• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mayhem2408

in latest version of plugin in ffmpeg tgz missing 2 depends

libdc1394

libraw1394

without this - ffmpeg no start, im install this manual, but good if this will be in package ;)

@piotrasd

libdc1394 and libraw1394 are not required on any of my systems or the dozens of other installs I have done with it, and these two librarys where not listed on serviio's ffmpeg compile requirements. If you have them compiled already and working, can you private message me and I'll grab the files from you and add them to the plugin :)

@piotrasd

Don't worry about it. I found them in the repository. They have been added to the latest plugin for you and will be installed automatically when the plugin loads

@mayhem2408

big thanks, i dont know why on my system needs this libs, maybe i dont have some other plugins wich have this libs.

anyway that resolve all problems ... :)

And sorry but something other strange i saw

ffmpeg version 0.8.10, Copyright © 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers

built on Jan 14 2012 08:16:20 with gcc 4.5.2

configuration: --prefix=/usr --shlibdir=/usr/lib --libdir=/usr/lib --build-suffix= --mandir=/usr/man --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-x11grab --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-avfilter --enable-pthreads --enable-bzlib --enable-libcelt --enable-frei0r --enable-libaacplus --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdirac --enable-libfaac --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libvpx --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-memalign-hack --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib --disable-debug --enable-vdpau --arch=i686 --disable-ssse3 --disable-amd3dnowext --disable-mmx2

libavutil    51.  9. 1 / 51.  9. 1

libavcodec  53.  8. 0 / 53.  8. 0

libavformat  53.  5. 0 / 53.  5. 0

libavdevice  53.  1. 1 / 53.  1. 1

libavfilter  2. 23. 0 /  2. 23. 0

libswscale    2.  0. 0 /  2.  0. 0

libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0

Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder

usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'

I dont know, if this someting improve transcoding (or this is option for something else not related with transcoding)

--disable-ssse3 --disable-amd3dnowext --disable-mmx2

but maybe should be enabled ?

Hi there,

New Serviio (on Unraid) user here. I've used it before on a PC and it worked, but not with Unraid.

For some reason this is not working for me. It does not show as a Media Player in my WDTV Live, nor can I see it in Win 7. I have installed it correctly (as far as I know) ... the were no issues. I am installing it on my cache drive. Java is installed and I'm not running Substreamer. The Server console comes up & I can add my movie drives as video sources. The server is Started.

I'm not sure where the log is to pull it for troubleshooting, as I'm sure that would tell us what is going on. That's probably where we should start...

Thanks for any help!

@mayhem2408

big thanks, i dont know why on my system needs this libs, maybe i dont have some other plugins wich have this libs.

anyway that resolve all problems ... :)

And sorry but something other strange i saw

configuration: --prefix=/usr --shlibdir=/usr/lib --libdir=/usr/lib --build-suffix= --mandir=/usr/man --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-x11grab --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-avfilter --enable-pthreads --enable-bzlib --enable-libcelt --enable-frei0r --enable-libaacplus --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdirac --enable-libfaac --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libvpx --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-memalign-hack --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib --disable-debug --enable-vdpau --arch=i686 --disable-ssse3 --disable-amd3dnowext --disable-mmx2

libavutil    51.  9. 1 / 51.  9. 1

libavcodec  53.  8. 0 / 53.  8. 0

libavformat  53.  5. 0 / 53.  5. 0

libavdevice  53.  1. 1 / 53.  1. 1

libavfilter  2. 23. 0 /  2. 23. 0

libswscale    2.  0. 0 /  2.  0. 0

libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0

usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'

I dont know, if this someting improve transcoding (or this is option for something else not related with transcoding)

--disable-ssse3 --disable-amd3dnowext --disable-mmx2

but maybe should be enabled ?

The version of ffmpeg you have is:

The version I install is:

ffmpeg version N-42368-gbf53863 Copyright © 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers

built on Aug  9 2012 23:36:54 with gcc 4.6.1

This is the minimum required version for serviio and is the version I install with my plugin (compiled from the source provided by serviio http://www.serviio.org/download)

You will have some other plugin enabled that is installing an older version of ffmpeg and this is not compatible with serviio.

ffmpeg version N-42368-gbf53863 Copyright © 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers

built on Aug  9 2012 23:36:54 with gcc 4.6.1

configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-version3 --enable-x11grab --enable-libvpx --enable-librtmp --enable-libxvid

libavutil      51. 64.100 / 51. 64.100

libavcodec    54. 33.100 / 54. 33.100

libavformat    54. 15.102 / 54. 15.102

libavdevice    54.  1.100 / 54.  1.100

libavfilter    3.  1.100 /  3.  1.100

libswscale      2.  1.100 /  2.  1.100

libswresample  0. 15.100 /  0. 15.100

libpostproc    52.  0.100 / 52.  0.100

Hi there.

at the first post you've instructed to put the .plg file in /boot/plugins, instead of /boot/config/plugins like all the others.

is it a typo or on purpose ?

sorry, but a bit noob for all the plugins technic.

thanks

@gshlomi

It can go in either. unRAID loads plugins from either location. I prefer to put the plugin files in the /boot/plugins folder and leave to /boot/config/plugins folder use for configuration file. But either will work.

Okay, so I found my logs and it appears (like a lot of other people here) that ffmpeg is not installed. I am running the cache version of the plugin. So I tried to install ffmpeg by telnet'ing into the tower and typing

installpkg /boot/config/plugins/serviio/serviio-ffmpeg-1.2-1jr.tgz

Doing that gives me this:

Tower login: root
Linux 3.0.35-unRAID.
root@Tower:~# installpkg /boot/config/plugins/serviio/serviio-ffmpeg-1.2-1jr.tgz
Verifying package serviio-ffmpeg-1.2-1jr.tgz.
Installing package serviio-ffmpeg-1.2-1jr.tgz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
WARNING:  Package has not been created with 'makepkg'
Package serviio-ffmpeg-1.2-1jr.tgz installed.

