Flash disk is too big; can I switch to a smaller one without losing the arrays?

I'm still in my trial period, but when I initially setup my system I used an 8GB flash drive, because it was handy. I now realize that I could use a 512MB stick, but I don't want to lose what's already been uploaded to the array.

If I re-install onto the 512MB, when I boot and then point it at the array of disks, will it just assume that they all need to be blanked? If yes, is there a way to ensure that I don't lose my existing data?

I agree with everyone above but, to answer the OP's question, you'd have to copy all the files from your original flash drive to the new empty one, name it UNRAID, make it bootable by running the script as you did on your original flash drive, then boot your server from it and register it in order to get a new trial key, then install the new trial key because registration keys, whether trial, basic, plus or pro, are tied to the physical flash drive. I use 8 GB flash drives because smaller ones are quite difficult to find these days but they are overkill and a 2 GB one, say, would be more than adequate. I prefer the very small Verbatim nano flash drives that are sometimes labelled Store 'n' Go. They stick out of the socket little more than an eighth of an inch and are equally ideal for plugging into the back of a server or into a motherboard socket.

The Store 'n Go units sound nice ... sounds like they're Verbatim's answer to the SanDisk Ultra Fits, which I've been using for some time.    Hard to find really small ones, but you can get the 16GB units for less than $10 [$6.15 at Amazon with $2.25 shipping;  $8.12 at Newegg with free shipping]

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Ultra-Flash-Drive-SDCZ43-016G-A46/dp/B00M39RHGQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1452445877&sr=8-10&keywords=ultra+fit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820173033

The Store 'n Go Nano 8GB unit looks very nice as well -- only $7.99 at Amazon (plus shipping unless you're a Prime member):  http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-Store-Flash-Drive-97463/dp/B004BLIQDW/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452446194&sr=1-7&keywords=verbatim+store+n+go+nano

Follow-up question.

Is 8GB _too small_?  A 16G super-low profile USB 2 drive at Amazon is $7.68; what sorts of things end up taking space on the flash drive?

i have a 2GB and a 8GB unRAID flash drives.  I have found that if I do not do some occasional housekeeping I can end up filling the 2GB drive with log files, CRC files, etc.  Never even got close on the 8GB drive.