Basic Question - Stopping Array During Pre-Clear

Yorgo

I believe the answer is "yes" but would like confirmation before proceeding...

Can one stop an array while a pre-clear is in process without terminating pre-clear?

I would like to transition one of my array drives from RFS to XFS which requires stopping the array but I'm in the middle of a looooong pre-clear of a 6TB drive (USB via SNAP) which I'd prefer to not terminate.

TIA, Y

I believe the answer is "yes" but would like confirmation before proceeding...

Can one stop an array while a pre-clear is in process without terminating pre-clear?

I would like to transition one of my array drives from RFS to XFS which requires stopping the array but I'm in the middle of a looooong pre-clear of a 6TB drive (USB via SNAP) which I'd prefer to not terminate.

TIA, Y

Is the drive you want to change from RFS to XFS empty? Changing file systems will format the drive.

Thank you for confirming, interwebtech.

Yes, long pre-clear time indeed; 50% through Post Read, 144+ hours.  I didn't need the drive immediately and figured this would be a good way to "test" it anyway.

Is the drive you want to change from RFS to XFS empty? Changing file systems will format the drive.

Thanks, trurl.  Yes, all data has been transferred off the drive.  Been successful twice before moving from RFS to XFS just haven't tried it during a pre-clear.

Y