unRAID with SABnzbd

markus101

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for this. This is exactly what we needed, so I guess since pr2 is working, sabnzbd is the problem? Maybe its not invoking par2 when a repair is needed?

That's what I am guessing.  When I watch the download finish (refresh every second) in SABnzbd in never shows that it is trying to repair it, which it does in SABnzbd running on my Mac on the same files.  So basically if a file needs repairing (which many on usenet do), you have to manually repair in via the command line.

FWIW, I'm getting about 10% failure rate in unraid while on my Mac running the same version of SABnzbd it's less than 0.5% with the same usenet server.

Ok, I found a problem with Sab, and decided to get the logs, etc to see if the issue can be fixed.

The resulting file can be repaired with QuickPar, files would appear to need rejoining, which Sab seems to fail to do.

I've attached the log file for this download only, along with a couple of screenshots.

Hope this helps.

Glen.

I'd post that on the SAB forums and see if someone can interpret it.

I'm very grateful for all the hard work on this customization. Would it be an option to make this part of the unMenu "Extra Software Packages"?

Take a look at one of the other unMENU package.conf files.  They are basically a list of the files to be downloaded, their affiliated md5sum checksums, and a set of "shell" PACKAGE_INSTALLATION lines to install what you've downloaded.

The AirVideo package has the added complication of downloading and compiling "ffmpeg" as it was not available compiled as a compatible package.

If you can organize the same set of information you can put together your own unMENU package to share with others.

Once you get the basic information together, I can refine it if needed as I did with the AirVideo package. 

A basic description of the unMENU package file is here in the wiki: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=UnMENU_documentation#Package_Manager

and here:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=UnMENU_documentation#unmenu_package_manager_package.conf

Joe L.

The behavior of this repair/unrar process is a bit strange.  I have an example of a file that completed its download and I received a failure notification.  I was then able to simply unrar the archive without having to repair it.  Looking at the files in the directory, a repair already tool place (example, files such as part31.rar.1)

Here's what SAB had to say in the history:

Repair:

[hoarders.s01e04.720p.hdtv.x264-momentum] Verified in 22 seconds, repair is required

[hoarders.s01e04.720p.hdtv.x264-sample.mkv] Quick Check OK

Unpack:

No post-processing because of failed verification

This is a known problem explained in the page just before this one

I know this, I was elaborating on what I have been seeing.  In the details that I have posted, I was saying that the repair process actually DID function correctly, it just did not extract the archive once the repair was completed.

The files repaired correctly by opening a telnet session, and typing par2 r ctu-....vol00+1.par2

Verifying repaired files:

Target: "ctu-x264-cold.case.602.r01" - found.

Target: "ctu-x264-cold.case.602.r02" - found.

Repair complete.

I seem to get a differnt result with running

par2 r Robin........ol000+01.par2

I get back

par2: error while loading shared libraries: libtbb.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

-=Jason=-

EDITED the link to show the correct post I was linking to

EDIT: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2903.msg71443#msg71443

the above link was my answer, I had to copy those lib* files to /usr/lib

ok quick lil down and dirtay on getting this up and running...

I am 100% unRaid/Slackware Noob... I know very little about linux unbuntu only because of XBMC-Live.

using this guide on lockstockmods.com its using outdated versions so don't use any of those files.

http://www.lockstockmods.net/2010/06/03/unraid-with-sabnzbd-and-sickbeard/

I have replaced the links with current versions

Sab Version 0.5.4 | Sickbeard version current as of 10/20/10

note the directory if you don't have a cache drive install to another disk and replace path as necessary

untar the files like so

tar zxf SABnzbd*.tar.gz

tar zxf midgetspy*.tar.gz

rm SABnzbd*.tar.gz

rm midgetspy*.tar.gz

mv midgetspy* sickbeard

mv SABnzbd* sabnzbd

cd /boot/custom

wget http://www.bibliognome.com/unraid/SABnzbdDependencies-2.0-i486-unRAID.tgz

I didn't have a /boot/custom so I had to make one if you don't have one do mkdir /boot/custom

edit your go script and add the following, replacing 192.168.1.6 with whatever ip it runs on

use unMenu to do this

#sleep for 30 seconds

sleep 30

#Start SABnzbd

installpkg /boot/custom/SABnzbdDependencies-2.0-i486-unRAID.tgz

python /mnt/type your disk number here/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.6:88

#Start SickBeard

nohup python /mnt/type your disk number here/.custom/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &

reboot or manually enter go script command to start SABnzbd and Sickbeard

start sab on //tower:8080 start sickbeard via //tower:8081

I had a problem running par2 repair so I had to copy some lib files

from your SABnzbdDependencies-2.0-i486-unRAID.tgz copy to a temp location

mkdir /mnt/temp

cp /boot/custom/SABnzbdDependencies-2.0rc-i486-unRAID.tgz /mnt/temp/

cd /mnt/temp

tar zxf SABnzbdDependencies-2.0rc-i486-unRAID.tgz

cp /usr/lib/libtbb.so.2 /usr/lib

cp /usr/lib/libtbb.so /usr/lib

rm -R /mnt/temp

now I am very noobish and might have made some typos so follow this guide at your own risk.

