Serviio Media Server V1.4 Plugin for unRAID V5.0

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I'm having the hardest time with this plugin.  The one prior to v1.0 worked fine but the 1.0+ ones are a bear.  I've tried both the cache and flash versions with the same results.  FFMPEG issues can be gotten around with the mod posted or if I start it manually, but they don't persist.

Then if I do get it running I see (via serviio logs) Serviio scan all the files in the Video dirs, but the files never show up on my Directv DVRS nor via DLNA clients on my PCs. 

I'm ready to give up on the 1.0+ Serviios and go back to the old version that worked... has anyone made some real headway with this?

Also for some reason it's not auto installing ffmpeg on reboot....I think it's something to do with this piece of code:

cd $serviio_dir/ffmpeg
sed -i 's!DIRNAME='"`cat ffsetup.sh | grep '^DIRNAME=' | cut -d'=' -f2`"'!DIRNAME='$serviio_dir'/ffmpeg!' ffsetup.sh
source ffsetup.sh
fi

But I have no idea how these plugins work and my linux is not strong but I've managed to create a temporary band aid. If you running the flash version here is a quick fix, just edit the serviio plg and add my code AFTER this section:

rm -f /tmp/serviio-unpack.sh
]]>
</INLINE>
</FILE>

This is what you paste:

<!-- Running the ffmpeg install - Temp Hack by DigitalDrifta -->
<FILE Name="/boot/config/plugins/serviio/ffmpeg/ffsetup.sh" Run="/bin/bash" Mode="0770">
<INLINE>
<![CDATA[
#!/bin/bash
/boot/config/plugins/serviio/ffmpeg/ffsetup.sh
]]>
</INLINE>
</FILE>

This will ensure ffmpeg is installed for serviio. If ffmpeg is not installed it can't process new videos on your NAS and won't display them in your library.

Cheers!

Nice.

But I have the cache version.

SoI tried to edit the PLG file with this piece of code :

<!-- Running the ffmpeg install - Temp Hack by DigitalDrifta -->
<FILE Name="/mnt/cache/.apps/serviio/ffmpeg/ffsetup.sh" Run="/bin/bash" Mode="0770">
<INLINE>
<![CDATA[
#!/bin/bash
/mnt/cache/.apps/serviio/ffmpeg/ffsetup.sh
]]>
</INLINE>
</FILE>

(I pasted the code after the section you refered to.)

But then unraid is stuck at reboot, it seems to have a problem.

Maybe I'm missing something.

I'll try to upload my syslog file tonight.

mayhem2408 should reupload the fixed plugin files...

i'm having some trouble starting serviio after a reboot.

I always get the following error:

etc/rc.d/rc.serviio: line 47: /mnt/cache/.apps/serviio/serviio-1.0/bin/serviio-wrapper.sh: Permission denied

I tried adding chmod +x /mnt/cache/.apps/serviio/serviio-1.0/bin/serviio-wrapper.sh to the beginning of my GO script but is does not seem to help.

If i do the chmod manually i can then start serviio by command line and everything works fine.

Any suggestions?

I'm also having issues stopping the array, serviio seems to be the cause of this.

I get a lot of open files on my cache drive regarding the serviio process.

Shouldn't serviio be stopped when stopping the array?

• 4 weeks later...

I need some help with Serviio. I have just upgraded to V5 RC8a and installed Serviio as a DLNA server for my Samsung D8000 TV. I had it all running fine and left the house for about an hour, on my return serviio is no longer visible as a server anywhere on the net. I had it running on a PC, 2 x WD live boxes and the TV. Nothing I did would get it working. I have been trying things for two days now without success. I now notice that the console doesn't report any renderer profiles, it just has ? or nothing. On the clients that show a blank box, serviio will work after a fashion but it soon resets to a ? after which serviio is no longer visible. A change of ip address on the client will get it working for a little while with nothing in the profile box.

Ive truncated the log to get rid of library additions

Serviio1.png.739809e8224d4556dcfb09e92f334e7a.png

serviio.log.txt

Never mind I have solved it. I found a little post on the Serviio forum that suggested installing the windows console and gave instructions on pointing it to the Unraid server. This console gave more info and I found that several ip's on the network were crossed out. Ive no idea what crossed out means or how they got that way but I could delete them and when the net was refreshed it all connected fine.

