[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Sign_in is used by the plugin to send the sign in token for logging on with Plex pass credentials. It shouldn't be saved anywhere since curl just accessed it on Plex web site, or at worst saves a temp copy to the /tmp folder.

They're perfectly safe to delete. Check the permissions on your /tmp folder are correct and I'll see if there is any place on the plugin that might be saving a copy when it shouldn't be.

Sign_in is used by the plugin to send the sign in token for logging on with Plex pass credentials. It shouldn't be saved anywhere since curl just accessed it on Plex web site, or at worst saves a temp copy to the /tmp folder.

They're perfectly safe to delete. Check the permissions on your /tmp folder are correct and I'll see if there is any place on the plugin that might be saving a copy when it shouldn't be.

Yeah i figured it wasn't an issue. It's more of an annoyance really.

my /tmp folder is root with 777 permissions. Now I do have plex running as a custom user unraid-plex instead of root. Is that what's doing it?

I had no issue updating my Plex server this morning either. Try this:

- Uninstall the plugin from within the plex plugin settings page

- Delete the /boot/config/plugins/Plexmediaserver folder

- Delete the install folder (NOT the config/library folder)

- Reboot

- Install plugin again

- Set up settings in the plex plugin settings page (you're library and everything should still be there after this)

It sounds to me like one of the folders is stuck in a read only state, likely the one on /boot/config/plugins/Plexmediaserver.  This should give you a fully clean install. Plex doesn't use the PhAzE-Common folder so no need to delete that.

Followed the instructions above, and everything appeared to go ok.  I'll know after the next plex update.

As part of the initial install, I set the config including a custom port, hit the apply button and everything started ok.

I looked at the cfg file and it was set as USEPORT="no" PORT="31845".  I manually edited the Plexmediaserver.cfg after the install to set the USEPORT parameter to yes and saved and verified it was saved with the edit. 

So it looked like this USEPORT="yes" PORT="31845" and then shut down and restarted the server.

After the restart, the custom port check box was not set in the plex settings page.  When and looked at the CFG file and it was back to USEPORT="no" PORT="31845".  I made this check after the plugins were started.

On the setting page I ticked the check box, the port was set correctly and hit the apply button.  Plex restarted and used the custom port as specified.  Looked at the CFG file and it was at USEPORT="yes" PORT="31845".  Shutdown and restarted the server and looked at CFG file and it was set as USEPORT="no" PORT="31845", edited the CFG file to USEPORT="yes" and started plugins.  Plex started ok and used the port 3185 and was reachable from external devices.  When I go to the setting page, the custom external port is checked and the port is set correctly.

To duplicate it, with everything operating normally, I go to the main UR page and take the server offline then power down the server.  After I rebooted it and looked at the Plexmediaserver.cfg file, before I started the plugins, the file was reset to USEPORT="no"PORT="31845"

It appears that as part of the shutdown, the Plexmediaserver.cfg file at /boot/config/plugins/Plexmediaserver is getting updated or replaced with an older file.

I then go to the settings page, check the custom port box and apply.  Everything restarts correctly.  Look at the cfg file and it is set as  USEPORT="yes" and PORT="31845".  This indicates the pluggin is updating the file correctly.

My config file after the reboot.

# Plex Media Server configuration:
SERVICE="enable"
INSTALLDIR="/usr/local/Plexmediaserver"
CONFIGDIR="/mnt/cache/apps/PlexMediaServer"
TRANSDIR="/mnt/cache/apps/tmp/plex"
MAXPLUGPROCS="6"
MAXLOCKMEM="3000"
MAXSTACKSIZE="10000"
MAXOPENFILES="4096"
USEPORT="no"
PORT="31845"
RUNAS="nobody"
BRANCH="plexpass"
USERNAME="xxxxxxxxxx"
PASSWORD="xxxxxxxxxxx"
REPO="https://plex.tv/downloads"
PLG_STORAGESIZE="no"
PLG_DATACHECK="yes"
CHECKONLINE="yes"

The Sonarr plugin update completely wiped my config settings, lost everything, even the automatic sonarr backups. Rebooting did not fix it as the plugin deleted the entire config directory.

Luckily I backed up the entire thing before updating, but it took about an hour even to get Sonarr to launch again. Had to start completely start from scratch, deleting the entire Sonarr directory, but even that was not enough. Had to restart my server for a second time before it'd even re-create a fresh Sonarr folder. SABnzbd had no issues updating.

Both my SABnzbd and Sonarr plugins don't show the config path correctly in the WebGUI. I check the box, and set something like "/mnt/cache/Stationary/Sonarr/AppData". Then I press apply and the box unchecks. However, the config files are going there. I've always assumed this is a UI glitch, so i've been ignoring it for the past year or so. Not sure if related.

The Sonarr plugin update completely wiped my config settings, lost everything, even the automatic sonarr backups. Rebooting did not fix it as the plugin deleted the entire config directory.

Luckily I backed up the entire thing before updating, but it took about an hour even to get Sonarr to launch again. Had to start completely start from scratch, deleting the entire Sonarr directory, but even that was not enough. Had to restart my server for a second time before it'd even re-create a fresh Sonarr folder. SABnzbd had no issues updating.

Both my SABnzbd and Sonarr plugins don't show the config path correctly in the WebGUI. I check the box, and set something like "/mnt/cache/Stationary/Sonarr/AppData". Then I press apply and the box unchecks. However, the config files are going there. I've always assumed this is a UI glitch, so i've been ignoring it for the past year or so. Not sure if related.

