Docker will not Start

I am completely in the dark on what to do for this problem.

I am running 6.0 10a.

I have had Docker running for over a month with Crashplan and Logitech Media Server

I was having a problem with a streaming service on LMS and wanted to restart LMS.

I went to the Docker page and pressed the stop button for LMS and it removed everything for LMS  from the Docker page. Crashplan was still running.

I could not find a way to reload LMS. So I figured a system reboot might cure the problem.

From the Tower-Main page I did a system stop and it hung and never conpleted or reloaded the page. So I did a restart from the server and it restarted but also started a Parity Check.

Now Docker will not start. I have the Docker Manager plugin installed.

My Docker file is located on my BTRFS cache drive. My Appdata is on my Drive 2 also BTRFS.

When I press Docker start button it attempts and goes back to the stopped state.

I noticed now the Docker file was suddenly over 10 so I changed the size to 20 with no difference. I appreciate any help to get back to where I was with Docker running.

syslog.txt

Docker.JPG.ce16a1a90f38491ae48fc9e88e480915.JPG

The syslog shows that you made several attempts to start docker, but gives absolutely no clue as to why it fails.

Have you tried rebooting the system since you increased the size of the docker image?

I suspect that the easiest way to get docke running again would be to rename your current docker image so that you make a fresh start.  If that doesn't help then I would try  renaming /flash/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user in case it is something in one of your templates which is upsetting things.

I tried all the suggestions.

I have no templates installed. I did a complete restart of  6.0 10a so there are no templates installed and now I cannot add any as I cannot get Docker to start.

I noticed the docker file at nmt/cache/Docker keeps growing. It was under 10g and now is over 30g.

I renamed the docker file and copied over the original file that I had saved. Now it too has grown in size to over 30g so something is adding to the file. In addition what ever is adding to the docker file is also preventing me from doing a clean shutdown and preventing the hdds from unmounting  when I try to stop the array.

I noticed the docker file at nmt/cache/Docker keeps growing. It was under 10g and now is over 30g.

This is, almost certainly, due to lots of entries in one, or more, logfiles.

The docker image file can be accessed at the /var/lib/docker mount point.  Start poking around there to see whether you can fathom out what is happening.

The 'du' utility is very useful for this, particularly with use of the '-s' option.

• 1 month later...

I tried all the suggestions.

I have no templates installed. I did a complete restart of  6.0 10a so there are no templates installed and now I cannot add any as I cannot get Docker to start.

I renamed the docker file and copied over the original file that I had saved. Now it too has grown in size to over 30g so something is adding to the file. In addition what ever is adding to the docker file is also preventing me from doing a clean shutdown and preventing the hdds from unmounting  when I try to stop the array.

I've got a similar situation.  I had a 10gb Docker file from the beginning of the unRAID Docker days and it was fine.  Twice in 2 weeks now I found all my Dockers refusing to start.  After deleting them all and restarting I still had errors.  I thought it was a permission problem.

I then, on a whim, increased from 10gb to 15gb and everything started working until yesterday when I had run out of sopace again.  I've upped it to 20gb now as a quick fix until I can drill down and find out what's eating the space.  polipo is the last container I added but I don't think that would cause this but I don't know.  I run, from memory, sickrage, nzbget, mariaDB, coachpotato,transmission, flexget, headphones, werver's xbmc, polipo.

• 2 years later...