To use the Win console with an Unraid server add the following line to the

**Program Files|Serviio|bin|ServiioConsole.exe.vmoptions** file

-Dserviio.remoteHost=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The x's are your unraid box ip

Hope this may help someone.

• 2 weeks later...

/etc/rc.d/rc.serviio stops working properly by failing determine proper PID of serviio related processes after CrashPlan plug-in is installed. Following patch fixes the problem:

--- serviio-1.0.1-5jr-cache.plg.orig    2012-11-23 19:11:50.000000000 -0500

+++ serviio-1.0.1-5jr-cache.plg 2012-11-23 19:49:13.000000000 -0500

@@ -430,8 +430,8 @@

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/java

fi

-  serviio_pid=`ps -o pid -C serviio-wrapper.sh --no-header | cut -c1,2,3,4,5`

-  java_pid=`ps -o pid,cmd -C java --no-header | grep "[(?i)serviio*]" | cut -c1,2,3,4,5`

+  serviio_pid=`ps -o pid -C serviio-wrapper.sh --no-header | awk '{print $1}'`

+  java_pid=`ps -o pid,cmd -C java --no-header | grep "serviio" | awk '{print $1}'`

if [ -n $serviio_pid ]; then

if [ -n $java_pid ]; then

@@ -462,8 +462,8 @@

}

updatepids() {

-  java_pid=`ps -o pid,cmd -C java --no-header | grep "[(?i)serviio*]" | cut -c1,2,3,4,5`

+  java_pid=`ps -o pid,cmd -C java --no-header | grep "serviio" | awk '{print $1}'`

echo ${serviio_pid} > ${lockfile}

echo ${java_pid} > ${lockfilejava}

@@ -471,8 +471,8 @@

# Stop the service serviio

stop() {

if [ -n ${serviio_pid} ]; then

kill ${serviio_pid}

fi

@@ -550,8 +550,8 @@

lockfile="/var/run/serviio.pid"

lockfilejava="/var/run/serviiojava.pid"

-serviio_pid=`ps -o pid -C serviio-wrapper.sh --no-header | cut -c1,2,3,4,5`

-java_pid=`ps -o pid,cmd -C java --no-header | grep "[(?i)serviio*]" | cut -c1,2,3,4,5`

+serviio_pid=`ps -o pid -C serviio-wrapper.sh --no-header | awk '{print $1}'`

+java_pid=`ps -o pid,cmd -C java --no-header | grep "serviio" | awk '{print $1}'`

if [ -n $serviio_pid ]; then

if [ -n $java_pid ]; then

@@ -594,8 +594,8 @@

lockfile="/var/run/serviio.pid"

lockfilejava="/var/run/serviiojava.pid"

-serviio_pid=`ps -o pid -C serviio-wrapper.sh --no-header | cut -c1,2,3,4,5`

-java_pid=`ps -o pid,cmd -C java --no-header | grep "[(?i)serviio*]" | cut -c1,2,3,4,5`

+serviio_pid=`ps -o pid -C serviio-wrapper.sh --no-header | awk '{print $1}'`

+java_pid=`ps -o pid,cmd -C java --no-header | grep "serviio" | awk '{print $1}'`

if [ -n ${serviio_pid} ]; then

kill ${serviio_pid}

rm "${lockfile}"

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this thread trying to figure out why my install wasn't working.  ffmpeg was not found but serviio was running.

Also for some reason it's not auto installing ffmpeg on reboot....I think it's something to do with this piece of code:

cd $serviio_dir/ffmpeg
sed -i 's!DIRNAME='"`cat ffsetup.sh | grep '^DIRNAME=' | cut -d'=' -f2`"'!DIRNAME='$serviio_dir'/ffmpeg!' ffsetup.sh
source ffsetup.sh
fi

It looks like there is a quote out of place in this.  I think that perhaps it should be:

sed -i 's!DIRNAME='"`cat ffsetup.sh | grep '^DIRNAME=' | cut -d'=' -f2`"'!DIRNAME='$serviio_dir/ffmpeg'!' ffsetup.sh

Can anyone confirm?

