[Support] Nodiaque - Gameserver docker

45 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

With the help of ich777, a new template and docker image has been built. It's more "cleaning" that was added, nothing changing how everything work. We did add back the "game parameters" option in the template but for now there's nothing since the game doesn't have any. I'll check more today to add parameter for the server name and game password from var.

Good morning (well it's AM here),

I just want to thank you for your help and everything, it is working fine now :) have a wonderful day

• Like 1

Just wanted to chime in here as well... was going to use random docker but saw this thread.
Manually added the xml and fired it up... works out the box.

+1 to adding some vars around Name/Pass so that step can be automated.

Unrelated but during a session with 3 people the game went nuts and pegged my server to 80% across 24 cores... lasted 3-5mins.
Afterwards dropped to 20%... so do keep an eye out if you see a server overloaded message during the game and report to devs to help optimize :)

2 minutes ago, melmurp said:

Just wanted to chime in here as well... was going to use random docker but saw this thread.
Manually added the xml and fired it up... works out the box.

+1 to adding some vars around Name/Pass so that step can be automated.

Unrelated but during a session with 3 people the game went nuts and pegged my server to 80% across 24 cores... lasted 3-5mins.
Afterwards dropped to 20%... so do keep an eye out if you see a server overloaded message during the game and report to devs to help optimize :)

Yeah it's not very optimize. I saw in my test docker the ram going to 16 gb usage with no one on it. Dev says to daily restart to prevent problem as much as possible.

• Thanks 1
On 1/24/2024 at 4:53 PM, Nodiaque said:

Just take the xml from my github repo and import it.

Rookie here. I've surfed a bit looking at how this works, and while I found a lot of posts that seem close to this, I can't find anything specific on how to import the XML. Can I get a short bullet list on how this is done please? 

Out of curiosity how much space does this take?

I tried to use another docker as instructed on page 2 and ran out of space.

"Error: write /var/lib/docker/tmp/GetImageBlob315832572: no space left on device"

Can't say for what you did, but it's a couple of Gb. Check your path. 

I suggest looking on this post on how to use the XML directly instead. It's not hard. It's a file to create somewhere on /boot. I'm on mobile so having difficulty with link. But you should find in the first page the person linking directly to the template and where/how to use it. 

1 hour ago, Nodiaque said:

Can't say for what you did, but it's a couple of Gb. Check your path. 

I suggest looking on this post on how to use the XML directly instead. It's not hard. It's a file to create somewhere on /boot. I'm on mobile so having difficulty with link. But you should find in the first page the person linking directly to the template and where/how to use it. 

Thanks ill go look for it. Honestly I hope squid updates CA so I can use that instead.

I've updated the image and the template. You can either recreate the template, update it or leave it as is. It will still work fine if you don't make the modification. The modifications are all variables that you can simply add to the template.

If a variable isn't set/present or is empty, the config file value will be used (so no impact if you already have a custom config file).

If you set a variable with a value, it will overwrite the value in the config file. All variables are optional so you can set only the one you want and leave the rest for config file default.

SERVERNAME - Name of the server
SERVERPASS - Password of the server
UDPGAMEPORT - Change the UDP game port used for the server. If you change this from the default (15636), you have to redo the port mapping in the template.
QUERYPORT - Change the UDP query port used for the server. If you change this from the default (15637), you have to redo the port mapping in the template.

Variables name are case sensitive.

If variables are properly set, you will see something like this just before the line "---Server Ready---" depending on which variable you set:

image.png.c50db17cb5c4ce26568e035b981a13b1.png

Password will never appear in the log

edit: THIS IS NOT TRUE ANYMORE, EVERYTHING IS SET MANUALLY IN THE CONFIG FILE BY THE USER

Edited by Nodiaque
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Hello, 

There is a post in the first page from someone who said where to import the file and how to use it. Hopefully, squid will soon accept my CA addition and this will be past history. 

Yep I skimmed right past it. Got it all working. Thanks for the effort on this!

Hi. I cant get the password to stick, I did leave SERVERPASS: empty to get the one I enter in the enshrouded_server.json to work but every time I start the server it writes over the password in enshrouded_server.json and leaves the server without a password. Name stays in there tho

1 hour ago, Putz.Jimmy said:

Hi. I cant get the password to stick, I did leave SERVERPASS: empty to get the one I enter in the enshrouded_server.json to work but every time I start the server it writes over the password in enshrouded_server.json and leaves the server without a password. Name stays in there tho

I never edited my enshrouded_server.json but I did use the SERVER PASS with a password (redacted below). 

My issue is that the game does not use my password and instead defaults to open.

Anything I can do? Also does the game server have like a minimum password requirement?

image.thumb.png.fd1687f8b002e291e448385c2ff44370.png

1 hour ago, Putz.Jimmy said:

Had same issue and with this version of this docker. My server ended up online without password, not good. I had to setup variable for the password and that fixed it. So this is wrong: "If you set a variable with a value, it will overwrite the value in the config file. All variables are optional so you can set only the one you want and leave the rest for config file default."

18 minutes ago, Henri Härkönen said:

Had same issue and with this version of this docker. My server ended up online without password, not good. I had to setup variable for the password and that fixed it. So this is wrong: "If you set a variable with a value, it will overwrite the value in the config file. All variables are optional so you can set only the one you want and leave the rest for config file default."

The serverpass key is named docker, change that to SERVERPASS and it works

• Thanks 2

I've reverted my change. Very sorry for that. I won't touch a working container anymore unless it's something needed and stick to "edit the config file" to prevent anything like that to ever happen again. Lesson learned.

Edited by Nodiaque
1 hour ago, Nodiaque said:

I've reverted my change. Very sorry for that. I won't touch a working container anymore unless it's something needed and stick to "edit the config file" to prevent anything like that to ever happen again. Lesson learned.

No worries, just change the serverpass-key from docker to SERVERPASS and everything works as it should! Thankyou for making this template! :)

7 minutes ago, Trasher said:

No worries, just change the serverpass-key from docker to SERVERPASS and everything works as it should! Thankyou for making this template! :)

Well once you will update, it won't work anymore. I removed the code that was using the variable. Stick to simple, just edit the config file. Less chance of something automated ruining something.

edit: I just saw about the Docker in the template. I'm still wondering how that happened since it'S a copy/paste of the template in unraid and mine does have SERVERPASS at that place. Again, sorry everyone, rookie mistake. I'll be more robust on next containers.

Edited by Nodiaque
  • Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

Again, sorry everyone, rookie mistake. I'll be more robust on next containers

No need to be sorry, don't be so harsh on yourself for the unpaid work you're putting in.

I for one really appreciate what you're doing, making life easier for docker newbies like me, on a game that launched less than 48 hours ago of all things. Saves me from spinning up a VM to host servers "the old way" because I don't understand docker well enough to do things myself.

Thanks to your docker and everyone's input in this thread, my server's up and friends are playing together - that's what matters!

Cheers

New to unraid myself and I've been using a few other dedicated servers. Just wanted to pitch in and say thanks as well, I'll be setting this up this weekend.
Thanks for putting in the work! I'm the same as Sino above, plenty fine with VM's and all that but dockers are new to me :D

Hi All, nearly there, but I am also getting the password issue as in there is none, I have tried changing the docker key to SERVERPASS, this didnt work still no password, I have left it blank, this overwrites anything in my config with blank so no password.

Have even tried removing the config from the serverpass var from unraid completely and it still blanks anything I put in my json manually so no password, so close yet so far away, keep up the great work everyone! 

anyone found any further workarounds?

Edited by Markyb0y