Serviio Media Server V1.4 Plugin for unRAID V5.0

I get this error with the new plugin:

file /boot/config/plugins/serviio/serviio-webui-1.0.1-c_for_1.2.1.tgz: downloading from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73389880/serviio-files/serviio-webui-1.0.1-c_for_1.2.1.tgz ... ERROR: cannot verify dl.dropboxusercontent.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert High Assurance CA-3':                                                       
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.                                                                            
To connect to dl.dropboxusercontent.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

I'm looking into it for you, but so far haven't been able to reproduce it on my 3 test systems.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have finished testing and have a working method of installing the upgrade without having to reboot the server. However it will return either direct access to the unRaid console or telnet access.

Information on accessing the unRaid TTY console can be found on the unRaid wiki pages.

Once at the TTY prompt, first shutdown Serviio by typing

/etc/rc.d/rc.serviio stop

then install the new plugin by typing

installplg /boot/plugins/serviio-1.2.1-1jr-cache.plg

for the cache version or

installplg /boot/plugins/serviio-1.2.1-1jr-flash.plg

for the flash version

Now restart the Serviio plugin by typing

/etc/rc.d/rc.serviio start

That's it. Let me know if anyone is having problems.

Is there anything special I need to do after installing the plugin and rebooting to get Serviio working? The status page says "Serviio is running", but the console doesn't seem to be running on port 8123.

I seem to be having the same problem.  Running the latest unRAID 5.0-rc12a

Is there a way to get Serviio and SimpleFeatures iTunes server running together on the same unRAID box?

I have both installed, and both look like they are running but Serviio is not finding any new files since the iTunes server was installed.

I believe this is to do with a ffmpeg clash.

I get this error with the new plugin:

file /boot/config/plugins/serviio/serviio-webui-1.0.1-c_for_1.2.1.tgz: downloading from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73389880/serviio-files/serviio-webui-1.0.1-c_for_1.2.1.tgz ... ERROR: cannot verify dl.dropboxusercontent.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert High Assurance CA-3':                                                       
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.                                                                            
To connect to dl.dropboxusercontent.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

I'm looking into it for you, but so far haven't been able to reproduce it on my 3 test systems.

I had this error as well when installing. I ended up running the installation manually as previously described

installplg /boot/plugins/serviio-1.2.1-1jr-flash.plg

multiple times until I finally got a success. Each time it would move onto the next download, complete that, then fail. Run again for all items.

Is there a way to get Serviio and SimpleFeatures iTunes server running together on the same unRAID box?

I have both installed, and both look like they are running but Serviio is not finding any new files since the iTunes server was installed.

I believe this is to do with a ffmpeg clash.

I've never used iTunes server. If it is a DLNA server, it can not run on the same server as Serviio. It's it's just an ffmpeg issue, it can be fixed. I'll look into it.

It's just an FFMPEG issue AFAIK.  iTunes server is not DLNA it is DAAP - I think this solution below disables the iTunes server.

I had issues with ffmpeg failing using the latest serviio-1.2-1jr-flash.plg.  It turned out this was because simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg had installed a separate ffmpeg package (ffmpeg-0.10.6-i486-1gds.txz) into /boot/packages.  This separate package overrides Serviio's ffmpeg package (ffmpeglibs-1.1-i486-1jr.txz).

Symptoms of the problem included not being able to run ffmpeg from the command line.

I solved this by uninstalling both ffmpeg packages:

removepkg ffmpeg

removepkg ffmpeglibs

Renaming SimpleFeature's iTunes:

mv simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg.bak

And then reinstalling Serviio:

installplg serviio-1.2-1jr-flash.plg

Is there anything special I need to do after installing the plugin and rebooting to get Serviio working? The status page says "Serviio is running", but the console doesn't seem to be running on port 8123.

Does anybody know why this would be happening? I have done a fresh UnRAID install and only have serviio installed onto flash using the plg file and I am still getting this problem too.

