Docker Request (Plex Request)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It installs the stable version, but over the next couple of days, I'll probably add an "EDGE" variable setting to install the dev branch.

thanks, ya it looks good and works smoothly. The only real requests I would have is to make sure it has updatability via a stop/restart if that is possible (like needo's plex) or at least some how outside of you needing to update on your end.

Let me know when you update it, I will gladly keep an eye on it and beta test!

Suppose you have no desire to take a stab at getting Plex Report to work do you? smdion was working on it but it doesn't work at the moment (cron job never runs, the setup doesn't actually setup Plex Report like it should). Figured I would mention it :)

It installs the stable version, but over the next couple of days, I'll probably add an "EDGE" variable setting to install the dev branch.

thanks, ya it looks good and works smoothly. The only real requests I would have is to make sure it has updatability via a stop/restart if that is possible (like needo's plex) or at least some how outside of you needing to update on your end.

Let me know when you update it, I will gladly keep an eye on it and beta test!

Suppose you have no desire to take a stab at getting Plex Report to work do you? smdion was working on it but it doesn't work at the moment (cron job never runs, the setup doesn't actually setup Plex Report like it should). Figured I would mention it :)

Good to hear it works.

Right now, it should already update to the latest master/stable upon start (I believe meteor updates itself and the container does a git pull for Plex requests).

I'll take a look at smdion's Plex report

Got it up and running. Setup Pushbullet for notifications (no couchpotato yet). Works great for me here inside my network. How do I expose it to my users outside my network?

You would need to use dynamic DNS or give them your outside IP with a port forwarded on your router

Yup,

You can use the duckdns container for dynamic dns and forward the port on your router to the container

Got it up and running. Setup Pushbullet for notifications (no couchpotato yet). Works great for me here inside my network. How do I expose it to my users outside my network?

You would need to use dynamic DNS or give them your outside IP with a port forwarded on your router

Yup,

You can use the duckdns container for dynamic dns and forward the port on your router to the container

This is probably a really dumb question, so bare with me :) but how do I foward a port to the container if the container doesn't have a port setup? I used your docker. Do I want to setup a port mapping for DuckDNS docker as well first?

Yup,

This is probably a really dumb question, so bare with me :) but how do I foward a port to the container if the container doesn't have a port setup? I used your docker. Do I want to setup a port mapping for DuckDNS docker as well first?

No. Duckdns has no ports to map. It doesn't receive any incoming connections. It only makes an outbound connection to duckdns.org to update your ip. After that your duckdns.org domain acts as a forwarding domain to your home ip.

Go to duckdns.org and register a domain. Then install the duckdns container on unraid and enter your domain name and api id in the conf file for the unraid duckdns docker container. After that, the duckdns container will update duckdns.org with your ip address every 5 minutes.

So if you use address yourdomain.duckdns.org:3000 the request will be forwarded to youripaddress:3000 (in this case replace 3000 with the port you used for plex requests)

You also have to make sure that your router will forward that request at port 3000 to your internal unraid ip address.

No. Duckdns has no ports to map. It doesn't receive any incoming connections. It only makes an outbound connection to duckdns.org to update your ip. After that your duckdns.org domain acts as a forwarding domain to your home ip.

Go to duckdns.org and register a domain. Then install the duckdns container on unraid and enter your domain name and api id in the conf file for the unraid duckdns docker container. After that, the duckdns container will update duckdns.org with your ip address every 5 minutes.

So if you use address yourdomain.duckdns.org:3000 the request will be forwarded to youripaddress:3000 (in this case replace 3000 with the port you used for plex requests)

You also have to make sure that your router will forward that request at port 3000 to your internal unraid ip address.

ahhh, makes sense. Now if I wasn't dealing with the fact that docker can't connect to the outside world in RC2 I might be able to test this :)

Just pushed an update to Plex Requests

You can now switch to the dev branch by changing the EDGE variable to 1 under advanced view (Going back to stable may not be simple, though)

thanks, just in time for stable to have been fixed with Sonarr etc etc. :) Seriously though, this is awesome, I know people on the Plex forums are talking about it already!

Hi aptalca,

i just came across your docker-pled Request and already tried to install it, but by any reason i'm not getting it running.

It's actually giving me problems to open the GUI after installing it.

It's just not opening it.

I'm on unRAID 6 rc3

Matt

Hi aptalca,

i just came across your docker-pled Request and already tried to install it, but by any reason i'm not getting it running.

It's actually giving me problems to open the GUI after installing it.

It's just not opening it.

I'm on unRAID 6 rc3

Matt

Do you have any other dockers working successfully?

You might have to create a ticket on plexrequests-meteor's github or ask in their Plex thread.

If you want to reset all the settings and start over, you can either delete the local folder and restart the docker, or you can reinstall the docker with a different app folder location. Then you can go to the admin page and set a password