You have to edit the config file as per the documentation. Right now, I didn't do anything that automatically put var in the config file. The game itself doesn't support any command line to configure stuff. I might in the futur check other ich777 container and see how to edit the file on the fly before the launch of the server. But for now, just edit the json while server is offline (file is created on first launch with default config as per Enshrouded doc) and you'll be good to go. I myself prefer editing the file then editing var because var require docker recompile while file just need a restart. Just a personal preference here.

So I've done that, foudn the json and edited it, ensured it's right etcetc. Booted the server just fine, but I'm unable to find my server via search. Any thoughts?

It might take a while before it shows like other game. Also, be sure to have port forward properly set in your firewall

[W 00:05:11,924] [savedata] File command of type '13' failed with error: 'file not found'.
[W 00:05:11,930] [savedata] File command of type '14' failed with error: 'file not found'.

I'm seeing this pop up, is it normal or am I missing perms somewhere?

Did you put the path according to your environnement after inserting the template? This error mean it's not able to save. Normally, should see this:

[server] Start Saving
[I 03:08:01,046] [server] Start Saving
[savedata] [I 03:08:01,052] [savedata] Compression of Blob 0x00000000::USER took 67.00 us
Compression of Blob 0x00000000::USER took 67.00 us
MaxClientComponents: 1

Maybe it doesn't work when no player have joined yet

Did you put the path according to your environnement after inserting the template? This error mean it's not able to save. Normally, should see this:

[server] Start Saving
[I 03:08:01,046] [server] Start Saving
[savedata] [I 03:08:01,052] [savedata] Compression of Blob 0x00000000::USER took 67.00 us
Compression of Blob 0x00000000::USER took 67.00 us

Maybe it doesn't work when no player have joined yet

The xml set pathing and created the folders. I have data in them so I know it's working.

Thing is:

[server] Start Saving
[I 00:10:11,902] [server] Start Saving
[savedata] [I 00:10:11,907] [savedata] Compression of Blob 0x00000000::USER took 114.00 us
Compression of Blob 0x00000000::USER took 114.00 us

I do see that lol I just can't find the server via search TO conect to it lol

[I 00:00:12,553] [OnlineProviderSteam] finished transition from 'Uninitialized' to 'InGame' (current='InGame')!
[I 00:00:12,557] [Session] 'HostOnline' (up)!
[I 00:00:12,557] [Session] finished transition from 'Lobby' to 'Host_Online' (current='Host_Online')!

So I mean technically the server is up and running lol

Yeah, there might be too many server adding and we can't see them all. I don't own the game myself but my friend said they see my server, but it was about 30 minutes to an hour after I started it. Now that we are in the evening (at least where I am), there might be many more server popping and the game browser can't keep up. Other then verifying that the query port and game port are properly port forward, I cannot really say. Maybe check the network you used? By default it's bridge since putting a custom network in a template is a very bad idea, but on my end, i'm using a custom network.

Edited by Nodiaque
9 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

Yeah, there might be too many server adding and we can't see them all. I don't own the game myself but my friend said they see my server, but it was about 30 minutes to an hour after I started it. Now that we are in the evening (at least where I am), there might be many more server popping and the game browser can't keep up. Other then verifying that the query port and game port are properly port forward, I cannot really say. Maybe check the network you used? By default it's bridge since putting a custom network in a template is a very bad idea, but on my end, i'm using a custom network.

Yeah I have it on a custom network as well, I don't mind waiting it out, do you have a log snapshot of what it will look like if someone joins? I do appreciate the expeditious replies and quick thinking you did to spin this up, thank you!