unRAID with SABnzbd

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think if you configure couchpotato to move the files into the array when it is finished downloading the array will always be active. I also had a problem with CP writing to the USB drive all the time causing it to become corrupt.

Can you elaborate on this "backup server" ?

I am not sure about CP I use it but dont have it do any post prossing with it, but sounds like that could have been a problem. About the back up server, I have two accounts a monthly with giganews and a 150 gb limit account with astraweb. I tell SABnzb to use astraweb account as a backup so if it has any problems with a part it will look there to download it.

actionfreak there is a setting in Sick that deletes those folders from the download directory after its done moving the files to the destination directory.

also in SAB you need to have it set to SAB to Sick post processing if you want Sick to do that portion instead of manually doing the post processing.

this link: http://www.ainer.org/?p=429

this portion

Post-Processing

Setting up post processing will enable a seamless, automatic integration of Sick Beard and SABnzbd+. To begin, load up SABnzbd+ and go to the Folder Config page. Find the Post-Processing Scripts Folder: and put in the following (replacing USER with your Ubuntu/Linux Mint user/login name).

/home/USER/.sickbeard/autoProcessTV

Hit the Save Changes button and then go to the Sorting page. We’ll need to disable TV Sorting under SABnzbd+ so that Sick Beard can take over that role. Also make sure you don’t have any other sort options enabled and applied to the tv category. Don’t forget to hit the small save button at the right of the tv category.

Now, go to the Categories Config page and change the Script for the tv category from Default to sabToSickBeard.py. Also make sure your Folder/Path is set to TV as Sick Beard will be handling all sorting and renaming from here on out (so don’t use a custom path here).

Now, we need to browse to the .sickbeard installation folder in our Home directory. Open up the File Browser by going to Places and clicking on Home. Toward the top of the window there should be an address for your current location or a box with your Ubuntu or Linux Mint user name.

If it’s the box click on the pencil button that’s to the left. This will change the box into an address field. In the address field type the folder name .sickbeard at the end and hit enter. The address field should look like this (using ainer for the username):

/home/ainer/.sickbeard

Now open up the autoProcessTV folder and find the autoProcessTV.cfg.sample file. Rename this to autoProcessTV.cfg (no .sample). Double click on the renamed file to open it in a text editor.

You should have a file that looks like this:

[sickBeard]

host=localhost

port=8081

username=

password=

If you’ve followed the Configuration section above without changing anything you wont need to adjust anything here. If not, adjust as necessary, save and close.

And that’s it, easy peasy.

-=Jason=-

I switched from NewsHosting to  Astraweb and my failed downloads from from a 50% rate to 2% failure rate. I really think it depends on what hosting company your using.

newshosting @$15 a moth and 7 out of 15 failures  vs Astraweb @$11 a month and 16 out of 17 complete with the 1 failed able to be repaired with quickpar

-=Jason=-

I switched from NewsHosting to  Astraweb and my failed downloads from from a 50% rate to 2% failure rate. I really think it depends on what hosting company your using.

newshosting @$15 a moth and 7 out of 15 failures  vs Astraweb @$11 a month and 16 out of 17 complete with the 1 failed able to be repaired with quickpar

-=Jason=-

But is it repairing files or does it just need to less?  I did have one nzb in the last week that was not repairable.  Sabnzbd verified the download and found that it was not repairable.  It looks like it verifies the files but if it finds out that it is repairable it just gives up instead of attempting it.

@Jetshred,

those 7 failed files were NOT repairable trust me I tried, getting the extra pars, I tried getting the extra failed rar's but in the end it wasn't worth my time.... with AW it just plain works.

@neilt0

$8 a month is a killer deal, but I don't have the money to pay for a yearly subscription so I'll setting for $11 package.

-=Jason=-

I finally fixed my harddrive and went with the one partition for both SAB and cache.

How do you fix files that fail?  I thought Sabnzbd did it automatically.

Sab does try and repair automatically but some times fails,

you then can do  this  from the download directory type    "par2 r filename.par2"  it will attempt to repair the file if it has enough pars. if not enough pars download pars only and place in that folder and run the repair again.  after par2 repairs you can unrar the file.

I have notices however that  running the par2 r option didn't repair the file but left  a .1 on the end of my rars thus not repairing them..

using QuickPar in windows fixes those problems for me so I use a combo of what ever works. I try and repair via telnet and par2 r if that doesn't work I wait until I get home and use quickpar.

-=Jason=-

@neilt0

$8 a month is a killer deal, but I don't have the money to pay for a yearly subscription so I'll setting for $11 package.

You don't have $96 to spare? If you can save it up, you can also upgrade to the year plan from the monthly.

with a mortgage payment, working 2 jobs, a baby, bills,my health insurance going up $150 a month as of Jan. etc etc no I don't have $98 just laying around.

-=Jason=-

I have the Astraweb $11 plan.  Paying for it a year in advance would save me $36, but what if their service starts to go downhill?  Then I'm stuck with them.  While I have been with them for about a year already, I'm sticking to the $11 plan.

Also, I have had some speed and completion issues over the last couple of months with Astraweb.

I have not had any speed or completion issues with AstraWeb over the past 1.5 years.

What I have found to be the issue with completion over the last month or two is certain websites (newzbin I'm looking at you) have had severe issues on their server side with the NZB creation. Grab the NZB from a different site and everything worked as it should from AstraWeb.

Multiple sites, and the speed issues wouldn't have anything to do with that.  Haven't had any problems until the last few months.  As for completion, I'm not talking about the ones that Sabnzbd(on Unraid) fails to repair, I'm talking about ones that can't be repaired. This has been happening with several index sites.  I've been using ssl.astraweb.com when maybe I should be using ssl-us.astraweb.com.  They appear to resolve to different IP addresses.  Any input on the server would be appreciated.

Again, haven't had any issues until the last few months, but I'm starting to look for another provider.

Yes, the server backend issues at Newzbin generated massively unrepairable downloads, somewhere around 30-50% of the file in question were not included in the NZB. The typical 10% par file obviously can not make up for the other 20-40% missing. Make sure those other index sites are not just links to newzbin-generated NZB files. If they are/were, that could explain the issue.

As for the DNS name, the ssl.astraweb.com seems to resolve to a random/round-robin pool of US and EU based servers. The US designator always resolves to US-based servers. I've always used the US SSL servers.

Yes, the server backend issues at Newzbin generated massively unrepairable downloads, somewhere around 30-50% of the file in question were not included in the NZB. The typical 10% par file obviously can not make up for the other 20-40% missing. Make sure those other index sites are not just links to newzbin-generated NZB files. If they are/were, that could explain the issue.

As for the DNS name, the ssl.astraweb.com seems to resolve to a random/round-robin pool of US and EU based servers. The US designator always resolves to US-based servers. I've always used the US SSL servers.

I'll change to using the us server url as my primary server.  If I am getting bounced over to the Europe based servers that could explain some of the speed issues.