[SOLVED] Midnight Commander (or any other file management app) Unraid 6

Hi,

Can you recommend something similar to MC for Unraid 6? i really need something to help me move files around within the array.

I don't mind if its add-on or Docker app, as long as its reliable, and won't give me permission problems..

(i don't know if its the right place to post this, there is no 'Application' forum under Unraid 6... so...if i should post this topic somewhere else let me know..)

Thanks in advance

Vadim

... but for 200+GB of data i'd prefer to do it directly in unraid...)

200GB isn't really much data these days => and with a Gb network the write speeds aren't going to be appreciably different doing it across a network vs. local copies.    I'd be inclined to just use the GUI tools on your client.

Hi,

Can you recommend something similar to MC for Unraid 6? i really need something to help me move files around within the array.

I don't mind if its add-on or Docker app, as long as its reliable, and won't give me permission problems..

(i don't know if its the right place to post this, there is no 'Application' forum under Unraid 6... so...if i should post this topic somewhere else let me know..)

Thanks in advance

Vadim

You are aware that mc works in unRAID 6?

well that's embarrassing!

guys, sorry, i totally forgot that mc is part of unraid, i sincerely thought that its an add on (i think i even created false memories of installing it on unraid 5...)

thanks for your help!

Hehe, no worries, we've all done and continue to do the odd stupid thing, sit down for twelve hours and I'll tell you just a few of the things I've done..  ;D