Recycle Bin (vfs recycle) for SMB Shares

dlandon

5 minutes ago, comet424 said:

so i cant get it to empty through the plugin

all i could think of is that NFS share issue  warning for UD 

The Recycle Bin only works on UD disk shares and root shares.  It doesn't work through remote shares.  It works on Remote Shares when deleted locally and not remotely.

@dlandon  not 100% sure what you mean..    it used to work  back in like 6.10 or so

as when i put the UD drive in it automounts and auto shares,,, then in windows  i \\tardis\transport data   to get to the auto share  and when i move to the array..  it moves the files into the .recycle.bin  as you see  the folder is filled up with the deleted files, and it used to show up in the recycling bin plugin under settings

and if your talking about the add remote smb/nfs share ..  i dont use that for the UD drive

drive1.JPG

drive2.JPG

drive3.JPG

Edited by comet424
Just now, comet424 said:

@dlandon  not 100% sure what you mean..    it used to work  back in like 6.10 or so

as when i put the UD drive in it automounts and auto shares,,, then in windows  i \\tardis\transport data   to get to the auto share  and when i move to the array..  it moves the files into the .recycle.bin  as you see  the folder is filled up with the deleted files, and it used to show up in the recycling bin plugin under settings

and if your talking about the add remote smb/nfs share ..  i dont use that for the UD drive

I was under the impression that you were talking about a remote share mount.  Yes, it works on local mounted UD drives.

The recycle bin is refreshed every five minutes.  If you delete files, it may take up to five minutes to show in the recycle bin.  They will show in the log immediately.

@dlandon ah ok no  i was saying that the recycle bin  no longer works to empty it .. it only works to put the files in the .recycle.bin folder  but   the recycle bin  doesnt notice.. and i mentioned it can be 20 min or so  or days  and it will not show up.. thats why i gave the diagnostics and figured maybe that warning of the nfs share might be interrupting the UD  as it will never show up  and a "Refresh"  and the "Refresh" under SMB shares   do nothing it cant find the transport data smb  .recycle.bin  folder even though it put it in there it just cant show up 

as its been like 30 min and the recyclin (settings) page still shows nothing for the transport data folder...    

4 minutes ago, comet424 said:

is there a logger  like you had me do  for the UD in the past a Level 2 or so debug loggin?  is there one for the recycle bin  so you can tell whats going on as soon as i do a move or delete and when it moves it over to .recycle.bin folder that it knows whats clashing with the app

Post diagnostics.

6 hours ago, comet424 said:

i used to be on 12.2  but there was so much flakyness  i think you or someone else mentioned just go back to 6.11  as its more stable then 12.x  as i was having too much issues with the 12

but ok ill pm u shortly

The issue is the space in your mount point.  Working on a fix.  It'll be fixed in the next release.

ah ok and how come it didnt work for me but was working fine for you?    but least you found the issue.. as i was thinking i needed to format the ntfs drive or uninstall re install the plugin  or i figured it was that nfs share that keeps popping up i didnt really know what to do to fix it  least you know 

Hi guys I have a problem,  my recycle bin plugin stop to work correctly.

When I delete some file in a SMB share from my client computer the recicle bin plugin put it into the bin folder, but it renamed randomly.

Could you help me to fix this issue please?

ps: into the SMB shares, the file will not show as well. 😞

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 17.33.48.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 17.39.36.png

Edited by Surfparadise
47 minutes ago, Surfparadise said:

Hi guys I have a problem,  my recycle bin plugin stop to work correctly.

When I delete some file in a SMB share from my client computer the recicle bin plugin put it into the bin folder, but it renamed randomly.

You have several issues here:

• The Recycle Bin plugin does not rename files as far as I know.
  • The application you use to delete the file is generating that file/name?  How are you deleting files?
  • It is a hidden file because it has a leadiing dot.
  • It's a large file and appears to be a temporary file.
37 minutes ago, dlandon said:

You have several issues here:

• The Recycle Bin plugin does not rename files as far as I know.
  • The application you use to delete the file is generating that file/name?  How are you deleting files?
  • It is a hidden file because it has a leadiing dot.
  • It's a large file and appears to be a temporary file.

I delete the file (a movie... GBs file. It is not an hidden file) from a osx client with the remote share mounted. That's it.

What do you think? I have to uninstall the plugin and try to reinstall again?

Edited by Surfparadise
3 hours ago, Surfparadise said:

What do you think? I have to uninstall the plugin and try to reinstall again?

Uninstalling and re-installing is a waste of time.

I understand that the file you deleted was not a hidden file, but the operation you performed on the MAC ended up deleting that hidden file.

11 hours ago, dlandon said:

Uninstalling and re-installing is a waste of time.

I understand that the file you deleted was not a hidden file, but the operation you performed on the MAC ended up deleting that hidden file.

I just delete the file in my MAC. I did it a lot of time without any problem. Now, all the files that I delete are renamed before be put into bin folder.

2 hours ago, Surfparadise said:

I just delete the file in my MAC. I did it a lot of time without any problem. Now, all the files that I delete are renamed before be put into bin folder.

What has receltly changed?  Updated Unraid?  Updated Mac OS?

As stated earlier, the Recycle Bin does not change files by making them hidden or renaming them so the answer is somewhere else.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

What has receltly changed?  Updated Unraid?  Updated Mac OS?

As stated earlier, the Recycle Bin does not change files by making them hidden or renaming them so the answer is somewhere else.

...mmm... I don't know exactly. I don't think to have updated unraid recently. Maybe OSX.

Edited by Surfparadise