Serviio Media Server V1.4 Plugin for unRAID V5.0

That's awesome! What a fast update!

Thanks, will give it a try

Edit: Installed it. Plugin seems to work great. Serviio versions in settings says version 1.2 but the Serviio console/about says version 1.1 and saying an update is available. Maybe I had to delete some folders\packages first?

Edit 2: nevermind I had to reboot the server. It's now showing 1.2. I guess only running the command wasn't installing 1.2 completely. Probably services still running.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome! What a fast update!

Thanks, will give it a try

Edit: Installed it. Plugin seems to work great. Serviio versions in settings says version 1.2 but the Serviio console/about says version 1.1 and saying an update is available. Maybe I had to delete some folders\packages first?

Edit 2: nevermind I had to reboot the server. It's now showing 1.2. I guess only running the command wasn't installing 1.2 completely. Probably services still running.

Opps. Sorry. Maybe I was a little to fast. Just uploaded the fixed plugin. Please download it again :)

I have found a bug when upgrading from an older version to the newer one. If you manually run installplg to install the plugin, it may not work correctly if serviio is currently running.

At the moment, to get around this, remove the old Serviio plugin file and reboot the unRaid server. You will then be able to manually run the new Serviio plugin file. Alternatively, just replace the old Serviio plugin file with the new and reboot the server.

I plan to address this in the next version of the plugin, but probably will not be for another week or so.

Installed the new plugin, rebooted, everything installed fine, however, in the console when I try to open the transcoding tab, it's just a blank page.  Anyone else experience this?

I have the same problem. I can access it from the android app though but can't from the console

Installed the new plugin, rebooted, everything installed fine, however, in the console when I try to open the transcoding tab, it's just a blank page.  Anyone else experience this?

I have the same problem. I can access it from the android app though but can't from the console

I too had the same problem.  This is my first install and I'm also having problems with ffmpeg which is not installing (figured out via the forums that if ffmpeg doesn't install, your videos won't show up as ffmpeg is required to scan the files).  I tried installing ffmpeg manually using the updatepkg function but it says it is already installed yet when I go to the /config/plugins/serviio directories ffmpeg just isn't present  I also tried installing AirVideoServer since it installs ffmpeg but that didn't seem to work either.  I checked all directories on my flash drive with no signs of ffmpeg other than the ffmpeglibs-1.1-i486-1jr.txz in the /boot/packages directory.

I too had the same problem.  This is my first install and I'm also having problems with ffmpeg which is not installing (figured out via the forums that if ffmpeg doesn't install, your videos won't show up as ffmpeg is required to scan the files).  I tried installing ffmpeg manually using the updatepkg function but it says it is already installed yet when I go to the /config/plugins/serviio directories ffmpeg just isn't present  I also tried installing AirVideoServer since it installs ffmpeg but that didn't seem to work either.  I checked all directories on my flash drive with no signs of ffmpeg other than the ffmpeglibs-1.1-i486-1jr.txz in the /boot/packages directory.

Did you run the ffsetup.sh script in the serviio/ffmpeg directory? 

Perhaps that is part of the problem.  There isn't an serviio/ffmpeg directory nor any presence of the ffsetup.sh script that was created by the install.

Just started playing with this plug in and must stay is working great so far, only steamed the kids audio books but worked without any problems.

I was going to have a go at streaming some videos but before I did I thought I would check the transcoding settings but I'm unable to in the console I'm confronted with a blank page when I click the relevant tab, the only way I can access them settings is by using the serviiodroid app.

Is this a error with the plug in or intentional?

The ffmpeg package will be on your flash drive, but when installed will put ffmpeg into you /usr/bin directory on the unraid server.

The ffsetup.sh script is no longer used as ffmpeglibs is its own installable slackware package. to install ffmpeglibs, type

upgradepkg --install-new /boot/packages/ffmpeglibs-1.1-i486-1jr.pkg

you can delete the ffmpeg directory from the config folder as it is no longer needed by the serviio plugin.

Same issue here.  Per an earlier post, you have to use the apps (I used the android app) to access the transcoding settings.

There are some issues with the 1.01 webgui when it comes to Serviio 1.1 and 1.2 support. The Developer of the webgui will be updating it, but until then, not all of the features may work as expected. As soon as the webgui is updated, I will update the plugin to support it.

The ffsetup.sh script is no longer used as ffmpeglibs is its own installable slackware package. to install ffmpeglibs, type

you can delete the ffmpeg directory from the config folder as it is no longer needed by the serviio plugin.

This too is my first installation.  It says ffmpeglibs is already installed.  So, my transcoding page is still blank.  What am I doing wrong?

I just download the cache version of the plug in and it appears that everything got installed on my flash drive.  My cache drive is empty.  Whats the best way to move it from the flash to the cache?

