unRAID Server Release 6.1-rc3 Available

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, no more /root/mdcmd script?

It's in /usr/local/sbin and /usr/local/sbin is also in PATH.

Plugin authors should not put anything in /usr/local/sbin.

Aha, need to change the scheduled parity check, it is still referring to the old path...

No complaint ;D

Yeah I missed those.  Shouldn't those scripts be in dynamix/scripts anyway (and dynamix.apcupsd/scripts)?

Aha, need to change the scheduled parity check, it is still referring to the old path...

No complaint ;D

Yeah I missed those.  Shouldn't those scripts be in dynamix/scripts anyway (and dynamix.apcupsd/scripts)?

The parity check is a bit of a special case, cause it generates a cron entry which includes a reference to mdcmd.

The Dynamix scripts are in the correct place.

No complaint ;D

The parity check is a bit of a special case, cause it generates a cron entry which includes a reference to mdcmd.

The Dynamix scripts are in the correct place.

Yes that need to change to /usr/local/sbin/mdcmd.

But those update.xxx.php files should be moved I think:

./update.file.php => ./plugins/webGui/scripts or ./plugins/webGui/include

./update.file.php => ./plugins/webGui/scripts or ./plugins/webGui/include

./update.apcupsd.php => ./plugins/dynamix.apcupsd/scripts or ./plugins/dynamix.apcupsd/include

Nice work. I dont think anyone will complain about putting security fixes in an RC and the clarification on why the kernel change was introduced seems like sound reasoning to me.

Agreed, nice work guys..

Agreed, I am very happy to see these security improvements!

Just upgraded to rc3.  Everything is fine except for my usual upgrade issue...

Every time I upgrade my docker folder is deleted.  I keep it in /mnt/cache/docker.  I also have a /mnt/cache/appdata folder, but that folder isn't ever affected.

After upgrading I always have disable docker in settings, recreate the /mnt/cache/docker folder, re-enable docker in settings and then reload all my docker containers.

Is this normal behavior or should I expect that my docker config survive unRAID version upgrades?

Every time I upgrade my docker folder is deleted.  I keep it in /mnt/cache/docker.  I also have a /mnt/cache/appdata folder, but that folder isn't ever affected.

After upgrading I always have disable docker in settings, recreate the /mnt/cache/docker folder, re-enable docker in settings and then reload all my docker containers.

Is this normal behavior or should I expect that my docker config survive unRAID version upgrades?

definitely not normal behavior

The powerdown plugin can't shutdown the array cleanly because /root/mdcmd is not available in this rc.  Until I can resolve the issue, you should uninstall the powerdown plugin.

Seems like unmenu is missing /root/mdcmd too

Aug 12 21:54:38 NAS unmenu[4852]: sh: /root/mdcmd: No such file or directory

Aug 12 21:54:39 NAS unmenu[4852]: sh: /root/mdcmd: No such file or directory

Unmenu now reports the following under Array Status

Not started, unRAID ARRAY is STOPPED 0 disks in array.    Array is not protected by a parity disk: Parity disk not configured.

Can you share your diagnostics file (see on the webGui under Tools -> Diagnostics)?  And when you say your "docker folder" can you elaborate on that?

I'm seeing this message every 6 hours.  Is it normal?

Aug 12 18:10:01 unRAID crond[1881]: exit status 127 from user root /usr/local/sbin/plugincheck &> /dev/null

From the OP:

A side-effect of these changes is that any Notifications you have enabled won't work until you disable the Notification, hit Apply, and then enable it again, and hit Apply.

The powerdown plugin can't shutdown the array cleanly because /root/mdcmd is not available in this rc.  Until I can resolve the issue, you should uninstall the powerdown plugin.

Fixed with a update to the plugin.  The modifications are backwards compatible with 6.0 and the 6.1.rc versions.

To install this release, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin and paste the following link into the box and click Install:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/limetech/unRAIDServer-6.1-rc/master/unRAIDServer.plg

I thought the process was once you had downloaded a beta/RC that you should be able to check for updates on the plugins page and find/install the latest RC? I understand you having to manually enter yourself into the RC stream, but once there why would the auto-update not be enabled? Or is this something unique to RC3?

