Docker shows "update ready" after updating

Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

I posted in the container support thread and was advised to post it here:

Got notification docker auto updated overnight during regular schedule for this action.

Then received fix common problems notice this morning there was a docker update available, checked docker tab and sure enough said there was.

Manually updated, finished successfully. Still shows update available.

Pulling image: binhex/arch-krusader:latest

IMAGE ID [1269367198]: Pulling from binhex/arch-krusader.
IMAGE ID [ba79b0a00404]: Already exists.
IMAGE ID [014829145dc4]: Already exists.
IMAGE ID [8981650a5ede]: Already exists.
IMAGE ID [3e6f6e9c14bc]: Already exists.
IMAGE ID [21c1cc086e6b]: Already exists.
IMAGE ID [d61b27411559]: Already exists.
IMAGE ID [6bed959144b4]: Already exists.
IMAGE ID [867955bafe2a]: Already exists.
IMAGE ID [af760b31737e]: Already exists.
IMAGE ID [b91d01ffc1e9]: Already exists.
IMAGE ID [b8db4f2655a2]: Pulling fs layer.Downloading 100% of 3 KB.Verifying Checksum.Download complete.Extracting.Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [5f904db18c50]: Pulling fs layer.Downloading 100% of 1 KB.Verifying Checksum.Download complete.Extracting.Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [c6b8e095478d]: Pulling fs layer.Downloading 100% of 684 MB.Verifying Checksum.Download complete.Extracting.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 684 MB

Stopping container: binhex-krusader

Error:

Removing container: binhex-krusader

Successfully removed container: binhex-krusader

Command executiondocker run
  -d
  --name='binhex-krusader'
  --net='bridge'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="America/Chicago"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Tower"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="binhex-krusader"
  -e 'TEMP_FOLDER'='/config/home/.config/krusader/tmp'
  -e 'WEBPAGE_TITLE'='Krusader'
  -e 'VNC_PASSWORD'=''
  -e 'UMASK'='000'
  -e 'PUID'='99'
  -e 'PGID'='100'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:6080]/vnc.html?resize=remote&host=[IP]&port=[PORT:6080]&autoconnect=1'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/krusader-icon.png'
  -p '6080:6080/tcp'
  -v '/mnt/user':'/media':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-krusader'

bf494d6710cd0ba84e94b716483ae787bbb08c3aead77f316918569d68ccf692

The command finished successfully!

Edited by wirenut
Added more info to try ang get some feedback

I also experienced this issue with "binhex-krusader" several times on two different Unraid Servers.  I had noted that it appeared that the "Extracting" and/or "Pull Complete" messages on a larger component fails to complete then the update jumps to the end of the update process over any remaining components.  It is not always the same component where it fails.  I also noted this issue today on my MariaDB Docker update which I ran a second time and it completed successfully.  This feels kinda like a timeout issue or other failure to move to the Extracting or completion phase when updates are occuring.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  I defintiely do not want my MariaDB Docker corrupted due to a failure to complete a Docker Update.

I have similar problem. About 1-2 hours after updating container it usually comes up with notification that update is ready. When I update it again it pulls 0 bytes and recreates container. Its pretty annoying. I'm using Uniraid 6.12.8 and I remember seeing this problem back in 2023.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 4:42 PM, Kilrah said:

Believe the issue's been found and fixed for a future version

Future version of which, docker or unraid? because I have updated to unraid 6.12.9 and the issue persists. As of today, I now have the issue with two containers.

On 3/21/2024 at 4:42 PM, Kilrah said:

happens if you leave the Docker page open for a long time and don't reload it before applying updates.

This is definitely not my issue as I get a notification that auto update has done it thing overnight as scheduled, then get a notification in the morning that an update is available.

log into server, go to docker tab, run update, same issue. So, docker page isn't open for any period of time other than to run the update.

Built in, installed via community apps.

binhex - Krusader and now binhex - preclear. I've also had the same issue with linuxserver - tautulli docker, but that one will correctly finish after trying 2 or 3 times when it happens.

On 4/1/2024 at 8:35 AM, primeval_god said:

Is this a container run via unRAID's built in Dockerman interface or by some other method? 

On 4/1/2024 at 10:18 AM, wirenut said:

Built in, installed via community apps.

binhex - Krusader and now binhex - preclear. I've also had the same issue with linuxserver - tautulli docker, but that one will correctly finish after trying 2 or 3 times when it happens.

If there is any logs or other info I can provide to troubleshoot this let me know.

On 3/13/2024 at 2:54 PM, wirenut said:

Stopping container: binhex-krusader

Error:

This is suspect.  Try manually stopping the container (reload the page and be sure it is really stopped) before doing the update and see if it makes a difference.

Otherwise, I agree with the suggestion to recreate the docker image

1 hour ago, ljm42 said:

This is suspect.  Try manually stopping the container (reload the page and be sure it is really stopped) before doing the update and see if it makes a difference.

Otherwise, I agree with the suggestion to recreate the docker image

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Thank YOU! This was the solution.

Followed the steps in the link, all dockers re-installed properly. This has been frustrating me for for a while now.

• Like 1