... yet it does not appear to be installed anywhere. I've tried rebooting the tower with nothing. I've seen people here referencing installing ffmpeg.sh, but I don't have that. I've also tried to append the code that was suggested by DigitalDrifta but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Okay, so I found my logs and it appears (like a lot of other people here) that ffmpeg is not installed. I am running the cache version of the plugin. So I tried to install ffmpeg by telnet'ing into the tower and typing

installpkg /boot/config/plugins/serviio/serviio-ffmpeg-1.2-1jr.tgz

Doing that gives me this:

Tower login: root
Linux 3.0.35-unRAID.
root@Tower:~# installpkg /boot/config/plugins/serviio/serviio-ffmpeg-1.2-1jr.tgz
Verifying package serviio-ffmpeg-1.2-1jr.tgz.
Installing package serviio-ffmpeg-1.2-1jr.tgz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
WARNING:  Package has not been created with 'makepkg'
Package serviio-ffmpeg-1.2-1jr.tgz installed.

... yet it does not appear to be installed anywhere. I've tried rebooting the tower with nothing. I've seen people here referencing installing ffmpeg.sh, but I don't have that. I've also tried to append the code that was suggested by DigitalDrifta but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

The ffmpeg tgz i created is not a slakeware package , just a compressed bunch of files.

My setup script unpacks it using the tar app.

Since the latest package version (January 29) transcoding doesn't work and new videos are not showing up. Not sure if it has something to do with the update of unraid or this package. Any ideas how can I fix that?

I previously had package version January 15 and it was working well

Thanks for your hard work.

Since the latest package version (January 29) transcoding doesn't work and new videos are not showing up. Not sure if it has something to do with the update of unraid or this package. Any ideas how can I fix that?

Are tou running version 1.1-5. If so, i'll look into it and post a fix later today.

Are tou running version 1.1-5. If so, i'll look into it and post a fix later today.

Yes I am. I installed over your first 1.1 plugin. After that I installed the modified package of subsonic you did. To have subsonic working fine, I had to change the permissions of some files has suggested here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21356.msg219768#msg219768

Yes I am. I installed over your first 1.1 plugin. After that I installed the modified package of subsonic you did. To have subsonic working fine, I had to change the permissions of some files has suggested here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21356.msg219768#msg219768

Thanks Stoned99

I have just rebooted by unRaid server and found a problem. not sure why yet, but the ffsetup.sh script did not run. I ran it manually and it worked, so I need to look into this some more. Give me a few hours and I'll post an update.

Thanks Stoned99

I have just rebooted by unRaid server and found a problem. not sure why yet, but the ffsetup.sh script did not run. I ran it manually and it worked, so I need to look into this some more. Give me a few hours and I'll post an update.

OK. I've found a possible cause to the ffmpeg problem, but I need to rework the plugin a bit to fix it. It appears the plugin is being installed before the cache drive it mounted. Because the unpack script can't find the files, it does not run correctly. This is why when I manually start the plugin with installplg, it works correctly. I'm reworking it now and will hopefully have a fix in a few hours. This problem is only affecting the cache version, the flash version works fine.

UPDATE: 2013-02-04 1.1-7jr - Relocated the unpack script to rc.serviio which is only executed once the array comes on line. Should solve the ffmpeg issue once and for all.

Great! Just installed and it's perfect. It fixed my cover not being downloaded, as well as discovered my last added movies. Thanks Mayhem for this new package version.

UPDATE: 2013-02-05 1.1-8jr - Modified ffmpeg installer so it will run smoother with the modified subsonic plugin.

Also updated the modified Subsonic plugin to use the serviio ffmpeg

I has come across a problems occasionally that I could figure out. Sometime Subsonic would transcode, other times it would not. It turns out the if the subsonic plugin loaded before serviio, the ffmpeg files did not work with subsonic. But if Serviio was installed first, subsonic was fine. So I have added the ffmpeg install routine used in the Serviio plugin into the Subsonic plugin. That why it does not matter in which order unRAID installed the plugins. They will both work.

Thanks Mayhem for this new version. Will try it out when I get back from work.

I'm wondering if that will fix some issues when having with some files, I'm not sure if I previously had this problem or not because some mkv files with H264 won't play on my PS3 even though I set the profile to Playstation 3. They play just fine using Serviigo on Android devices because MX Player is transcoding it but don't work on the PS3. I have seen on the Serviio forum that adding a PS3 custom profile it could fix that issue. I added the profile but didn't have a chance to either restart my Unraid server or the Serviio service. I'm wondering if adding a button to stop or start the Serviio service near the done button you added would be a good idea.

Like someone said: Thanks for continuing to maintain this plugin :)

Well I tried the newest version and ffmpeg is still not installing. My log repeats this over and over:

2013-02-05 11:21:58,918 WARN  [ProcessExecutor] Cannot retrieve results, output reader is null
2013-02-05 11:21:58,919 ERROR [ProcessExecutor] Fatal error in process starting: Cannot run program "ffmpeg": error=2, No such file or directory

DigitalDrifta posted this:

You need to go to /boot/config/plugins/serviio/ffmpeg and run ffsetup.sh

So I went to that location but there is no ffsetup.sh to run.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance. :)

Capture.PNG.f9e93fd3f7855c9370b475b5dd1e6bfc.PNG