Looking for Docker Minecraft server

has anyone had the issue with a server profile you created disappearing?  i did a clean shutdown tongiht because i had to move my unraid box across the room and when i booted back up, the MineOS profile was no longer there.  I had about 4 hours of play in:(

What are your volume mappings?

Your sig isn't working.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything with the word proxy, and my mind turns blank. I have zero experience with this... I could learn... uphill battle... one question though.

I created my own Apache-PHP docker based on others. Primarily I use it to host a web site for personal use. On this container, can I still host the web sites and also configure it for reverse proxy stuff?

For sure.  You just need to find and edit "sites-available/000-default.conf" or it could just be called default.conf

Hernandito, your container is based on mine and mine is based on smdion's so it may well be proxyconfig.conf  ;)

i need to get my sig fixed up.  i imagine there is a guide to make it fancy like y'alls?

It's called BBCode, sort of a very simple subset of html, except with square brackets instead of angle brackets.

The easiest way is to just work in the message editor using the buttons. Preview it and when you get it looking like you want, instead of actually posting it, just copy and paste it in the box in your profile.

When i browse to the appdata share, i don't see the folder.  howerver when i ssh in to my server, i can navigate to it just fine.

The way docker works, if the external path doesn't exist, then it silently stores the data in the container. That's why you see it when you ssh in, and why you lost it when the container restarted. Just create the dir in your server and restart the container. You should see the files appear in the dir on the server side, and if you ssh in, you'll see them there too.

When i browse to the appdata share, i don't see the folder.  howerver when i ssh in to my server, i can navigate to it just fine.

The way docker works, if the external path doesn't exist, then it silently stores the data in the container. That's why you see it when you ssh in, and why you lost it when the container restarted. Just create the dir in your server and restart the container. You should see the files appear in the dir on the server side, and if you ssh in, you'll see them there too.

His mapping is WRONG.

i left them as the default that the docker had in it:

Container Volume - /var/games/minecraft

Host Path - /mnt/appdata/minecraftos/

i need to get my sig fixed up.  i imagine there is a guide to make it fancy like y'alls?

There is no such thing as /mnt/appdata in unRAID.

That mapping must be on a disk or user share, preferably on a cache-only user share. It should be /mnt/cache/appdata or /mnt/user/appdata or even /mnt/disk1/appdata. /mnt/appdata is not on a disk and will not survive a reboot.

ichbinpete, do you have a cache drive?

yes i do have  cache drive

Go to Shares - User Shares and Add a share named appdata if you don't have one already.

In the Share Settings for the appdata share, make very sure that you set it to Use cache disk: Only.

Then, the Host Path would be /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraftos/

Has anyone set up a Pocketmine container for unRAID? or would be willing to help me set one up? There are already multiple Pocketmine containers on the official Docker site. I know nothing about making a container for unRAID but would be willing to learn.

Thanks!

Has anyone set up a Pocketmine container for unRAID? or would be willing to help me set one up? There are already multiple Pocketmine containers on the official Docker site. I know nothing about making a container for unRAID but would be willing to learn.

Thanks!

Dockers don't necessarily have to be made for unRAID for you to be able to use them in unRAID. You might try the Docker Search plugin and see if it will help you use one of those dockers.

What does this docker do?  My son is a big minecraft player. would this give him his own server?

Is it  for PC minecraft, xbox 360 etc?

Thanks

Creates your own server... you need to read around on how to setup. My son knows better than I. It definitely works on desktop version of MC. not sure what is involved to make one for ios or xbox. Not a big expert. I am sure there plenty of info out there.

• 5 months later...

I have easily managed to install the docker and create the server but am unable to connect to it from my Android device. Does anyone know if I need any special permissions?

After adding the server, it looks like it ought to have a green icon on the device but it has no colour. Clicking on the server attempts to connect and then reports it cannot connect to the world. Any ideas?

Has anyone been able to get a Minecraft PE server running on this docker ?  Searechin g the web it says it's easy on mineos-node.  I'm not sure what that is.

It looks like someone may have created a docker for it already

https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node/pull/159

I'm going to go and play but there is a good chance I will, cut and poison myself like kids do when they play with things they shouldn't

Username is minecraft... the password, you set at the time you add the container, and click on advanced settings, and set the PASSWORD variable to a password of your choosing.

I can't get this to work, what am I doing wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/dotid9Z.png

http://i.imgur.com/ducNnsj.png

Looks like you haven't set a PASSWORD variable. Your screenshot shows a variable named TEST with a value of minecraft. You need a variable named PASSWORD with whatever value you want.

Username is minecraft... the password, you set at the time you add the container, and click on advanced settings, and set the PASSWORD variable to a password of your choosing.

I can't get this to work, what am I doing wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/dotid9Z.png

http://i.imgur.com/ducNnsj.png

Looks like you haven't set a PASSWORD variable. Your screenshot shows a variable named TEST with a value of minecraft. You need a variable named PASSWORD with whatever value you want.

Ah, thank you!

I thought minecraft was the username and I was going to change out the word "PASSWORD" for my own. Sorry :)