Appdata is not a shared folder -- how to reset with default shares

Go to solution Solved by BlackhammerTech,

So I moved my server to a new system.   I wanted to start fresh completely.

I had an open afternoon so I decided to do this at work.  My cubicle neighbor walked over, bumped my cubicle and stepped on my usb stick.  I had to get my license ported over to a new stick.  When I boot it up, folders like appdata, iso, etc are not readable and there are no disk shares.

How can I start fresh and get this back?

Thanks 

This is in your diagnostics from /shares/shareDisks.txt :

appdata                           shareUseCache="no"      # Share does not exist
domains                           shareUseCache="no"      # Share does not exist
isos                              shareUseCache="no"      # Share does not exist
n-s                               shareUseCache="no"      # Share does not exist
system                            shareUseCache="no"      # Share does not exist

This indicates that the shares have not been created on the physical disks.  If they did you would see something like this:

appdata                           shareUseCache="only"    # Share exists on cache

You could access the disks and generate a directory(folder) in the root of a physical drive for each share.   (EDIT:  Make sure you follow the capitalization of all the letters as Linux is case sensitive!)

(This probably happened because you are using the settings/configuration from an old server on completely brand-new hardware.  Most folks when they do this are moving over the data disks which already have these directories on them...)

Edited by Frank1940
3 minutes ago, BlackhammerTech said:

Thanks Frank1940.  I would have thought that a new install would have created these for me.  

It does but yours was not a new install.  The existence and contents of certain files in the /config folder says that that process has already occurred. 

Yes, I foolishly tried out Truenas Scale and found how much more difficult it was compared to unraid.  My Nas shares and Nextcloud worked perfect.   Truenas always had permission errors.  This is my third Unraid install as I increased my drive size and changed physical servers.  I thought that moving the license to a new usb stick would trigger a clean install.  I am just missing it somewhere.  I will do what you said and manually make those if I don't find what I am after.  Thank you for the help.