[Support] Nodiaque - Gameserver docker

35 minutes ago, Newtious said:

I just updated your game docker for enshrouded and it now no longer starts..

Start - Execution error

im just running out the door for work..  but wanted to check if anything was going on.. or if I get to save all the data and try and reinstall and see if my groups data and progress is still salvageable..

What do you mean by updated my game docker? I haven't push any update to it. Unless you mean steam downloaded an update? I just tried rebooting mine to see if any update and everything work fine. Seems like a corruption somewhere. You can try copy your config file and savegame data, erase everything, start a fresh new container and once it has properly started, stop and restore your file

54 minutes ago, Newtious said:

Start - Execution error

This is usually a indication that a Docker port is allocated twice or the image itself became corrupt.

Please go in the template, change something, then change it back to like it was before (you have to do this to activate the Apply button) and then click the Apply botton.

On the next page wait until the Done button appears but don't click Done and post the docker run output here, or you could fix it since you will then see why it was failing.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

@Nodiaque

server crashed/restarted almost 10+ in 6 hours

says temporary out of memory but Enshourded server is only using 1.7gb ram out of 128GB available

I have

--oom-kill-disable

and

--restart=unless-stopped

as container parameters

16 Cores 32 threads 128Gb ram all for Enshrouded, nothing running on my unraid Except Enshrouded

here are some screenshots when it happens:

image.thumb.png.692850c1ea9b92b2972b825ce423102c.png

another one here too

image.thumb.png.fa9bc4294ece500d106427b2c35840ff.png

I Have attached the log file too.

enshrouded_server_2024-03-09T19-02-15.log

Edited by Kesra

I honestly never saw that. Could it be out of memory from docker itself? Do you see something else like docker image full? Maybe corrupted memory? Could also have corrupted data, maybe try saving your data and starting from scratch. Just some idea to see if it help. Didn't get any other report about that

Hey! I found you Proton Version of the Enshrouded Version and wanted to try asking you for a big favor:

Right now there is a Palword Linux Server in the CA (provided by Ich777 who is also in this thread 😀). Currently only the Windows Version of the server supports Mods, why I would love to have a Windows Server running via Wine. I tried using an Image from Dockerhub, but couldnt get it to work, because Im pretty much a noob at dockers....I got spoiled by the CA 1-click-solutions you and others provide! 😂

So the question is: Do you want to look into providing this version? If you need the game for testing I would gift it to you as a little compensation for your work!

If you dont want to thats totally fine!

Hello,

Wine isn't made to run a server, it's a "compatibility layer" for windows application. We cannot have a working Windows OS under docker, it's not made for that and performance would be horrible. If that's what you want, you could simply run a OS VM in unraid.

Also, all Wine version of server are inferior version of real linux version. Once a linux native problem is made, we stop using wine and run native version because there's much less problem with a native version.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

Hello,

Wine isn't made to run a server, it's a "compatibility layer" for windows application. We cannot have a working Windows OS under docker, it's not made for that and performance would be horrible. If that's what you want, you could simply run a OS VM in unraid.

Also, all Wine version of server are inferior version of real linux version. Once a linux native problem is made, we stop using wine and run native version because there's much less problem with a native version.

Ok. I am running the native Linux Server Version, but would love to use mods. Looks like I will wait for a way to mod the linux version. The VM solution is a bit overkill. 

Thanks for the fast response!

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Leute,

Ich betreibe gerade auf meinem Server den Docker Enshrouded_Proton. Server läuft auch, lässt sich starten und man kann drauf beitreten und spielen. Nun meine Frage, wenn ich am Abend auf dem Server gespielt habe und am nächsten Tag/Abend wieder beitreten möchte, wird mir der Server als Offline angezeigt.

Wenn ich dann den Server im Unraid neu starte, wird automatisch ein neuer Spielstand geladen und ich muss aus den Backups mir die Daten wieder neu darauf spielen, damit der Server wieder auf den letzten Stand ist.

Hat da vielleicht eine Lösung dafür?

MfG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi peeps,

Im sorry if its something super basic but im new to server hosting. I set up the App in unraid but i can't find the server in enshrouded, or the steam server finder.

What i did:
I installed the Enshrouded App in the unraid UI and let it run. Then i edited the "enshrouded_server.json" and changed server name and password.

Then I went into my router settings and added the two UDP ports 15636-15637 for the device I have unraid running on.

I also restarted both the server and the router software multiple times.

The log file shows the server as running. But i cant connect to the server using its name or by using the IP.

Id appreciate any help and im sorry if I missed anything basic.

log file.PNG

Hello, just to be sure, you shutdown the server before editing the config file?

The game might not appear in the game server browser. Sometime it take a very long time.

