Upgrading to V6 questions


60 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I was wondering if someone can please point me in the right direction. 

Im currently running unRAID Server Plus version: 5.0-rc16c. Well out of date and am unsure of how to upgrade to the latest and greatest. If there is a idiots proof guide id appreciate it, otherwise itll be a case of buying a load of hard drives, backing up onto the new ones, rebuilding fresh on the old ones and then upgrading the drives....

 

Any and all help appreciated!

Link to post
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 1 year later...
On 1/3/2019 at 6:43 PM, Squid said:

Hello, I am running ver 6.1.6 and I am getting the following error:

 

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.5.3-x86_64.zip ... done
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.5.3-x86_64.md5 ... done
wrong md5
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

 

i am trying to upgrade to 6.5.6. 
 

thanks in advance

Link to post
28 minutes ago, y2kindyz said:

Hello, I am running ver 6.1.6 and I am getting the following error:

 

plugin: updating: unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.5.3-x86_64.zip ... done
plugin: downloading: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer-6.5.3-x86_64.md5 ... done
wrong md5
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

 

i am trying to upgrade to 6.5.6. 
 

thanks in advance

Not sure 6.5.6 is available anymore. In any case, the version you have is so old that you should probably just work through the upgrading wiki link you quoted, and also see this additional one:

 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-650-stable-release-update-notes/

 

Link to post
  • 1 year later...

4 minutes ago, mickeykelley said:

The link to the upgrade doc is not working,  where do I go now to get up to speed.  My media servers has been down for several years and I finally got it up and need to go from 5.0.8 


there is this page in the wiki that covers this.

 

having said that since you have not used the server for several years maybe it is worth approaching it as a new install?   Going that route the only thing you must make sure you keep is the licence key file from the old install.  Make a backup of your current flash drive before attempting anything in case you later want something off that drive.   If you want to keep your disk drive assignments copy across the super.dat file on the config folder to the new install.   V5 plugins are not compatible with v6 so there is not much else worth keeping.

Link to post

I don’t have any thing of importance except to media drives so no plug in as far as I know.  I’m just looking for the quickest, most painless method to get current so I can move forward to getting everything setup under Plex.  So where would I go to do it as a new install?  As far as keeping a backup of the flash, I assume you just mean copy it’s entirety onto a folder on a separate pc.

Link to post
1 minute ago, mickeykelley said:

 As far as keeping a backup of the flash, I assume you just mean copy it’s entirety onto a folder on a separate pc.

Yes.


 

2 minutes ago, mickeykelley said:

So where would I go to do it as a new install?

I would think the Getting Started section of the online documentation is the place to go?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.