Dynamix - V6 Plugins

• 2 weeks later...

Recent update (or possibly earlier) to active streams plugin seems to be exposing file access relating to appdata on the shares?

Host/User comes up as unknown, playtime unavailable, and Share is the immediate parent folder it happens to reside in (or file itself).

Stream disappears when I stop the docker/VM related to that appdata.

At first I thought something more sinister was happening (brown pants moment), but now I'm incline to think it's active streams over reporting?

I just have a small question.

Can it be possible that my CPU PWM gets displayed while selecting a PMW controller in Fan Auto Control?

I have a  M/B: ASRock - B85M DASH/OL R2.0

i conected 2 fans to "CPU fan". And many fans to the "CHA FAN" pmw.

Im asking because i dont see a CPU fan speed anywhere. Only array fan speed (which should be CHA FAN)

root@Unraid-Server:~# sensors
coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
CPU Temp:     +81.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 0:       +81.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1:       +74.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

nct6776-isa-0290
Adapter: ISA adapter
Vcore:         +0.87 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.74 V)
in1:           +0.17 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
AVCC:          +3.33 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
+3.3V:         +3.33 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in4:           +0.48 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in5:           +1.84 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in6:           +1.68 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
3VSB:          +3.41 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
Vbat:          +3.30 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
Array Fan:    1103 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
MB Temp:       +32.0°C  (high =  +0.0°C, hyst =  +0.0°C)  ALARM  sensor = thermistor
CPUTIN:        +32.5°C  (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN:        -12.5°C  (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
PECI Agent 0:  +82.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C)
                        (crit = +100.0°C)
cpu0_vid:     +0.000 V
intrusion0:   OK
intrusion1:   OK
beep_enable:  disabled

Edited by nuhll
On 12/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, bonienl said:

To remove settings, change it to "not used" and apply. Do this for all settings. Afterwards all is free again to be re-assigned.

That didnt helped. It still shows -12C, but i changed to SYSTIN, bc that -12 never changed, so i guess its just a ghost or something.

Found the following devices:
   hwmon0 is coretemp
   hwmon1 is nct6776

Found the following PWM controls:
   hwmon1/pwm1           current value: 255
   hwmon1/pwm2           current value: 255

Giving the fans some time to reach full speed...
Found the following fan sensors:
   hwmon1/fan1_input     current speed: 0 ... skipping!
   hwmon1/fan2_input     current speed: 7258 RPM

Fan 1 is the probably the CHA fan, can i control it, even if it doesnt show speed? :D Or can i install drivers or something? (fans are moving just btw)

Testing pwm control hwmon1/pwm1 ...
  hwmon1/fan2_input ... speed was 7258 now 7297
    no correlation

No correlations were detected.
There is either no fan connected to the output of hwmon1/pwm1,
or the connected fan has no rpm-signal connected to one of
the tested fan sensors. (Note: not all motherboards have
the pwm outputs connected to the fan connectors,
check out the hardware database on http://www.almico.com/forumindex.php)

Did you see/hear a fan stopping during the above test (n)? y

Testing pwm control hwmon1/pwm2 ...
  hwmon1/fan2_input ... speed was 7258 now 0
    It appears that fan hwmon1/fan2_input
    is controlled by pwm hwmon1/pwm2

Edited by nuhll

So im complete unsure what to do now or whats the problem. I also removed one Y cable at the beginning and made it so that the first Y bridge with "here are speed readings" is directly connected to a fan.

Just btw. this setup worked for years without problem with another board... so that cant be the problem.

I visited my server and checked the following:

all fans are running.

If i run pwmconfig, all fans stop and start accordingly to what i see on screen, it seems like:
pmw fan 1  pmw 1 array
pmw fan 2 pmw2 cpu

But problem is, he cant see the speed the pmw 1 array fans are running...

for a easy fix i could connect the array fans to the 3 pin headed PWR fan, does that help me in any way? (can they get roughly controlled without pwm?)

