unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta6-x86_64 Available

I see the same issue.  I just hopped between 6.06 and the latest 5. 6.06 hangs after a reboot.  I need to power cycle.

Pretty sure dalben means the same issue as I reported in this post:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33802.msg322307#msg322307

I note he has a different motherboard than I do (Asus vs ASRock) so it is not a motherboard specific issue, but rather a new fault in 6b6.

I hope someone at LT will test the reboot failure in 6b6 and the pending 6b7.  As I said before it was OK on 6b5

Thanks

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just upgraded to beta 6 tonight.  I had been running beta 4 previous to tonight without any issues.  I just upgraded my motherboard and CPU this weekend, as the original CPU I purchased for my unRAID server was an AMD Sempron, which has 1 core and I can't do much virtualization with it.  After I upgraded my hardware, I was able to boot into Xen on beta 4 without any issues. 

At any rate, I updated the bzimage, bzroot, xen, and readme.txt files to beta 6 on my flash and rebooted my system.  I let it boot into Xen, and it appeared to come up without issues.  I attempted to get into the WebGUI and I was getting an error that the page could not be displayed.  I was able to ping and SSH into the server, but I could not get to my shares either.  I rebooted the server and this time choose just unRAID from the boot menu, and when it came back up, I was able to get into my shares and the WebGUI.  I thought maybe it was just an issue with the first boot, so I rebooted it again (from the WebGUI), and let it boot into Xen and it had the same issue as before.  So, it appears I cannot boot into Xen and be able to access my WebGUI or shares.  Has anyone seen this on their unRAID 6 install? 

Just had the same thing happen to me.  I hadn't done anything with the webgui in a while, but had just added 2 torrents to deluge (large torrents, game emulator-related files).  Deluge disappeared on me, tried to go to webgui to restart it, and it was gone, with a segfault in my dmesg log (didn't get the other logs, wasn't thinking when I restarted the box :( ).  The segfault error was:

emhttp[2705]: segfault at 0 ip 00002af7c94703f6 sp 00007fff06145718 error 4 in libc-2.17.so[2af7c9318000+1bf000]

with a bunch of spindown's before it, nothing else.

powerdown script didn't do anything, so I ended up doing shutdown -r now.

Web GUI just died on me...

I have experience same thing, it happens every now and then

What was the last thing you clicked, or rather the first thing you clicked on before clicking Refresh Refresh Refresh, that triggered the hang?

I cannot remember, nothing special...  For some reason it just dies, actually I can safely say that in the end it will die every time.. Might take a week but in the end it will die off.. With nothing in the syslog..

I will use the powerdown -r command next time, I noticed that just "powerdown" does not do anything.

In would actually be a GREAT thing if the webgui would be restartable... This dying if is the only reason I have reboot my array regularly..

Hi, i have a problem. I have searched for a solution without any luck!

When i try to access my shares via \\tower\disk1. I can se folders but have no permissions to se whats in them, but if i go stright to \\tower\media for example, its working. If i use NFS i can connect and se whats under \\tower\mnt\disk1\media.

I have tried to reset permissions, and i have been using AD integration before.

I dont know when this started happening.

edit: Have tried 5.0.5, same problem. And after a clean install of 6b6. still same problem, i guess the problem is on the disks? After parity check is done, i´ll try to go through the "new permissions" util.

regards

/Jowe

It looks like there's an issue with tar and shfs; I'm having various issues where tar fails to set mtimes on extracted symlinks, or completely fails to extract hard links.

shfs is a "stackable" file system implemented using FUSE.  It's been designed primarily for access via network services such as Samba (SMB) and is not posix compliant, e.g., hard links are not supported.  Those kinds of operations are best performed directly to mounted disk devices.

I can understand the issue with hard links, and I'm working around it with a symlink to my cache drive for the specific case that needed it, but the mtimes-on-symlinks issue with tar is rather strange, as symlinks seem to be otherwise perfectly functional.

"bump" for this issue (though I'm not sure if that makes sense)

When i try to access my shares via \\tower\disk1. I can se folders but have no permissions to se whats in them, but if i go stright to \\tower\media for example, its working. If i use NFS i can connect and se whats under \\tower\mnt\disk1\media.

I have tried to reset permissions, and i have been using AD integration before.

I dont know when this started happening.

edit: Have tried 5.0.5, same problem. And after a clean install of 6b6. still same problem, i guess the problem is on the disks? After parity check is done, i´ll try to go through the "new permissions" util.

regards

/Jowe

when you run the new permissions script you have to leave the browser window open until it finishes. Are you doing that?

Did you check your by-disk level permissions? (Click on the "disk x" link on the main console page)

Are there any workarounds for the Xen issue with VM networking? I have a Windows VM that took me a while to dial in, and I'm not excited about rebuilding it at a KVM VM or trying to figure out how to convert it.

BTW, Docker rocks. I converted my Linux services to Docker containers and stopped running my Linux VM.

Are there any workarounds for the Xen issue with VM networking? I have a Windows VM that took me a while to dial in, and I'm not excited about rebuilding it at a KVM VM or trying to figure out how to convert it.

Don't bother trying to convert it. My Win images blue screened on boot. Maybe it was the Xen drivers, maybe it wasn't.