[Support] Linuxserver.io - SmokePing

Looks like it's narrowing it down to something to do with the cache pool and FUSE.

Unfortunately I don't have a cache pool to check this one out.

Nor I, although I don't particularly see how shfs would care about it.  But either way, if it works as /mnt/cache, leave well enough alone

Looks like it's narrowing it down to something to do with the cache pool and FUSE.

Unfortunately I don't have a cache pool to check this one out.

Nor I, although I don't particularly see how shfs would care about it.  But either way, if it works as /mnt/cache, leave well enough alone

I have a cache pool. I'll try it just for fun later today or in the weekend..

Doesn't it chmod at startup?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

It only chown. Might be worth a shot to do a chmod -R 755 on the data folder, just to rule it out.

FWIW in my testing I deleted the config and data folders prior to switching between cache and user

Doesn't it chmod at startup?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

It only chown. Might be worth a shot to do a chmod -R 755 on the data folder, just to rule it out.

FWIW in my testing I deleted the config and data folders prior to switching between cache and user

I don't think I did delete it. Just changed the path.

If anyone wants me to test something, let me know.. I have no problem with deleting/modding my smokeping install..

I did suggest to chmod -R 755 /mnt/user/docker/smokeping.

Nope, didnt work.. tried 777 as well.. if I docker exec into the container, I can see the files and directories in /data just fine..

Which version of unraid are you running?

I'm not using it, so can't test it.

6.3.0-rc2

Didn't work under 6.3.0-rc1 either..

I think squid is on the rc, so it is something specific to your setup. /mnt/cache works, so just use that one. I'm out of ideas...

• 3 months later...

I'm having an issue with the smokeping docker where when I try and modify the Targets file in the appdata folder I get a permissions error that won't let me modify it. Here are my settings:

I'm having the same issue. Installed and working perfectly, but I want to update the targets being pinged, but don't have permission to change the file.

Anyone any pointers?

I'm having an issue with the smokeping docker where when I try and modify the Targets file in the appdata folder I get a permissions error that won't let me modify it. Here are my settings:

Is there anyone able to help us on this?  :-\

Thanks.

ls -la on the smokeping appdata folder shows permissions are 644 and owned by nobody:user (99:100)  which is as expected.  I was able to nano Targets and save without issue, neither of you have given me enough detail to help work out exactly how you're trying to edit this so I'm unable to help any further.

ls -la on the smokeping appdata folder shows permissions are 644 and owned by nobody:user (99:100)  which is as expected.  I was able to nano Targets and save without issue, neither of you have given me enough detail to help work out exactly how you're trying to edit this so I'm unable to help any further.

Apologies for the lack of info. I copied the 'Targets' file out of the folder, edited it using Notepad++ on Windows then tried to copy it back, but received the permission error.

I then tried editing the file directly in the appdata folder, but it wouldn't let me save, stating it was being used by another process, even though I had shutdown the docker.

Does that help more?

Thanks.

Apologies for the lack of info. I copied the 'Targets' file out of the folder, edited it using Notepad++ on Windows then tried to copy it back, but received the permission error.

I then tried editing the file directly in the appdata folder, but it wouldn't let me save, stating it was being used by another process, even though I had shutdown the docker.

Does that help more?

Thanks.

Yeah, it's because of the method you're using, try chmod 644 Targets from within the directory.

Yeah, it's because of the method you're using, try chmod 644 Targets from within the directory.

I stopped the docker, CD'd to the 'smokeping' folder and then typed "chmod 644 Target". I didn't get any confirmation or anything, so tried editing the file directly and copying a changed version of the same file, but no luck.

Did I do something wrong? Did this work for you?

Thanks.