We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Tower:80 becomes inacessible

Nokoff

Hi guys having a problem that occurs intermittently for the past month or so.

Symptoms:

Navigating to my unraid URL: http://192.168.1.16/ works sometimes, and at other times, the page doesn't load. Just a white screen. F5 and Ctrl+F5 does nothing.

Then I will switch to IE to try and access it, and it will usually pop up the password dialog box (note chrome doesn't ask because I've already logged in, so it's in cookies or w/e). When I authenticate in IE it usually loads into unraid web UI right away, seemingly no problem.

Not much happening in log:

usr/bin/tail -f /var/log/syslog
Sep 7 07:22:01 Tower kernel: mdcmd (159): spindown 2
Sep 7 07:22:01 Tower kernel: mdcmd (160): spindown 4
Sep 7 09:09:45 Tower rpc.mountd[2170]: authenticated mount request from 192.168.1.5:786 for /mnt/user/Series (/mnt/user/Series)
Sep 7 09:19:16 Tower rpc.mountd[2170]: authenticated mount request from 192.168.1.5:558 for /mnt/user/Series (/mnt/user/Series)
Sep 7 09:34:22 Tower kernel: mdcmd (161): spindown 1
Sep 7 09:34:23 Tower kernel: mdcmd (162): spindown 2
Sep 7 09:34:24 Tower kernel: mdcmd (163): spindown 3
Sep 7 09:34:24 Tower kernel: mdcmd (164): spindown 4
Sep 7 09:34:24 Tower kernel: mdcmd (165): spindown 5
Sep 7 09:57:57 Tower emhttp: read_line: read_line: input line too long 

Unraid 6 Beta 6,

Adblock Plus

Couchpotato

Dognzb Desktop Notifications

Google Docs

Google Sheets

Google Slides

Lastpass

Play to XBMC

Popout for Youtube

Pushbullet

Even in another browser I have to try multiple times before it usually goes through. Almost like I have to "kick-start" it.

I also have an Arch VM running.

Flushdns did not work.

Clearing browser cache seems to get me to the auth screen after which I hear a drive spin up and the page loads. Why is it that I am having to clear my cache every time?

Clearing browser cache seems to get me to the auth screen after which I hear a drive spin up and the page loads. Why is it that I am having to clear my cache every time?

I've experienced this before (I use Chrome) and I think I narrowed it down to large cookies.

Easy test, run any docker that generates large cookies (say LazyLibrarian) and access it in your browser, then try to access the unraid interface. You'll find those "input line too long" errors in syslog. Clear your cookies, access the unraid interface again, and it magically works.

Funny I have the same problem on 6.beta but only within unmenu - unraid proper works fine.

I have to reload unmenu links a number of times before they actually work. I tried Chrome and Firefox. I wonder if this could be cookie related.

I could be wrong, but I don't think unmenu sets or reads cookies. It's not even really a webserver, it's just a very clever set of awk scripts masquerading as a webserver. It's amazing what Joe L. has been able to do with it.

Archived