Fixed with a update to the plugin.  The modifications are backwards compatible with 6.0 and the 6.1.rc versions.

That was quick, thanks dlandon, I'm going to reinstall now!

I'm not completely certain, but it appears to me that Pushbullet stopped working with this release.  I've disabled and enabled multiple times, and Applied, and clicked the Test button, but the following is all I get -

Aug 12 21:09:24 JacoBack php: /usr/local/emhttp/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/notifications/agents/Pushbullet.sh

Aug 12 21:09:24 JacoBack php: {"error":{"type":"invalid_request","message":"Access token is missing or invalid.","cat":"(=^???^)y?"}}

It was working before.  Perhaps it is just the Test button not working?

I'm not completely certain, but it appears to me that Pushbullet stopped working with this release.  I've disabled and enabled multiple times, and Applied, and clicked the Test button, but the following is all I get -

Aug 12 21:09:24 JacoBack php: /usr/local/emhttp/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/notifications/agents/Pushbullet.sh

Aug 12 21:09:24 JacoBack php: {"error":{"type":"invalid_request","message":"Access token is missing or invalid.","cat":"(=^???^)y?"}}

Pushbullet test working here

And here, just checked.

Well RATS!  I can modify the options, and I see a new generated Pushbullet.sh file in /usr/.../agents, but the Test button still produces the same syslog error text, both in Internet Explorer and Firefox, no notifications produced.  Email and the popups work.

Edit: My other Pushbullet devices are working fine, and Pushbullet said my access token was correct (carefully double checked it), and it worked for quite awhile, but I decided to reset it anyway, and sure enough, that was it!  Put new token in and it immediately tested fine.  Sorry for the wasted time!  Blame it on Pushbullet!

Aug 12 18:10:01 unRAID crond[1881]: exit status 127 from user root /usr/local/sbin/plugincheck &> /dev/null

From the OP:

A side-effect of these changes is that any Notifications you have enabled won't work until you disable the Notification, hit Apply, and then enable it again, and hit Apply.

I almost said again (as I told Jon before) that I do not have notifications enabled.  I decided to check but I do in fact have Docker and Plugin update notifications enabled for every 4 hours.

Sorry and thanks for the clarification!

John

From the OP:

I almost said again (as I told Jon before) that I do not have notifications enabled.  I decided to check but I do in fact have Docker and Plugin update notifications enabled for every 4 hours.

John

Perhaps this error message should be added to the first post so that users can put 2-and-2 together themselves :)

Can you share your diagnostics file (see on the webGui under Tools -> Diagnostics)?  And when you say your "docker folder" can you elaborate on that?

I've attached the diagnostics file to this post.  When I say "docker folder", I'm talking about the folder where my docker.img is saved.  Currently it is: /mnt/cache/docker.

unraid-diagnostics-20150813-0734.zip

From the OP:

John

Perhaps this error message should be added to the first post so that users can put 2-and-2 together themselves :)

Added, although I don't really agree.  It flat out says in the post that if you had notifications enabled, you will need to do X, Y, and Z to fix.  If folks don't read that, then they aren't going to read the new blurb I put in about the crond log event.  That said, it's easier to comply than argue on this one...

I've attached the diagnostics file to this post.  When I say "docker folder", I'm talking about the folder where my docker.img is saved.  Currently it is: /mnt/cache/docker.

Your issue is that the share that you use for docker is NOT set to use the cache.  Login to the unRAID webGui and click on the "Shares" tab at the top.  Then click on docker.  Change the "use cache" option from No to Only.  This should resolve your issue going forward.

This problem stems from creating folders off the root path of a device (e.g. /mnt/cache).  You really shouldn't be doing that unless you don't intend to use shares at all.  Rather, you should be creating shares.  If you want a /mnt/cache/docker and don't want that share to ever contain data on array devices, then you simply create a Cache Only share.