[Support] Linuxserver.io - SmokePing

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: SmokePing

Application Site: https://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/smokeping/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-smokeping

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • 3 months later...

This doesn't seem to work, I just see the default apache index.html page.

Logs (lack of anything going on here): https://gist.github.com/nallar/2de6bfb0066910f9ddc1

Running "smokeping" in a shell in the container gives:

root@2478b7cc6600:/var/www/html# smokeping
ERROR: loading smokeping configuration file /usr/sbin/../etc/config: No such file or directory

I've just pulled this to test, never used it before...

-------------------------------------
_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \ 
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We do accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

Feb 1 16:55:58 2f52d337dc2e syslog-ng[74]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

Once the syslog-ng appeared in the logs I was able to access the webui on http://UNRAID-IP:PORT/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi

Yes, it works fine. I didn't try /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi, sorry.

Might be a good idea to replace the apache default index.html with a redirect to smokeping.

If you use the button for webui in the Unraid docker management it takes you right there and we've put it in the readme, but I'll pass on the redirect request as well.

Yes, it works fine. I didn't try /cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi, sorry.

Might be a good idea to replace the apache default index.html with a redirect to smokeping.

If you use the button for webui in the Unraid docker management it takes you right there and we've put it in the readme, but I'll pass on the redirect request as well.

Hadn't even noticed that was there, I'd been clicking the links under port mappings. /facepalm

Sorry for wasting your time!

Because by default it's 80 and just because you want it on 8080 doesn't mean everyone will.  So we leave the decision on where to map the host port to the end user.  And we never change the default port for the application.  It's just kind of the docker way....

Because by default it's 80 and just because you want it on 8080 doesn't mean everyone will.  So we leave the decision on where to map the host port to the end user.  And we never change the default port for the application.  It's just kind of the docker way....

Is there any way you can put a comment field in that the user MUST setup a redirect port to something else? I'm looking out for other users who may run into a problem in the future.

Most people hit the button to install and then next to complete the steps and completely miss the ports, leads to a post on the forums, and more work for you.

Twas an idea.

The host port is blank by default, convention tends to be to leave the host port the same as the container port but as you know the Unraid webui runs on port 80, so just clicking without checking would then result in the container not starting and an error, as would leaving the host port blank.  I don't think us randomly selecting a port is the right way forward either so I think this is best left as it is....

On a personal note, once you have a significant number of containers installed blindly clicking to install ceases to be an option due to "port congestion" and it's not a massive problem to have to stick a port number in and restart the container if you miss it the first time around.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, thanks for the docker image.

I notice that since the migration to alpine linux, the fonts don't display correctly on my graphs.

I had to enter the docker image to add the dejavu fonts in the /usr/share/fonts/ to get back "nicer" graphs.

Am I doing somehting wrong ?  or did the fonts were misplaced in the new image ?

Hi, thanks for the docker image.

I notice that since the migration to alpine linux, the fonts don't display correctly on my graphs.

I had to enter the docker image to add the dejavu fonts in the /usr/share/fonts/ to get back "nicer" graphs.

Am I doing somehting wrong ?  or did the fonts were misplaced in the new image ?

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-smokeping/pull/11

I just installed this to try out, but I am getting these kind of errors after a few minutes:

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/InternetSites/Facebook.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/InternetSites/JupiterBroadcasting.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/InternetSites/Youtube.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/InternetSites/GoogleSearch.rrd': No such device

I checked inside the docker and these files exist..

root@a1737459c8c7:/data/InternetSites$ ls -al
total 14600
drwxr-xr-x 1 abc abc     158 Oct 17 13:21 .
drwxrwxrwx 1 abc abc      76 Oct 17 13:24 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 2986808 Oct 17 13:21 Facebook.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 2986808 Oct 17 13:21 GoogleSearch.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 2986808 Oct 17 13:21 JupiterBroadcasting.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 2986808 Oct 17 13:21 Youtube.rrd
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc abc 2986808 Oct 17 13:21 linuxserverio.rrd

Am I missing something?

Anybody?

I just tested my container on unRaid, then forced upgrade, and then pulled the container on my workstation and can't reproduce the issue.

Have you tried removing the container and re-adding? As long as you don't delete the apps folder for the container, your data won't be lost.

Anybody?

I just tested my container on unRaid, then forced upgrade, and then pulled the container on my workstation and can't reproduce the issue.

Have you tried removing the container and re-adding? As long as you don't delete the apps folder for the container, your data won't be lost.

I just deleted and reinstalled the container.. all at defaults.. same error :(

Anybody?

No errors here either. You are sure you used new folders for both config and data and deleted the image also?

Please post screenshot of your template and post the log from the docker.

Anybody?

No errors here either. You are sure you used new folders for both config and data and deleted the image also?

Please post screenshot of your template and post the log from the docker.

Docker log:

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/index.php/donations/
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
'./Alerts' -> '/config/./Alerts'
'./Database' -> '/config/./Database'
'./General' -> '/config/./General'
'./Presentation' -> '/config/./Presentation'
'./Probes' -> '/config/./Probes'
'./Slaves' -> '/config/./Slaves'
'./Targets' -> '/config/./Targets'
'./pathnames' -> '/config/./pathnames'
'./smtp.conf' -> '/config/./smtp.conf'
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
AH00558: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.7. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
Smokeping version 2.006011 successfully launched.

Not entering multiprocess mode for just a single probe.
FPing: probing 20 targets with step 300 s and offset 297 s.
RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/USA/MIT.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/USA/Sun.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/USA/UCSD.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/USA/IU.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/USA/UCB.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/InternetSites/Facebook.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/InternetSites/Youtube.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/InternetSites/linuxserverio.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/InternetSites/JupiterBroadcasting.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/InternetSites/GoogleSearch.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/DNS/OpenDNS2.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/DNS/GoogleDNS2.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/DNS/GoogleDNS1.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/DNS/OpenDNS1.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/Europe/Germany/TelefonicaDE.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/Europe/Switzerland/CernIXP.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/Europe/Switzerland/SBB.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/Europe/UK/IBNorwich.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/Europe/UK/UEA.rrd': No such device

RRDs::update ERROR: mmaping file '/data/Europe/UK/CambridgeUni.rrd': No such device

Template shot attached..

1.PNG.0da75014bf21d03b64f6fa57a7384ffe.PNG