Plagued with inactivity and non responding v6

loady

I have to keep holding down power button to get UNraid to respond, when it starts up it can access everything but after about 10 minutes it just stops responding, i cant access the menu or any plugins, i cant access via telnet and i get no ping response from it, says host unreachable..its quite frustrating as i do not know where to start, i noticed that ever since i used V6 that the docker page takes an age to load as does general flitting around the menu, i have 16GB of ram in the machine..feels more like 100mb.

dockers i have installed are..

sabnzb

nzbdrone

couch potato

deluge

plex

plugins...

SNAP

nzbmegasearch

Everything works ok initially albeit sluggish but 10 minutes later it just seems to stagnate and i cant do anything but to cold shut down...i left it doing a parity check and was at 6% and said that it would be 8 hours, i came back to it 11 hours later and i cant access it again, no telnet, no web access...i hard booted it again and its starting parity check again but im locked out....any idea please ?

Sorry for delayed responses. Select safe mode upon booking would require me to have a monitor attached to server or could telnet session be used at that stage ?.

Telnet is not available until after booting. You could edit syslinux.cfg and make SAFE mode the default boot mode. Be sure to use a linux compatible editor.

When I turned this on this morning it booted up fine and everything was working and then it just locked me out.. no access to anything.  So I hooked up monitor and tried safe mode which never booted, now it doesn't boot up at all in any mode..threw out a few errors and no it seems to be hanging at the stage shown on attached picture. I have not been able to use the sever for nearly a month now.. not sure what to do... how can I get an error log off this for someone to view ??https://plus.google.com/u/1/app/basic/photos/115425996052755724168/album/6096021140558677217/6096021139159163842?cbp=epx1mbzm45qf&sview=2&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1&spath=/u/1/app/basic/stream&sparm=cbp%3D19zcj1kph35uq%26sview%3D26%26cid%3D5%26soc-app%3D115%26soc-platform%3D1

It doesn't look like the flash drive is set up right, so I'd start with the basics - load it on a Windows machine, make a backup of it, run Check Disk or equivalent to fix any file system corruption, run make_bootable again on it, then properly eject it or use the 'Safe Remove' tool, and try it again in your server, selecting Safe Mode.

Tried that this morning... no difference..really not sure which way to turn..I'm worried about losing shares information and configure settings...I am up for starting from scratch.. There wasn't really a comprehensive guide on starting with v6 and onwards to installing dockers etc... ever since putting v6 and using dockers it's been so sluggish, taking up to a minute for the docker page to load.

Prepare a new flash drive and boot the server. If the new flash drive can boot the server then format and reinstall unRAID on your licensed flash drive. Do not forget to include the license key file from the backup.

The contents of the data disks will not be affected. You may have to customize the share settings and will have to install any add-ons.

The key is tied to the GUID of the USB device, and as such is not transferable to a new device.

The only way to transfer a key to a new device is to contact Limetech describing the issue; give the GUID of the new device; and hope they will issue you a new key for the replacement device.

Hope lol, of course they will give you a new key, lol your receipt has everything that's needed.

itimpi, start with what did you did before it stopped working? Really sounds like a hardware issue to me and i would be running memtest, intel burn test, prime95 ect first. Report back that these have passed, after that start with a fresh install after backing up your current stick's data. If that fails then i would be looking at usb stick, but as far as i know it only boots off the usb stick into ram and only writes the log to the usb. You could also try another usb port.

Can you please post your log files last lines?

Sorry for delayed responses. Select safe mode upon booking would require me to have a monitor attached to server or could telnet session be used at that stage ?.

Telnet is not available until after booting. You could edit syslinux.cfg and make SAFE mode the default boot mode. Be sure to use a linux compatible editor.

Just noticed that syslinux.cfg can be edited in the webGUI now.

Access the Flash Device Settings page:

Main - Boot Device - click on the Flash Device

Then Syslinux Configuration tab