New Website Changes Live

Today we published a series of changes to our website to reflect the product direction of unRAID 6.  The main changes are to the home page, the technology pages, and the "What is unRAID" page.  The home page contains a new ~ 2 minute video to explain our mission with unRAID and what you can do with the platform.  The facets of unRAID are then broken down into three concepts:  Network Attached Storage, Application Server, and Virtualization Host.  This is just the first of many new forms of content we are planning to showcase through our website.

A special thanks to everyone that has supported us on our mission to make unRAID the most capable NAS platform available!

EDIT:  Also, please share the youtube video on our home page with friends!!

Definitely has evolved a LONG way with v6.    Guess I need to build a new test machine with enough "oomph" to use all the new features.    I have 3 i7-4790 systems, but they're all tied up doing other things, so I think a nice new Xeon is calling to me for UnRAID testing  :)

... a nice fall project.

I should probably add the entire video was made using an unRAID 6 workstation. That includes all footage that was captured.  That was done with either nVIDIA ShadowPlay on my GTX 780 or my Avermedia capture device.  All animations done in powerpoint attached to my windows VM and then further refinements using the totally free Windows Movie Maker. All data stored to the protected array over SMB. Even the voiceover was captured through a VM.

I should probably add the entire video was made using an unRAID 6 workstation. That includes all footage that was captured.  That was done with either nVIDIA ShadowPlay on my GTX 780 or my Avermedia capture device.  All animations done in powerpoint attached to my windows VM and then further refinements using the totally free Windows Movie Maker. All data stored to the protected array over SMB. Even the voiceover was captured through a VM.

if handbrake docker was involved, i shall have an apoplexy lol, cos that's one of mine too.

if handbrake docker was involved, i shall have an apoplexy lol, cos that's one of mine too.

Lol!  Sadly no, no handbrake. But don't worry, we will be doing many more videos. The others will be more instructional (how to use / setup).

The video is quite nicely done, good job.

I will say though, it seems a little premature since you haven't released your unVM's yet and the trial is time limited, no? I know there is an OpenELEC Beta VM (steamOS?) but you feature these quite prominently in the video. Using them as a "selling" feature when they are not yet available might put off would-be buyers.

I will say though, it seems a little premature since you haven't released your unVM's yet and the trial is time limited, no? I know there is an OpenELEC Beta VM (steamOS?) but you feature these quite prominently in the video. Using them as a "selling" feature when they are not yet available might put off would-be buyers.

You can create steamos yourself right now as well as all the other vms. Openelec will be released very soon.

You can create steamos yourself right now as well as all the other vms. Openelec will be released very soon.

Right. Wasn't a jab, just some feedback.

Cheers, Mike

Right. Wasn't a jab, just some feedback.

Cheers, Mike

Sorry if my previous message was short.  Was typing one-handed on my phone while juggling something else at the time.  Just wanted to highlight that the only VM so far we have formally announced that we want to support ourselves is OpenELEC, and we have working builds internally.  The next step to rolling it out is to create another drop down option on the VM manager when adding a VM to select a template for OpenELEC (not "custom").  Still a few other higher-priority items we're focused on in the near-term before we can get to that, but shouldn't be long.