Just trying to create a storage drive.

Bugman1400

The Windows user (me) has Admin rights. Is the write access set up in Windows or UnRAID? Can you set up different access rights in UnRAID or do all users who map to the server have write access?

Depending on what you want to do, you may have to set it up in both places. Normally you set it up in unRAID to match your Windows logins.

Each user share has a security setting. It can be Public, Secure, or Private.

Public - anybody can read/write.

Secure - anybody can read but only specified users can write.

Private - you specify which users can read and which users can write.

I only have the Root user in UnRAID. Should I create another user? Syslog is indicating that the User share that I created is a (30) Read-only file system. When I click on the Size column under the User Shares screen, it drops down and just shows Disk 1. Is that indicating that the User share I set up is just on Disk 1.....why wouldn't it be across all the disks?

Also, looking in the Syslog, why does it still refer to my server as Tower when I've changed the name and rebooted?

This thread started with a question about mapping a drive in Windows, but after looking at your syslog, it's not clear that you actually have anything in unRAID to map. I have reviewed the your post history.

Are these drives you took from a previous system? Did you preclear them? More importantly, did format them in unRAID?

Post a screenshot of Main.

Your syslog makes me think you may have filesystem corruption rather than an actual permissions / security issue when trying to write to the server from Windows. But that seems unlikely since you have just built the array and the drives are almost empty. So that is why I have been looking at it from the server side instead of Windows.

Let's see if you can write to disk1. This command will attempt to copy your syslog to your share on disk1.

cp /var/log/syslog /mnt/disk1/BeallStorage1/syslog.txt

Archived