Array Stopped - Unclean shutdown detected

whipdancer

I had a power blip while I was testing and ended up with an error message that says "Array Stopped - Unclean shutdown detected".  I can't start the array.

I did some searching and everything I've found on this says to run a parity check, except I can't figure out how to actually do the parity check.

Can someone help me out here?

unRAID Vers. 6 beta 12

4tb parity drive

15 data drives

1 cache drive

Sorry, yes, I forgot all about the original in my sig.  I need to update a few things (new-er-ish cpu, a lot more data drives).

I was making some upgrades and decided to try out ver. 6.

I see the webui, all my drives are there, etc.  When I click the start button, all i see is the message "Array Stopped - Unclean shutdown detected".

I expected that I would see a "Parity check in progress" message or something, but there is nothing to indicate anything but the array is stopped.

syslog.txt

The autostart was only part of your problem.  Your bigger problem is that you've got 14 disks and are running the unregistered version (which is why the array won't start)

Feb 20 17:22:54 bluesmaster kernel: md: unRAID driver removed
Feb 20 17:22:54 bluesmaster emhttp: Unregistered

Your .key file is probably not in /boot/config

BTW, yes, I do have a back up.  I bought the 2 keys deal when I started and try to swap between the usb keys a couple times a year.

FYI, when you do that make 100% sure that you also copy the current /config folder between the two sticks.  Otherwise you're in for a world of pain if you happened to have made a drive swap in the interim.

That is exactly why I swap them out from time to time - to force me to make sure they are in sync.

I was testing because I am about to completely rebuild in anticipation of running Plex on the server - instead of my HTPC.  I will be scrapping my HTPC and using the i5 cpu/motherboard combo to replace my existing setup.  It's just a much better mb (3x PCIx16 slots) and more powerful CPU.

Even if it doesn't turn out to be better, I'll have reduced some clutter in the house.

To make life even easier, v6 also now lets you have multiple .key files stored in /config (it will find the one with the correct GUID)  Put both your keys into each /config as Pro1.key and Pro.key  (and maybe update your sig since you're no longer on 5rc12 - its confusion when you ask for help)

To make life even easier, v6 also now lets you have multiple .key files stored in /config (it will find the one with the correct GUID)  Put both your keys into each /config as Pro1.key and Pro.key  (and maybe update your sig since you're no longer on 5rc12 - its confusion when you ask for help)

Thanks for all the info.  Updates are done and done.

Archived