[Support] Linuxserver.io - MySQL

Updated unRaid to 6.3.1 and now my mySQL docker won't start. The mysql error.log reports the following:

170210  7:28:36 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist

Edit:

Never mind, tracked down the issue. After updating to 6.3.1 my Cache drive did not get added back to the array for some reason. Manually adding the cache drive back fixed the issue. Now to figure why my cache drive was moved to unassigned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

46 minutes ago, Kx2000 said:

Hi

I need help for understanding.

I've installed Mysql docker package today and i don't know how to create a database on it

Anyone could guide me ?

Thanks.

The below command will get you into the docker container to execute mysql commands via CLI. 

docker exec -it mysql bash
53 minutes ago, Kx2000 said:

Ok, i've found "mysql -u root -p"

Once you have done docker exec -it mysql bash then you're at a linux prompt inside the mysql container and can treat it the same as any other linux terminal with mysql installed.  You do need to know how to use mysql though.

I've done

CREATE DATABASE glpi; (Is for GLPI installation)

But on GLPI installation when i use localhost as server name with root login/password i've got an error " Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)"

I've verified, /var/run/mysqld does not exist...

I don't understand anything...

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, tyrindor said:

Why is there never any guides?

I can't figure this out, this is the first time needing to use a docker and I am just stumped. I installed community apps, installed this docker. Now what?  Do I need a database? I've never setup MySQL either... I go to  192.168.0.101:3306 and nothings there.

I would believe there are a lot of guides on the Internet. 

If you have never used mysql before maybe read up on it if you want to use it. 

19 minutes ago, saarg said:

I would believe there are a lot of guides on the Internet. 

If you have never used mysql before maybe read up on it if you want to use it. 

I'm giving up I think, all the guides assume you're more knowledgeable than I am. There is no simple "How to setup a MySQL on UNRAID" step by step guide or video that I can find. The only one I found was back when dockers weren't a thing yet.

All I did was install community applications > click this docker > install it with default setings. The docker says its running on  192.168.0.101:3306. I can't ping or access that in anyway.

Edited by tyrindor

I don't know what to do with that. :(

https://github.com/YAMJ/yamj-v3/wiki/Getting-Started-with-the-Alpha-Test

This is what I am trying to run. I don't think I need any of the developer tools, just a running MySQL server with a database. I gave up trying to get it to work as a unRAID docker, so I installed the windows version of MySQL server in a VM thinking it would be easier. The "creating database" commands given do not work though, throw syntax errors, or other errors. Guide seems outdated.

Edited by tyrindor

Guide isn't outdated as MySQL hasn't changed.

Our goal has been to bring the ability to run these applications easily on Unraid, not teach everyone how to use each one, hence the lack of guides.

My guess is you haven't entered the docker container with the command docker exec -it mysql bash before you have tried to run the guide you found.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi, What would be the procedure for resetting the root password on this docker? I installed it a while ago and no longer remember what it was set to. The information I found online suggests to run the mysql server with the parameters, " --skip-grant-tables " in order to allow for a new root password to be established; however, I don't know how to do this inside a docker environment. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a question to MySQL. 

I am trying to move from my old server to Unraid.

I have a webservice running at a hoster. I am doing a backup of the website on a daily basis to my private webserver at home.

Now I want to replace the old webserver with the MySQL and the Apache Docker but now I have issues with special characters (ä, ö, ...) in the Database.

The Collation of the productice database is latin_swedish_ci.

The Collation of the old backup database is utf8_general_ci.

Regardless if I set the collation on the new backup database to latin_swedish_ci or utf8_general all special characters are shown wrongly.

What could be the reason for that?

Br,

Johannes

Edited by ebnerjoh
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a docker setup with mysql. It's running and working fine.
I've logged into the db as root via ssh with no probs.

I'm wondering about whether or not I'll be able to connect to it remotely with a software to write to it. I'm not sure if it's as simple as just connecting to the db? I believe the way it's set up with the docker it's the same as connecting through ssh, is this correct? That a user would have to issue the docker command before being able to connect remotely. I might have have come across some info that suggested the use of keys is possible, with some info added to unRaid's cfg file, if I got that correctly through skimming. Suspect I might not be able to to do that with the limitations of the software I'm attempting to connect with.

To start, I'm simply attempting to connect through lan. Any tests I've run have failed.
The software gives me the ability to test for successful connection, but only allows for input of:
-Server

-Port

-Database

-User
-Pass

Or am I going to be forced to run a mysql server in a vm instance?

Edited by Xochipelli
  • 5 months later...