If you connect to ip directly to your unraid server (not public ip), does it work? Try without a username/password first just to check if the config is properly done.

According to log file,server seems running fine

8 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

Hello, just to be sure, you shutdown the server before editing the config file?

Yes and I have also restarted the server multiple times till then

11 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

If you connect to ip directly to your unraid server (not public ip), does it work? Try without a username/password first just to check if the config is properly done.

Im not 100% sure i understand what you mean, im able to connect to my Unraid server just fine, or am i supposed to connect to the enshrouded server locally? If yes how would i do so?

Thank you anyway for the quick answer. 

5 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

Connect to your unraid ip from the game and not your public ip. There's a feature in my knowledge to connect by ip (I don't own the game)

Sadly that also does not work it just doesnt find the server. I'll leave it for an hour and check back in maybe it really just needs more time to show up.

if you can't connet directly with the ip of your server and port, it means there's something badly configured. By the logfile ou provided, we see HostOnline (up) which mean the docker is running properly. Did you change any of the port mapping in the configuration? What network configuration is the docker running on?

18 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Did you change any of the port mapping in the configuration?

I didn't change anything in the initial configuration.

18 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

What network configuration is the docker running on?

Im not 100% sure I understand what you mean. My home network is a Mesh. 

Also I attached a picture on my port forwarding configuration. Im not sure if I made a mistake there?

port forwarding.PNG

network configuration is in the docker configuration of the application itself (enshrouded). It's one of the many configuration.

You need to first check if you can connect directly to it using local ip (the unraid server ip OR the docker ip if it's an ip from your local network). You can do this by following instruction here

If this doesn't work, either your connection information are wrong or you have something miss configured. Normally, you wouldn't need any port open / forwarded to do this since you are on the same network.

You might wanna try using both port, I don't know which one is the one used to connect to the game.

5 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

You need to first check if you can connect directly to it using local ip (the unraid server ip OR the docker ip if it's an ip from your local network). You can do this by following instruction here

Thx for helping me, I managed now to connect to the server with the local IP of the Unraid server and the 15637 port. 

But its still not accesible through the public IP. So I guess the problem lies somewhere in the realms of opening/forwarding my ports?

Where are you trying from when you try from the internet? Some router doesn't allow loopback connection from the wan (which mean coming out from the lan to the internet than coming back in in the same connection).

If you are trying from a remote computer on the internet, there's 2 possibility. The port forwarding isn't properly done (screenshot you showed seems to be port opening and not port forwarding) or your ISP is blocking it

31 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

Where are you trying from when you try from the internet? Some router doesn't allow loopback connection from the wan (which mean coming out from the lan to the internet than coming back in in the same connection).

I tried both from the same network, aswell as from an outside network (pc of a friend)

33 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

If you are trying from a remote computer on the internet, there's 2 possibility. The port forwarding isn't properly done (screenshot you showed seems to be port opening and not port forwarding) or your ISP is blocking it

Idk I checked a tutorial online now aswell about port forwading for my specific router and it seems like they did exactly the same. Ty anyway for the help. Ill try to keep troubleshooting a bit more regarding my port forwarding (the ports seem to be closed according to a port scan with Nmap)

A port forward is suppose to have internal destination ip, which is your unraid server ip (or docker if it has an ip directly on your network which mean same 3 part address as your unraid server and your computers). Pretty sure this is the problem in the screenshot cause home ip doesn't begin with 212. It should be something like 192.168.y.z or 10.x.y.z.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,
I am also new to the Unraid community.
I have downloaded the docker, exchanged the savegame data and adapted config.json according to my needs.

Yesterday the problem did not occur during a short game with a friend.
However, today we had the problem that when we were both on the server for some time, we both got disconnected.
The entire Unraid server hung up 2 times.
It turned out that a plug-in was not up-to-date.
This was fixed - and the problem still occurred, but the entire Unraid server no longer lifted its feet, only the Docker container.
Finally I kept an eye on temp and utilization.
Cache temp ~ 40 -45 ° (warmest point I can read)
CPU utilization max. 20% (Ryzen 7 7735hs)

Now while I was reading through the Docker forum and creating this post, my friend was on the Enshrouded server the whole time and had no significant problems. There was nothing noticeable in the logs at the time either.

Do you have any ideas?

best drnoox

Enshroud Docker run.txt

Hello,

Enshrouded is highly unoptimized, specially running on non native platform like docker does. There's not much we can do about it unfortunately. 

The fact you had a plugin froze all your unraid before is concerning, never had that. It might be the same case here, something is strange with your unraid.

The log you posted is only the creation log, not the log of the server itself. But you can see through this forum and only that many struggle with enshrouded performance even at low count.