unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta14-x86_64 Available

limetech

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of quick things:

1)  The spin down issue seems to be fixed for some people, but we haven't tracked down the root cause of the issue for those that are still experiencing it.  The oddest part of this issue is it's lack of existence in previous betas.

2)  With respect to parity performance, this is a side affect of SMART reporting.  If you want real-time SMART reporting, yes, your performance on parity checks/syncs will take a hit.  This is because reading SMART values is far more disruptive to IO than polling for spin down.  Tom discussed this with me yesterday and the solution we are implementing is to change poll_spindown to poll_attributes under the Disk Settings page.  poll_spindown remains a variable, just not tunable from the webGui.  Instead, you can tune the poll_attributes setting to adjust how frequently the SMART values are read from the disks.  The default policy right now is every 10 seconds, which is totally unnecessary.  Furthermore, some have requested the ability to disable this polling altogether, which will be possible by setting this tunable to 0.  So for those that care more about speed than the frequency of SMART reporting, this will SUBSTANTIALLY improve things.  The new default setting for poll_attributes will be 30 minutes (1800 seconds).

The poll_attributes setting is in a build of 14a that I'm running right now in the lab.  We're putting it through it's paces of testing before release.  It also includes a number of other fixes.

I like the new design of the docker page, however, one thing that I think was better on 6b12 was that when you selected a docker to add from the drop down list, then you got a short synopsis of what it was and what the variables were.

This is still present but now it's at the bottom after you click to see the advanced options.

No big problem, but I do think it might confuse those that are new to dockers.

already checked, no *.gz files laying about :(

setting enable docker to Yes and clicking apply does nothing. 

thought ok, i'll see if it lets me delete the docker.img file, that worked a treat lol

still unable to set enable to yes and start docker

Checked with IE11 & Chrome in Windows, Cleared browser cache

Checked on Nexus 7 for good measure as well

** Disregard ** Clearing cache/cookies in chrome again seemed to fix this issue.

Having a very similar issue with chrome. Cannot get docker to let me add any new containers. It just seems to sit there when I press the button. Also cant stop dock once its started.

Moved over to IE11 and can create new containers.

I like the new design of the docker page, however, one thing that I think was better on 6b12 was that when you selected a docker to add from the drop down list, then you got a short synopsis of what it was and what the variables were.

This is still present but now it's at the bottom after you click to see the advanced options.

No big problem, but I do think it might confuse those that are new to dockers.

You still do, but only when adding templates that aren't user defined. If your adding a  container from a user defined template, you're right, and we have fixed this for another release (not 14a).

Nope. I've tried IE, Firefox and opera but no joy. I can get access to unmenu which allows me to stop the array but when I do, I can not get access to the server via telnet or ssh and I get kicked off unmenu as well. I have to run shutdown -r now via a local command in order to get access.

I've downgrade to beta 10a to see if the same problem exists there.

Nope. I've tried IE, Firefox and opera but no joy. I can get access to unmenu which allows me to stop the array but when I do, I can not get access to the server via telnet or ssh and I get kicked off unmenu as well. I have to run shutdown -r now via a local command in order to get access.

How much memory do you have?  How many plugins or Docker images are you running?  Have you run memtst (available in the boot menu) for 24 hours?

I had this exact problem yesturday with beta14. I had to powerdown via a attached keyboard.

1 docker (teamspeak), 4 plugins (sab, sick, sleep, cachedisk), 3,5 GB memory run 7 cycles of memtest

Server has 24Gb of memory, all of which is ECC. 5 docker images are installed with no plugins. The docker image is also newly created as of a week ago as I just transferred all the old plugins over to the new docker images.

Memory was tested about 2 weeks ago for 36 hours with no issues found.

Cheers

R

FWIW, I am having the same issue on b14.  I have no experience of Unraid 6 so haven't got anything to compare against (well apart from Unraid 5 that is).  By my reckoning the web UI is consistently unavailable, by that I mean it is something that I expect to happen at least once a day.  Plex & LMS (the only 2 docker containers I am using) continue to be available on their respective ports.

Just upgraded from 12 to 14 and everything seems to work. All 4 of my KVM VM's start as they should and I like the notifications! I was looking through my syslog and noticed a few items that are odd. Syslog attached as well. The "Received packet from invalid interface." seems to be repeating itself regularly.

Feb 21 17:04:45 Pithos avahi-daemon[1923]: Received packet from invalid interface.
Feb 21 17:04:45 Pithos avahi-daemon[1923]: Received packet from invalid interface.
Feb 21 17:04:46 Pithos avahi-daemon[1923]: Received packet from invalid interface.
Feb 21 17:04:51 Pithos avahi-daemon[1923]: Received packet from invalid interface.
Feb 21 17:05:04 Pithos avahi-daemon[1923]: Received packet from invalid interface.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?  I've noticed today my syslog is filling up with the same message, wondering if it is something to do with our bridge setup?