[Support] Nodiaque - Gameserver docker

1 hour ago, Nodiaque said:

You have to edit the config file as per the documentation. Right now, I didn't do anything that automatically put var in the config file. The game itself doesn't support any command line to configure stuff. I might in the futur check other ich777 container and see how to edit the file on the fly before the launch of the server. But for now, just edit the json while server is offline (file is created on first launch with default config as per Enshrouded doc) and you'll be good to go. I myself prefer editing the file then editing var because var require docker recompile while file just need a restart. Just a personal preference here.

I've updated my template to show explicitly that the json file need to be edited to change the name and password.

Forwarded the ports on your router?

Not sure if this helps someone, but in the enshrouded_server.json file, leave the "ip": 0.0.0.0"   

I tried to set my WAN IP in this line, and I kept getting connection errors to steam.  Feel free to change the "name", "password", "gamePort", and "queryPort" here.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

normally about 2 hours. But since it's my first time submission, I'm not sure if there's an added time

Thank a lot for doing this! is it available now? I can't find it in the Apps...

12 minutes ago, Bushibot said:

Forwarded the ports on your router?

You have to, like anything behind a firewall. But I think you're not replying to the right person ;)

7 minutes ago, Zalszibar said:

Not sure if this helps someone, but in the enshrouded_server.json file, leave the "ip": 0.0.0.0"   

I tried to set my WAN IP in this line, and I kept getting connection errors to steam.  Feel free to change the "name", "password", "gamePort", and "queryPort" here.

I tend to never mess with "ip" when it's in a config file, specially with non-static ip.

1 hour ago, Nodiaque said:

Yeah, there might be too many server adding and we can't see them all. I don't own the game myself but my friend said they see my server, but it was about 30 minutes to an hour after I started it. Now that we are in the evening (at least where I am), there might be many more server popping and the game browser can't keep up. Other then verifying that the query port and game port are properly port forward, I cannot really say. Maybe check the network you used? By default it's bridge since putting a custom network in a template is a very bad idea, but on my end, i'm using a custom network.

Mine showing up fine in search. I suspect the quarry port isn’t connecting. 

3 hours ago, Munkey said:

If you're impatient like me you should be able to mess around with another game server and set up enshrouded with Nodiadue's image.

I used v-rising since I already had the installed.

Go to docker page -> Add Container -> choose game template.

Delete most of the configs and then add the ports you need for this game.

Make sure to change the part where it says repository to: nodiaque/steamcmd:enshrouded

Start it and let it download the game, open server logs and watch, it will eventually start the exe file. 

Stop it and go into the unraid console and find the json file for the game (find . -name enshrouded_server.json) and edit that to be what you want.

Start it up again and watch logs

This worked perfect for me.  Thanks @Munkey

8 minutes ago, Bushibot said:

Mine showing up fine in search. I suspect the quarry port isn’t connecting. 

I have ensured both UDP ports are open on the router, assigned to my unraid box, restarted and ensured the server is started, and still nothing. I'm curious what else it could be.

I am noob, what does that mean when I get the message Something went wrong, can't find the executable, putting container into sleep mode!

Did I forget something?

Edit: Ok now it says No log files found after 20 seconds, putting container into sleep mode!

Edited by noax
2 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

Did you check the path in the template? It seems download doesn't work

I copied your XML file, it seems that server is starting but failed to find logs file and hence put the container in sleep mode automatically...

2 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

you don't have to put your username and password (in fact leave it empty).

Okay, I have removed it and restarted it, still the same thing, it keeps looking for the logs...:

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
tid(33) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1705108307
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
tid(63) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/serverdata/Steam/logs'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1705108307
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...dlmopen steamservice.so failed: steamservice.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
OK
"@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType" = "windows"

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '2278520' already up to date.
---Checking if WINE workdirectory is present---
---WINE workdirectory found---
---Checking if WINE is properly installed---
---WINE properly set up---
---Prepare Server---
---'enshrouded_server.json' found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Waiting for logs...
wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
Waiting for logs...
No log files found after 20 seconds, putting container into sleep mode!

2 hours ago, Nibbles said:

Yeah I have it on a custom network as well, I don't mind waiting it out, do you have a log snapshot of what it will look like if someone joins? I do appreciate the expeditious replies and quick thinking you did to spin this up, thank you!

Look something like that
image.png.c5e06cd977d97380f1fbaa793833f142.png

9 minutes ago, noax said:

Okay, I have removed it and restarted it, still the same thing, it keeps looking for the logs...:

There's a kernel error in the log too, it seems wine isn't running properly. Maybe try removing the docker + image, erase the base folder and restart from scratch. Something is weird here and not even something I made. Wine is built-in into the image I'm based on.

edit: I reuploaded the template xml in case something was badly pasted.

Edited by Nodiaque
2 minutes ago, Nibbles said:

in steam: view > game servers > favorites > plus button at the bottom

was given this tip, and using this feature allowed me to find my server via public IP:port so I'm golden. @NodiaqueThanks so much for this app and your time! 

Oh yeah I forgot about the steam server browser. It's often better. But using the favorites doesn't mean it show in the browser for other player (I used to do that locally). There's also the Lan tab (I think that's the name) where it scan your local network to find servers of all the game.

2 hours ago, Nibbles said:

I have ensured both UDP ports are open on the router, assigned to my unraid box, restarted and ensured the server is started, and still nothing. I'm curious what else it could be.

Try tcp at least for query. My ports are set to both.

With the help of ich777, a new template and docker image has been built. It's more "cleaning" that was added, nothing changing how everything work. We did add back the "game parameters" option in the template but for now there's nothing since the game doesn't have any. I'll check more today to add parameter for the server name and game password from var.

• Upvote 2