Edit: i might found something, someone is suggesting on the internet that you need to load nct6775 but it seems like only nct6776 is loaded... how to do that? :D)

edit: is it maybe caused by switching mainboard, do i need to remove or reconfig anything? I thought that would happen automatic (and since it was working, but for wrong fan, i didnt noticed till now)

Edited by nuhll

FYI @bonienl  With active streams, if Plex is not installed (or not running), a ton of errors happen on the plugin

Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.active.streams/include/StreamList.php on line 68

Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.active.streams/include/StreamList.php on line 32

Small bug report. In the Active Streams plugin, when you have hosts connected with IPv6 addresses, the User Names tab only displays the first four characters of the IP address, so you can't assign names to each address individually. I have example images, though only one user connected when I took these screenshots. I have, however, seen multiple addresses (all starting with 2600) connected at one time and still only one "[2600" under User Names.

1274699355_fullip.PNG.5070f4c7d3f54f6bef62019c48f62202.PNG339007591_non-fullip.PNG.4fca36ab5f78f7e2e4ab20763ed02dd6.PNG

I really dont know what to do. Its not detecting my fans on the "CHA FAN PWM". In the old board this was no problem?

1. Is there anything i can update to get it working, or does unraid this automatic? like load correct drivers. It only detect the CPU Fan as "ARRAY" fan..?

2. Can i force your script to control fans on the PWM header, even if it cant read the speed of the fans? 

3. Is there a way to control the fans bases on a 3 pin fan?

Edited by nuhll
3 minutes ago, nuhll said:

I really dont know what to do. Its not detecting my fans on the "CHA FAN PWM". In the old board this was no problem?

Is there anything i can update to get it working, or does unraid this automatic?

Can i force your script to control fans on the PWM header, even if it cant read the speed of the fans?

The plugin relies on what your motherboard reports about pwm controllers.

You can check manually what is available under "/sys/devices/platform" and fill in the correct path under  pwm fan.

3 minutes ago, bonienl said:

You can check manually what is available under "/sys/devices/platform" and fill in the correct path under  pwm fan.

Yeah, thats what i saw in pwmconfig and autofan.

But it reports 0 speed back, i dont know why. Fans are running and stopping accordingly. 

Only /sys/devices/platform/nct6775.656/hwmon/hwmon1/fan2_input

seems to work, which gets reported as array fan, but its the cpu fan... 

Edited by nuhll
1 hour ago, bonienl said:

Lets say i change fan2_input to fan1_input ...

can your script control the pwm fan header, even it dont report any speed back?

I'm trying to figure out why the fan sensors aren't being detected on my motherboard, an ASUS PRIME H370M-PLUS/CSM. The detection process only finds Intel's "coretemp" which only reports CPU temperatures. Any ideas? Also, is there any way to determine what the "acpitz - temp1" might be? Chipset? It has a much lower temperature than any of the CPU cores.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

I had to add this line to my "go" file to get the fan speeds to appear (even after running the detection) on my Z370

modprobe it87 force_id=0x8686

Can't remember right now though how I got the id#

I did manually run the sensors-detect command that's included in the plugin. Upon trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek' it reported "Yes" but then:

Found unknown chip with ID 0xd423
    (logical device B has address 0x290, could be sensors)
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f

So that address for me might be 0xd423?

I was just trying to get my motherboard working (MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon) with the fan controller and seem to have figured it out. Here's what I did (being verbose in case it helps others troubleshoot their own motherboard in the future):

1. Used sensors-detect to figure out that my board has a `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek' chip reported at ID 0xd352.
  2. Did a bunch of googling to find out that my board specifically has the Nuvoton NCT 6795D chip.
  3. More googling to find the supported devices: https://hwmon.wiki.kernel.org/device_support_status_n_o
  4. More googling to figure out that the nct6775 driver may also support the nct6795D.
  5. Tried 'modprobe nct6775 0xd352' (not sure if I was supposed to use force_id=0xd352, but it worked without it) and surprising, it worked and now the Fan Auto Control plugin shows my 6 nct6795 PWM controllers!

So @Taddeusz maybe try 'modprobe nct6775 0xd423' (with or without force_id=) and see if that works for you.

My only complaint now is that I'd like to be able to control more than one of my 6 PWM controllers. 

EDIT: Also worth pointing out that while detect doesn't work in the System Temp plugin, manually entering 'nct6775' as the driver and hitting save does. Enables me to see/select the temps and fans.

Edited by shooga