Stop array to check and disable all services to avoid retry unmounting disks

Ashe

Currently stopping the array does not check if certain services are running before trying to take the array offline. For example, if docker is running, then stopping the array ends up in a loop of 'retry unmounting disks'

It would be better if this action automatically searches and stops any services running before disabling the array

Docker should stop with the array and stop all containers that were running at the time.  With VMs, we are looking to change it so the array stop will shutdown all VMs.

Qhat about telnet/ssh sessions where the current directory is on an array device?  That one often catches me out!

I'm pretty sure apcupsd is on their 6.0 roadmap and that to me implies powedown as well.  Now, who they plan to implement all the functionality is up for grabs.  I personally think the kill (and start) scripts are a great way to do it and ideally they can webgui-ize the most common ones like those used for shutting down VM's and dockers while also allowing for the creation of custom ones for people with more special needs :)

based on what dlandon found working with the powerdown script the answer is, "No"

As for shutting down VM's ... the powerdown script does create "kill scripts" that operate when the array stops.  That is what I use to shut down the VM before the array goes offline.

Using beta 9 if I press the power switch momentarily and watch the console, I can see that the powerdown script is initiated.    The subsequent messages indicate that docker IS stopped before the array is stopped.  Whether this also means containers are stopped tidily I have no idea.

Yeah I can't speak to containers.  I only KNOW Xen VMs.  What I "know" about docker is only what dlandon has stated today in the powerdown / apcupsd plugin threads.

I wonder if some people are still installing a powerdown script via unMenu?  If so they might be replacing the one that LimeTech are providing that as far as I can see IS closing things down properly.  The one that is available via unMenu is almost certainly not docker or VM aware.