APC Battery replacements - Best place to get them?

graywolf

Had an extended outage due to ice. UPS worked well, everything shut down automatically.

But now that it is 24+ hrs after we regained power, I see that one of the UPS shows  0 bars, another shows about half charged, and the rest are fully charged.

APC Back UPS XS 1000

Any recommendations on where to get the replacement batteries?

Would you replace the half charged one or leave it and just keep an eye on it?

eBay.  Ive been buying from "Chrome Battery."  Ive bought at least 10 of them and they have all been great.

Another loyal Chrome Battery customer here. I've also bought about 10 or so and they've been great. Been buying them from Amazon because they're free shipping. They may be free shipping on eBay though too, never checked.

I didnt recall seeing Chrome Battery on Amazon the first time I needed one.  Amazon is always the first place I go since I have Prime.  So, I just continued to order from eBay.

I just looked at a couple of batteries and they have the same prices on eBay and Amazon. Looks like I will be ordering from Amazon from now on.  That being said, Ive replaced just about all my UPS batteries in the last year.

And for anybody who has FiOS, the UB1270 battery is a perfect replacement for the ONT backup battery that Verizon sells for like $99!

Archived