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins/serviio# ls -l

total 16616

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root    6653 2013-03-10 21:41 consolewebgui.png*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16435375 2013-03-10 21:40 serviio-1.2-linux.tar.gz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root      16 2013-03-10 21:44 serviio-version.cfg*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  304410 2013-03-10 21:40 serviio-webui-1.0.1-c_for_1.2.tgz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root      58 2013-03-10 21:44 serviio-webui.cfg*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root    4329 2013-03-10 21:40 serviio.png*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  210315 2013-03-10 21:41 serviio_plugins_1.2.tgz*

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root    14756 2013-03-10 21:41 serviiomediabrowser.png*

This too is my first installation.  It says ffmpeglibs is already installed.  So, my transcoding page is still blank.  What am I doing wrong?

There are some issues with the 1.01 webgui when it comes to Serviio 1.1 and 1.2 support. The Developer of the webgui will be updating it, but until then, not all of the features may work as expected. As soon as the webgui is updated, I will update the plugin to support it.

Try one of the smartphone/tablet apps

I just download the cache version of the plug in and it appears that everything got installed on my flash drive.  My cache drive is empty.  Whats the best way to move it from the flash to the cache?

total 16616

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  304410 2013-03-10 21:40 serviio-webui-1.0.1-c_for_1.2.tgz*

I reinstalled the plugin yesterday to update to the new ffmpeg install method and serviio 1.2. Using the cache plugin Serviio was installed to my cache drive. Try deleting your serviio folder and the .plg file then start again  ;)

The files you have listed there are files used to install the plugin, not the installation itself. The cache version of the plugin will extract the above listed files into the /mnt/cache/.app/serviio directory. The flash version will extract to /boot/config/plugins/serviio

total 16616

The files you have listed here are the files used to install the plugin. The installation itself will be in the /mnt/cache/.apps/serviio directory

The files you have listed there are files used to install the plugin, not the installation itself. The cache version of the plugin will extract the above listed files into the /mnt/cache/.app/serviio directory. The flash version will extract to /boot/config/plugins/serviio

total 16616

The files you have listed here are the files used to install the plugin. The installation itself will be in the /mnt/cache/.apps/serviio directory

Thanks.  When I checked the cache drive, it appeared to be empty.  I did not check for a hidden directory.  Sure enough, there it was after I re-installed it.

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.apps/serviio/serviio-1.2# ls

LICENCE.txt  RELEASE_NOTES.txt        bin/    lib/      plugins/

NOTICE.txt  WebUI-README.txt        config/  library/

README.txt  WebUI-RELEASE_NOTES.txt  legal/  log/

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.apps/serviio/serviio-1.2#

Since I have not purchased a license, I am assuming this plugin will be restricted after the 15 day evaluation period and revert back to the free edition.  What features will I loose? 

What's the process to install a serviio license?

Has anyone gotten the serviio Windows/Mac OSX client to work?

Thanks again!

I did some research and answered my own questions.  Thanks!

I had issues with ffmpeg failing using the latest serviio-1.2-1jr-flash.plg.  It turned out this was because simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg had installed a separate ffmpeg package (ffmpeg-0.10.6-i486-1gds.txz) into /boot/packages.  This separate package overrides Serviio's ffmpeg package (ffmpeglibs-1.1-i486-1jr.txz).

Symptoms of the problem included not being able to run ffmpeg from the command line.

I solved this by uninstalling both ffmpeg packages:

removepkg ffmpeg

removepkg ffmpeglibs

Renaming SimpleFeature's iTunes:

mv simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg.bak

And then reinstalling Serviio:

installplg serviio-1.2-1jr-flash.plg

UPDATE: Plugin for Serviio V1.2.1

The best way to install this plugin if upgrading from an older version is to replace the old plg file with the new one and reboot the unraid server. The plugin can not perform the upgrade while serviio is running. Until such time as I can write some checks and shutdown code into the plugin, just overwrite the old and restart. This will upgrade the existing installation before unraid mounts the array and starts the plugins.

I get this error with the new plugin:

file /boot/config/plugins/serviio/serviio-webui-1.0.1-c_for_1.2.1.tgz: downloading from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73389880/serviio-files/serviio-webui-1.0.1-c_for_1.2.1.tgz ... ERROR: cannot verify dl.dropboxusercontent.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert High Assurance CA-3':                                                       
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.                                                                            
To connect to dl.dropboxusercontent.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

Since a few weeks, it seems I don't have ffmpeg installed. At least I can't find it. I wanted to run it manually from /boot/config/plugins/serviio/ffmpeg/ffsetup.sh but couldn't find. Not sure if it's because of my Subsonic installed. I used to be able to have them both installed. Maybe it's somewhere else and it's just my upgrade from Unraid RC 11 to 12a that broke it. From what I read setting permissions wasn't necessary when upgrading from 11 to 12a. Maybe, I'll try to reinstall Serviio from scratch :S

edit: I'm also using Plex. Maybe there's a conflict between Plex and Subsonic?

edit2: I removed old plg and serviio folder, rebooted, put the new plg in the plugin folder but install didn't complete. In fact I have the serviio entry in settings, but from there, I get Serviio is not installed. Running it the install manually didn't work as well :(

edit 3: Deleting all associated packages seems to have worked for the install to work. Thanks a lot for this plugin :)