I am now. I only installed it in a desperate hope to get this working.

What I am worried about is a lot of people here have upgraded from previous versions, etc. I have been running unRAID for a while but only recently upgraded to v5.0 (rc12a) from 4.7. All other plugs (unmenu, ps3 media server, etc) that I had have been removed as have their packages.

Are there any specific packages / settings that I need to ensure I have? i.e. Should I install previous versions as the majority of you seem to have done?

OK, got the console running!!

use this in unRAID console:

/boot/config/plugins/serviio/serviio-1.2.1/bin/serviio-webui.sh

And then try to access console again.

EDIT: well, maybe not. Rebooted and can't start server. Everytime I try to start it, I get and error saying it can't find the serviio-wrapper.sh. Can't find that file anywhere, not even in internet.

EDIT: after all, it was the array that was down. Console open, has a few buttons, but nothing happens...

GOT IT!!! Who wants to know? :)

The WebUI is like from a 3rd party developer. The wrapper file that's missing is on his page, here:

http://kairoh.bitbucket.org/serviio-webui/

So you just have to download the unix version, unrar the files to their correct location, and in console go to the folder where you unrar'ed the files and type

serviio-wrapper.sh

And that's it, you can now enter the console. :)

My Transcoding menu in console doesn't show anything, and I can't see my movie files in the server. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for the previous posts. I had tried manually running bash scripts before and was able to get the console up but it was just the buttons at the top. All of the settings still weren't visible. I will try your steps tonight however and see where I get to.

My Transcoding menu in console doesn't show anything, and I can't see my movie files in the server. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for the previous posts. I had tried manually running bash scripts before and was able to get the console up but it was just the buttons at the top. All of the settings still weren't visible. I will try your steps tonight however and see where I get to.

I did it last night, was able to put it up and running, everythint working ok. Except the Transcoding menu... Had to access it with the Console app for Windows, witch took some time to configure correctly...

When you run the serviio-wrapper.sh, or start the serviio manually, appears 2 errors, but I think that's related to the transcoding menu.

I think the transcoding menu and files not showing up could be due to the ffmpeg issue if you have installed the SimpleFeature iTunes server also...serviio uses ffmpeg to scan for files so if that is not installed correctly the scan won't work and it won't serve out anything.

I think the transcoding menu and files not showing up could be due to the ffmpeg issue if you have installed the SimpleFeature iTunes server also...serviio uses ffmpeg to scan for files so if that is not installed correctly the scan won't work and it won't serve out anything.

I think it's really a WebUI problem. I could access the transcoding menu but only from the windows console, and could change whatever I wanted. No problem also in scanning for movies nor streaming them to my PC, android, etc... And I don't have Simple Features installed.

GOT IT!!! Who wants to know? :)

The WebUI is like from a 3rd party developer. The wrapper file that's missing is on his page, here:

http://kairoh.bitbucket.org/serviio-webui/

So you just have to download the unix version, unrar the files to their correct location, and in console go to the folder where you unrar'ed the files and type

serviio-wrapper.sh

And that's it, you can now enter the console. :)

First off, I finally got around to fixing this on my server. Thank you so much. This has sorted my problem.

I think it's really a WebUI problem. I could access the transcoding menu but only from the windows console, and could change whatever I wanted. No problem also in scanning for movies nor streaming them to my PC, android, etc... And I don't have Simple Features installed.

Forgot to add, I am also having this problem. Can access it via the windows client but can't see anything in the web console.

I do not have the SimpleFeatures iTunes server installed. The only application to have installed ffmpeg is the serviio package.

As far as the transcoding page not displaying, it was stated several posts ago in this thread that it is a bug and once the developer issues a fix the plugin will be updated.

Thank you. I have since found it. There were so many posts I lost track of the detail...

I don't think I thanked anybody for the development and the inital post by Mayhem. So thank you!