This happened to be yesterday.  I should have made a backup before updating.  I'll do this going forward.  Wasn't too big a deal for me to start from scratch again.  See my post above for how I solved it.  You can try PhAzE's suggestion above as well.

This happened to be yesterday.  I should have made a backup before updating.  I'll do this going forward.  Wasn't too big a deal for me to start from scratch again.  See my post above for how I solved it.  You can try PhAzE's suggestion above as well.

This seems like a major bug to me, many people are going to lose their sonarr databases when they update. I'll for sure backup everytime the plugin updates in the future as well.

I'm not sure what would have caused that considering I made no code changes, just updated the mono dependency. There's no code in any of the files either that would delete the config folder.

What version of Unraid are you using?

6.1.9. I'm unsure if this is related, but can you confirm if the config directory box is suppose to remain checked if you use a custom config directory? It never has for me, but in my cfg file it shows my custom path and my files definitely go to my custom directory. I tried running your permission command above, but same results.

My exact steps were update plugin > restarted my server > sonarr failed to start due to integrity check > checked the folder and my config file was gone. My Sonarr directory has been working flawlessly, untouched, for the past year or so and I always update to the newest plugin. It's really strange but everything is working now, even rebooted again to make sure.

I've been noticing a lot more issues coming up since 6.1.9 came out.  It is supposed to be checked if you're taking the config folder unless it is a sub directory under your install folder.

IE: /mnt/cache/app and /mnt/cache/app/config

In that case the check box will not be checked as it is the default setting.

I've been noticing a lot more issues coming up since 6.1.9 came out.  It is supposed to be checked if you're taking the config folder unless it is a sub directory under your install folder.

IE: /mnt/cache/app and /mnt/cache/app/config

In that case the check box will not be checked as it is the default setting.

That explains it, I have both my config files inside the install folders.

Could always have the plugins backup the most important files prior to updating, and store them on the flash drive under /plugins/ or something. Not sure how hard that'd be to code or if it's even possible but it'd be a sure way to ensure no one ever loses their databases.

The files you'd need to backup are:

Sonarr: config.ini and nzbdrone.db

SABnzbd:  sabnzbd.ini

Well the ini files would be easy but the db files can get large. But it shouldn't even be removing the folder. Try searching around in case it was moved

I checked all over, not many places it could have gone. :(

To me, it almost seemed like the plugin attempted to completely reinstall Sonarr to default state after getting the "fail integrity check" error. What's odd is that even when wiping the entire Sonarr directory, the plugin would not reinstall sonarr until I restarted my server completely again. It still kept saying either "failed file integrity check" or something like "cannot create directory" each time I tried. That seems like a file permission issue but then I don't think restarting would have fixed it.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be some widespread issue.

Fail integrity check means it has a bad download and couldn't extract the app from the tar.gz or zip. Usually it will delete the zip file and try again next time you run the install.

It shouldn't be a wide spread issue, I upgraded without issue but I'll try again tomorrow.

I called my friend and warned him about what happened, he updated over the phone.  He updated plugin, restarted sonarr, sonarr wouldn't start. Restarted server, sonarr started but completely default settings. Same thing that happened to me.

Make sure you backup before updating!

PhAzE, If I update the Emby server, can I revert back to the prior version? If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks

Do you mean the emby plugin or the emby app?

Plugin, yes. Just update it from in the emby plugin settings page, then you'll be able to use the downgrade plugin button if you need to revert. Emby and sonarr use a new mono so please backup your emby config folder before updating, just in case.

Emby app itself, not as easy to revert.

Plugin, yes. Just update it from in the emby plugin settings page, then you'll be able to use the downgrade plugin button if you need to revert. Emby and sonarr use a new mono so please backup your emby config folder before updating, just in case.

Thanks, for the help. I forgot about the downgrade option.

I updated to the latest Sonarr plugin and then the app wouldn't start anymore.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin to no effect. Then I deleted all the dependencies and tried again and I'm getting a install file missing message when I try to setup the app.

I'm on unraid 6.1.6.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I ran the chmod command above, but it didn't seem to do anything.

What are your config and install directories set to?

Verify they are correct in /boot/config/plugins/Sonarr/Sonarr.cfg

Can you post the error message for the missing install file so I can see if it's a plugin install file or the app install file?

My install is the default

/usr/local/Sonarr

Config is:

/mnt/cache/Sonarr/AppData

The config is not correct in the .cfg file since the app didn't install so it's showing the default directory.

The message I get on the GUI is:

Stopping Sonarr...Stop OK: Already stopped Installing Sonarr...Install failed: Install file missing

Now I lost the GUI and can't access it anymore. Server is still up though.

Backup your config folder first. Since the cfg fine is wrong, edit it to the correct settings. Otherwise the config folder is moved to the default location, then list when you reboot.

You can try an install again then but if it fails, i'll need to take a look tomorrow to make sure the install file is being downloaded from the correct location.

Just to add, when I updated mine, it also didn't start. BUT, I didn't lose my config. I had to downgrade plugin, restart my server and then sonarr was accessible again.

I guess this is due to the fact that I have separate install (on RAM, or rather cache disk) and config folder (on cache disk)

Interesting to note tho, that when I first updated, mono was still detected at 3.80 and sonarr was still working. Doing a Top showed two Mono running.

I then did a restart of sonarr through the webgui, and then mono was detected as 4.2.3 and was then impossible to start it up, Although the app log was saying start OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk