[Support] Nodiaque - Gameserver docker

4 minutes ago, Markyb0y said:

Hi All, nearly there, but I am also getting the password issue as in there is none, I have tried changing the docker key to SERVERPASS, this didnt work still no password, I have left it blank, this overwrites anything in my config with blank so no password.

Have even tried removing the config from the serverpass var from unraid completely and it still blanks anything I put in my json manually so no password, so close yet so far away, keep up the great work everyone! 

anyone found any further workarounds?

Hello,

the latest version of the docker doesn't touch the server file anymore (unless it doesn't exist then it create it). All variable in the template does nothing. You must change the file only when the server is offline. Once the server is down, you can change it and put your password, save and load.

6 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Hello,

the latest version of the docker doesn't touch the server file anymore (unless it doesn't exist then it create it). All variable in the template does nothing. You must change the file only when the server is offline. Once the server is down, you can change it and put your password, save and load.

Confirmed working. Thanks!

I've learned so much from this thread. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

This still isn't listed in C.A.??  I had a work trip, figured I'd come back and install it, and it's still not listed?   Yes,  I know I can do the XML file thing but, I feel bad that it's not listed still after all this time you've put in.

I'm going on a tangent here, but has anyone else noticed extremely high CPU usage when running this server? I have an i3 10100, nothing else is using significant amounts of power (plex, jellyfin, IRC client, qbitorrent, etc all barely use any CPU), and I'm reaching 10% CPU usage at idle, and 55-60% with just 3 players on the server. top/htop seems to confirm this isn't some IOwait "fake" CPU usage.

1. Can anyone else confirm this high CPU usage behaviour? That way I'll know if it's just me or a global issue.
  2. Is it the server app itself causing the CPU usage, or the Wine overhead? I have a dozen game servers running, many through Wine, and none go this high with so few players.
  3. Depending on the cause of the issue, any idea if this can be fixed? It pretty much doubles my power consumption (45W -> 85W).

Seescreenshots for info.

image.thumb.png.848ca701f87a59ac94de9a8faca8e023.png

image.thumb.png.ae6aa9e4d15dbd8ba577c47bde7514a5.png

image.thumb.png.5389a41b52ff52c429943bdb362ce876.png

2 hours ago, SinoBreizh said:

I'm going on a tangent here, but has anyone else noticed extremely high CPU usage when running this server? I have an i3 10100, nothing else is using significant amounts of power (plex, jellyfin, IRC client, qbitorrent, etc all barely use any CPU), and I'm reaching 10% CPU usage at idle, and 55-60% with just 3 players on the server. top/htop seems to confirm this isn't some IOwait "fake" CPU usage.

1. Can anyone else confirm this high CPU usage behaviour? That way I'll know if it's just me or a global issue.
  2. Is it the server app itself causing the CPU usage, or the Wine overhead? I have a dozen game servers running, many through Wine, and none go this high with so few players.
  3. Depending on the cause of the issue, any idea if this can be fixed? It pretty much doubles my power consumption (45W -> 85W).

Seescreenshots for info.

image.thumb.png.848ca701f87a59ac94de9a8faca8e023.png

image.thumb.png.ae6aa9e4d15dbd8ba577c47bde7514a5.png

image.thumb.png.5389a41b52ff52c429943bdb362ce876.png

Yeah the utilization is crazy. Almost tempted to load up pterodactyl and try the egg i found for Enshrouded running proton instead of wine.  Supposedly its much easier on the hardware. I cant get more than 2 people on this server without major lag.

1 hour ago, Dreygonx said:

Yeah the utilization is crazy. Almost tempted to load up pterodactyl and try the egg i found for Enshrouded running proton instead of wine.  Supposedly its much easier on the hardware. I cant get more than 2 people on this server without major lag.

I don't have pterodactyl set up, so I'd be very interested to hear your results if you do test it!

It could help narrow down the performance issue to the server itself (if it's as much of a resource hog with Proton) or the Wine overhead (if it runs better with Proton).

I just downloaded the Enshrouded Gameserver and when looking at the logs i noticed that the enshrouded_server.json file changes i made did not update when the server was turning on. 

{
	"name": "Dip Dip Enshrouded Server",
	"password": "Docker",
	"saveDirectory": "./savegame",
	"logDirectory": "./logs",
	"ip": "0.0.0.0",
	"gamePort": 15636,
	"queryPort": 15637,
	"slotCount": 16
}

server logs.txt

12 hours ago, CoZ said:

Imported the XML and just saw a minor typo at the top after you import the XML:

This Docker will download and install SteamCMD. It will also install Palworld and run it.

Sorry, I don't see the typo?

9 hours ago, nubbz1992 said:

I just downloaded the Enshrouded Gameserver and when looking at the logs i noticed that the enshrouded_server.json file changes i made did not update when the server was turning on. 

{
	"name": "Dip Dip Enshrouded Server",
	"password": "Docker",
	"saveDirectory": "./savegame",
	"logDirectory": "./logs",
	"ip": "0.0.0.0",
	"gamePort": 15636,
	"queryPort": 15637,
	"slotCount": 16
}

server logs.txt 5.27 kB · 1 download

Looking at the log, nothing says it has touched the file. Maybe the game itself did it because something was wrong. In the old docker, when it was touching the file, it was writing information about what it's touching. Now, the only thing it does is download the file if it doesn't exist (something that could be removed since the game create it itself anyway). Unless you are running an outdated version of the docker file, nothing is touching (from my own code) the file anymore.

14 hours ago, SinoBreizh said:

I don't have pterodactyl set up, so I'd be very interested to hear your results if you do test it!

It could help narrow down the performance issue to the server itself (if it's as much of a resource hog with Proton) or the Wine overhead (if it runs better with Proton).

The game is early access and highly unoptimize. And it has a lot of bugs. Dev recommend daily restart. I have it with 6 users and it's using more than 16gb of ram.

@Nodiaque It's a minor thing and maybe now that it's in C.A. it won't show anymore?  Right after creating the my-enshrouded.xml file and then importing off of github and then adding the container from the templates.  On that screen that follows it's right at the very top.  I should have taken a screenshot but I was so excited about finally getting it up and running that I just continued forward figuring that was a leftover remnant from a Palword game server docker template that must have been used to build this one.

Edited by CoZ
15 minutes ago, Bokeh said:

@Nodiaque At least for me it's talking specifically about Palworld, where it should be talking about Enshrouded (or something more common)

1 hour ago, Nodiaque said:

I mean, what is the typo? I've checked what you typed vs the xml and I don't see any difference.

Thank you for explaining it better than I did.  Sorry I couldn't elaborate more.  I was in the middle of finally getting Fiber internet installed.

Hey All,

I used the Enshrouded CA today and seem to have an issue finding my game in the server list, it "seems" like it's running, but cant find it. If anyone has a moment to look over my log file and .jason to see if i'm missing something obvious, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

*oh, i just put in (redacted) in ... but they both show up in the live version.

[online] Server SteamId: (redacted)
[online] Public ipv4: (redacted)

enshourded_server.jason.txt log.txt

26 minutes ago, Tabraxis said:

Hey All,

I used the Enshrouded CA today and seem to have an issue finding my game in the server list, it "seems" like it's running, but cant find it. If anyone has a moment to look over my log file and .jason to see if i'm missing something obvious, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

*oh, i just put in (redacted) in ... but they both show up in the live version.

[online] Server SteamId: (redacted)
[online] Public ipv4: (redacted)

enshourded_server.jason.txt 264 B · 0 downloads log.txt 5.82 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, 

On my side, i got the conf right. But can't find it either. I had to wait like 2 H then restarted the server. Now it's working fine. Well, beside the high CPU usage.

47 minutes ago, Brainwasher06 said:

Hi, 

On my side, i got the conf right. But can't find it either. I had to wait like 2 H then restarted the server. Now it's working fine. Well, beside the high CPU usage.

Oh, interesting. I guess i'll try leaving it on for 2hr to see if i get the same. Thanks for the update :)

3 minutes ago, Tabraxis said:

Oh, interesting. I guess i'll try leaving it on for 2hr to see if i get the same. Thanks for the update :)

You know your own External IP address?  If so, then enter your server into the Steam Server browser manually and try to connect to it that way instead of watiing for the in-game-server-browser to populate.

This way you know if it's working or not instead of wasting time waiting for it to auto populate.

5 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Looking at the log, nothing says it has touched the file. Maybe the game itself did it because something was wrong. In the old docker, when it was touching the file, it was writing information about what it's touching. Now, the only thing it does is download the file if it doesn't exist (something that could be removed since the game create it itself anyway). Unless you are running an outdated version of the docker file, nothing is touching (from my own code) the file anymore.

I went back and uninstalled and re--installed the docker. let the docker run for a few hours before i updated the .json and it seems to be still not connecting. is there any console commands i can use to confirm information.  screen shot of the docker install. 

json is located at \\appdata\enshrouded\ .. i do see wine installed. 

enshrouded  folder.png

enshrouded docker.png

enshrouded_server.json Enshrouded Docker Logs.txt