-=Jason=-

I have a question on SABnzbd.  I am currently running it off a partition of my cache, /mnt/disk/sdb2.  Anytime it finishes downloading and doing the sabtosickbeard.py process, it moves the file directly onto a disk on my array.  In SABnzbd, I try changing the the Completed Folder in Config, to /mnt/cache but it will not accept it.

Any ideas on how to do this?

If you are using the sabtosickbeard.py it doesn't matter where you point SABnzbd download too (I would leave it in the completed folder on your partition of your cache) it is moved to whatever folder sickbeard has for that TV Show. Like for me all my TV Shows are in usr/TVShows/TV Shows which is a share that uses the the cache drive and thus it is not added directly to array, it is just moved on the cache drive and ready to be moved into the array. I guess I dont really have an explanation for you other than check where SickBeard thinks your TV Show folder is, make sure it pointing at a user share that uses the cache drive. Also I have been wondering because you have been posting about it for awhile, why did you partition your cache?

To be honest, I'm not really sure why I did it.  While reading this thread, I saw a few posts where people mentioned it to be best to have it on a drive outside of the array.  I'd figured I could partition a drive and use one partition for the cache and the other to run SABnzbd.  Originally I had it on the cache drive but it would keep all my other disks from spinning down.  So I created the other partition and installed SABnzbd on it.  All my disks would stay spun down and only one disk would spin up when Sab was done with a file.  I had tried to change the filepath for the completed file to use the cache partition but it would not accept it.  Now it seems like I have HPA on this drive somehow, it is disabled by default on BIOS and it still shown as being off.

I guess I should just delete the partitions and preclear this drive again. Hopefully that gets rid of the HPA. And just run SABnzbd on the cache drive and turn it off when not in use.  I'll wait and see what Joe says in my other thread.

I've been seeing strange inconsistencies with regards to SAB repairing/extracting on unRAID as well. I had contacted the SAB guy first and every file that fails on unRAID worked fine for them so they basically told me to sod off.

Do we know why SAB behaves strangely on unRAID? 9/10 failures are not from lack being able to be repaired... I can pop into terminal and manually run par2 on the unRAID box and repair them just fine, so, ya... do we have more info about this?

Is there an easy way to mount a windows 7 share from within Unraid?  I sometimes pull down things using SAB and these files ultimately do not reside on my unraid server.  I will be using the categories option once I get the mount point set up.  Is this something that can be done?

Thanks

I've been seeing strange inconsistencies with regards to SAB repairing/extracting on unRAID as well. I had contacted the SAB guy first and every file that fails on unRAID worked fine for them so they basically told me to sod off.

Do we know why SAB behaves strangely on unRAID? 9/10 failures are not from lack being able to be repaired... I can pop into terminal and manually run par2 on the unRAID box and repair them just fine, so, ya... do we have more info about this?

Good question. No one has been able to answer this to this day..

To be honest, I'm not really sure why I did it.  While reading this thread, I saw a few posts where people mentioned it to be best to have it on a drive outside of the array.  I'd figured I could partition a drive and use one partition for the cache and the other to run SABnzbd.  Originally I had it on the cache drive but it would keep all my other disks from spinning down.  So I created the other partition and installed SABnzbd on it.  All my disks would stay spun down and only one disk would spin up when Sab was done with a file.  I had tried to change the filepath for the completed file to use the cache partition but it would not accept it.  Now it seems like I have HPA on this drive somehow, it is disabled by default on BIOS and it still shown as being off.

I guess I should just delete the partitions and preclear this drive again. Hopefully that gets rid of the HPA. And just run SABnzbd on the cache drive and turn it off when not in use.  I'll wait and see what Joe says in my other thread.

That is odd, I have had SABnzbd+Sickbeard running on my cache drive set up using the LifeHacker tutorial and updated using Flomaster's post for the better part of this month 24/7. It only uses the cache drive and no others. I would recommend (only because it seems you are having problems I dont think there is a problem with your idea of partitioning just that it is not necessary) doing as you say and reformatting it and following those walkthroughs, it should work for you. I am also seeing people talking about failed download problems, I too was having some problems (about 1/3 would fail) but last week I added a backup server and have had over 16 straight successful downloads no fails since, I am not sure I truly fixed the problem or I just got lucky. I am posting this as a complete noob for everything I know is from reading this thread and a couple google searches as well as having it running for a couple weeks, this is just my 2 cents.

Archived