Hi, having some issues with serviio playing .mkv files. I can fast forward through a 720p .mp4 file without any issues but as soon as I try and watch any form of .mkv encased file (well not as soon, but about 2 m get a network error and am unable to access the file/server.

I have also noticed that periodically it seems the service just goes down. This includes trying to access Serviio through the web GUI.

Has anyone else encountered anyhting like this and if so does anyone know of a fix?

• 3 weeks later...

I am running the serviio-1.0.1-5jr-cache.plg plugin.

Like others, I had numerous ffmpeg errors.  I think that the issue is that the ffmpeg install is running before the array is available.  Since the array is available, the cache directory doesn't exist, and therefore ffmpeg doesn't work.  I got around this by adding this to the end of my go script:

sleep 30
/mnt/cache/.apps/serviio/ffmpeg/ffsetup.sh

I now notice another (related) problem.  When I bring my array off line, many system binaries fail to work.  This is because the ffsetup script creates links for shared library files to files in the ffmpeg directory.  That directory becomes unavailable when the array is taken offline.  Not sure if mayhem is still monitoring this thread, but would appreciate any feedback on how to avoid this problem.

Thanks a lot Mayhem. Can't wait to try the new version you just posted.

Installation worked great. The only thing is the console doesn't seem different than the one I had previously and some tabs aren't accessible like the Tanscoding tab. I'll try the Windows console.

Thanks for your hard work

edit: nevermind the console part, I guess it's only Chrome cache. The console looks different and IE and looks better. I also like the Windows console

edit2: Did a F12, right click on the refresh and did a Empty cache and hard reload

Thanks again Mayhem

Could you explain why you reverted to the older JRE?  I'm using a newer JRE that's part of a different plugin, and would like to settle on a single version if possible.

The Java version i am using is version 6 because version 7 was making Serviio very unstable. I'll give version 7 another try with serviio version 1.1 and see if it is stable.

Since updating the plugin to 1.1 i get the following error while trying to open the web gui:

Internal Server Error

Can't find bundle for base name www.i18n.messages, locale en_US

You can get technical details here.
Please continue your visit at our home page. 

Tried clearing browser cache, no change.

It's just the gui that stopped working, server is fine and can be configured with the console app on my win. pc.

Hi, having some issues with serviio playing .mkv files. I can fast forward through a 720p .mp4 file without any issues but as soon as I try and watch any form of .mkv encased file (well not as soon, but about 2 m get a network error and am unable to access the file/server.

It is possible that the MKV files do not contain the meta data required for some TVs to seek. If you are using mkvmerge, you may need to add the command line --clusters-in-meta-seek.

I have also noticed that periodically it seems the service just goes down. This includes trying to access Serviio through the web GUI.

Has anyone else encountered anyhting like this and if so does anyone know of a fix?

The only time i've seen this happen is if serviio has to transcode the file for your TV and it is running out of disk space or memory. I think by default, serviio transcodes into the /tmp folder which is in memory. Try changing the temp folder to the cache drive or if you have a large USB flash boot drive, you could use your USB instead.

Since updating the plugin to 1.1 i get the following error while trying to open the web gui:

Internal Server Error

It's just the gui that stopped working, server is fine and can be configured with the console app on my win. pc.

I'll contact the webGUI developer about this one. I have never seen that fault and can't make sence of it.

Internal Server Error

I'll contact the webGUI developer about this one. I have never seen that fault and can't make sence of it.

Having updated to the latest version my problem is solved. Don't know what happened but it solved itself apparently :)

@mayhem2408

in latest version of plugin in ffmpeg tgz missing 2 depends

libdc1394

libraw1394

without this - ffmpeg no start, im install this manual, but good if this will be in package ;)

@piotrasd

libdc1394 and libraw1394 are not required on any of my systems or the dozens of other installs I have done with it, and these two librarys where not listed on serviio's ffmpeg compile requirements. If you have them compiled already and working, can you private message me and I'll grab the files from you and add them to the plugin :)