[support] pducharme's Dockers support thread

I just installed the have the docker installed the UniFi-Video Controller (NVR)  but the default ubnt/ubnt password does not work.  How do you login for the first time?

Never Mind, I figured it out from the previous posts!

Thanks,

Chris McCarron

Edited by csmccarron
  • 2 weeks later...

Just upgraded to the latest version and the docker no longer displays the message below which I reported a few days ago. How did you end up fixing it? Thanks a lot! 

2017-01-14 13:34:51,354 ERROR Unable to locate appender ConsoleErrorAppender for logger uv.login

2017-01-14 13:34:51,355 ERROR Unable to locate appender ConsoleErrorAppender for logger uv.stream

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: You have loaded library /usr/lib/unifi-video/lib/libubnt_webrtc_jni.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.

It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.

On 3/26/2017 at 11:40 AM, jrdnlc said:

Just upgraded to the latest version and the docker no longer displays the message below which I reported a few days ago. How did you end up fixing it? Thanks a lot! 

I got tired of how weird my native install of unifi-video on my Arch linux server was, so I went out and found pducharmes's docker image for it. And I spent some time working on it to make it even better for us non-unraid users and I think better even for unraid users. The only reason you're not seeing this error anymore is that I switched it to using the native unifi-video script to start and stop which... hides all the output.

I just did a pull request for an easy to use DEBUG option if you'd like to see more of what the daemon is doing. After it is merged, you can add `-e DEBUG=1` to your run command and you'll see a lot more startup details, your "missing" error and any other spew that comes along.

Edited by fryfrog
How often is the UniFi Video docker image updated?  I'm about to setup a few cameras in my house and want to ensure that I once I setup my controller software, I do so with a repository that is consistently updated.

Usually, I tend to update it within the same Day of the release by UBNT or the day after.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
1 minute ago, Pducharme said:

Usually, I tend to update it within the same Day of the release by UBNT or the day after.

Awesome.  So your image is up to date with version  3.6.3?  I only ask because your notes in the OP only show it being updated to 3.6.1.

Awesome.  So your image is up to date with version  3.6.3?  I only ask because your notes in the OP only show it being updated to 3.6.1.

Yes up to date. Thank for the reminder that I forgot the OP update, doing it now.

Are there any pre-requisites of unaware of to run the unifi-video docker?  I ask because the volume mappings look very different from most of my Linuxserver.io dockers.

I have my docker setup as follows on my Ubuntu Server:

docker run \
        --name unifi-video \
        --cap-add SYS_ADMIN \
        --cap-add DAC_READ_SEARCH \
        -p 7443:7443 \
        -p 7445:7445 \
        -p 7446:7446 \
        -p 7447:7447 \
        -p 7080:7080 \
        -p 6666:6666 \
        -v /docker/containers/unifi-video/config:/var/lib/unifi-video \
        -v /mnt/nfs/nvr/unraid01_nvr/videos:/usr/lib/unifi-video/data/videos \
        -v /mnt/nfs/nvr/unraid01_nvr/logs:/var/log/unifi-video \
        -e TZ=America/New_York \
        -e PUID=1000 \
        -e PGID=1000 \
        -e DEBUG=1 \
        pducharme/unifi-video-controller

Yet I can't access it via web browser and it doesn't create a system.properties file.  The following is the output that displays following the docker run command:

2017-03-29 17:15:31.143639 [info] PUID defined as '1000'
2017-03-29 17:15:31.345583 [info] PGID defined as '1000'
2017-03-29 17:15:31.408949 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
Starting unifi-video... [debug] Running unifi-video service with --debug.
Java Runtime: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre
JSVC: /usr/bin/jsvc

JVM options:  -Dav.tempdir=/var/cache/unifi-video -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom   -Xmx2075M  -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/unifi-video/lib  -Djava.awt.headless=true  -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8             -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote                  -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false                -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false               -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7654 -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=172.17.0.11

JSVC options:  -cwd /usr/lib/unifi-video -debug  -user unifi-video  -home /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre  -cp /usr/share/java/commons-daemon.jar:/usr/lib/unifi-video/lib/airvision.jar  -pidfile /var/run/unifi-video/unifi-video.pid  -procname unifi-video   -Dav.tempdir=/var/cache/unifi-video  -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom   -Xmx2075M  -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/unifi-video/lib  -Djava.awt.headless=true  -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8  -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote           -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false                -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false               -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=7654 -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=172.17.0.11
mount: tmpfs is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: cannot mount tmpfs read-only
done.

Edited by IamSpartacus

mount: tmpfs is write-protected, mounting read-only

mount: cannot mount tmpfs read-only

It is failing to fix the tmpfs mount it wants to use, can you try with --privileged instead of the two --cap-add options?

Edited by fryfrog
15 hours ago, fryfrog said:

It is failing to fix the tmpfs mount it wants to use, can you try with --privileged instead of the two --cap-add options?

When I replace the two --cap-add options with the --privileged I get the following:

Unable to find image 'unifi-video:latest' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: repository unifi-video not found: does not exist or no pull access.

Yet a 'docker pull pducharme/unifi-video-controller' works fine.

EDIT:  Works fine if I use docker run instead of docker create.

Edited by IamSpartacus

I setup an Ubuntu Server VM and got the same error as you with the options from the README, https://ptpb.pw/Brmb/shell

Edit: And it works fine if I use --privileged :/

Edit: Whoah, even with --cap-add ALL it has the same error. Might really need to run it as --privileged

Edit: Found it, you need --security-opt apparmor:unconfined

I've made a pull request to add this to the readme, I'm not going to add it to the defaults until it is obvious that *most* users will need it. I also improved the "failure" of starting so that it would actually exit when it failed instead of looking like it was still working fine. :)

Edited by fryfrog
3 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

How does one force the Unifi NVR to get an IP address in the same LAN as the server running to the docker as opposed to the default docker0 network of 172.17.0.1 ?  My NVR is getting 172.17.0.3 and thus can't find my cameras which are in the same VLAN as the server running the docker (10.0.10.0).

You can't, but it shouldn't matter. That is what the port forwards are for.

I didn't do anything special and my cameras were perfectly happy even w/ its IP not in their network.

If you want to experiment, you could remove all the port forwards and use the `--network host` option instead. But there is no docker option I know of that'll let it have its own IP on the LAN, like you'd expect from a vm.

Edited by fryfrog
3 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

How does one force the Unifi NVR to get an IP address in the same LAN as the server running to the docker as opposed to the default docker0 network of 172.17.0.1 ?  My NVR is getting 172.17.0.3 and thus can't find my cameras which are in the same VLAN as the server running the docker (10.0.10.0).

It's not needed as fryfrog said.  The Port forward will allow the docker to find the cameras on the LAN.  

4 hours ago, Moonglider said:

Hi

I have just installed the Unifi Video docker image, but the camera that i add to it goes online/offline all the time

Any reason for that ?

I have been running Unifi Video from a VM with no problems... so my setup is ok

I hate to say it, but this is exactly the reason I moved from my native install of unifi-video on Arch Linux (I even maintain the AUR package for it!) to this docker in Ubuntu. My cameras were constantly disconnecting and re-connecting. They kind of worked, but hadn't recorded anything for weeks. Reset them, tossed them against this docker image and... bam, they're fine. I was never able to figure out what the problem even was. If your VM is working, maybe that is a sign to stick with it. :/