[Support] binhex - General

binhex - In have set my ip addresses to start at 10.10.1.1. I would think that should be the LAN network value. isnt it?

ok, just so you know the LAN_NETWORK value you have is incorrect, it should be 10.10.1.0/24

No, 10.10.1.1 is a host ip address not a network address, the network address is signified by zeroing the octets that are defined by the mask and denotes your entire network, not a single host, so for example:-

A CIDR mask of /24 converts to a mask of 255.255.255.0, so the network would be 10.10.1.0 (what you have)

However you can have other masks, some people go a bit crazy and decide they need 65,536 networks, with each network supporting 65,534 hosts on their home lan :-), and thus have a CIDR of /16 which converts to mask 255.255.0.0 which then means (using your network scheme) a network of 10.10.0.0.

I hope this helps, in short if your CIDR is /24 (mask 255.255.255.0) then just zero the last octet and be happy :-)

• 2 months later...

I know I'm a little early, but happy new year to all, hoping 2017 will be an even better year!. Many thanks to everybody who helps out on the support threads and of course big thanks to all the donators.

See you all in the new year.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm trying to install arch-openvpn in docker but as there is no informations in the hub I've followed arch-delugevpn guide.

But it is not working and nothing is created in the config dir and even supervisor.log is not here

How can I make it work ?

I can't find any simple and working solution for a proxy --> open vpn container.

Sorry if I'm using wrong terms or anything else.

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I'm trying to install arch-openvpn in docker but as there is no informations in the hub I've followed arch-delugevpn guide.

But it is not working and nothing is created in the config dir and even supervisor.log is not here

How can I make it work ?

I can't find any simple and working solution for a proxy --> open vpn container.

Sorry if I'm using wrong terms or anything else.

Thank you for your help.

you cant install arch-openvpn, this is an intermediate docker image used as a base for the other vpn images i produce, if you want to get openvpn working to use as a safe tunnel for communicating with your lan then take a look at LSIO's docker image:- http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43317.0

Private Internet Access introduced a new port forwarding API on February 2nd.

Importantly:

Keep in mind that this new API will be replacing the old one, and that the old API located at vpninfo/port_forward_assignment will be discontinued sometime soon.

hmm ok going to have to dig into this, im not a big fan of the way PIA just pulls the plug on existing infrastructure, just hope its a bit smoother than their port change, thanks a lot for posting this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
22 hours ago, tazire said:

just wondering if there is any plan for a qbittorrentVPN docker? i'm very interested in changing from deluge if this is likely to in the pipeline?

not at this time, no, i got too much going on im afraid, have you given rtorrentvpn a go?, not sure why you want to move off deluge, but rtorrent is in my experience pretty good, lots of features, very fast, and lightweight.

5 hours ago, binhex said:

not at this time, no, i got too much going on im afraid, have you given rtorrentvpn a go?, not sure why you want to move off deluge, but rtorrent is in my experience pretty good, lots of features, very fast, and lightweight.

I could never get my deluge to use my full bandwidth. even to this day it never goes above 4mb/s dl. i gave rtorrent a go way back when you first released it. I just fancied qbittorrent because thats what i have experience with. I might go back to rtorrent and see how i get on. Thanks anyway

59 minutes ago, tazire said:

I could never get my deluge to use my full bandwidth. even to this day it never goes above 4mb/s dl. i gave rtorrent a go way back when you first released it. I just fancied qbittorrent because thats what i have experience with. I might go back to rtorrent and see how i get on. Thanks anyway

are you writing incompletes to the array directly?, or do you have a cache pool setup?, both of these can cause issues with performance, recommended to either write to a single cache drive (no mirror) or use the 'unassigned devices' plugin and write to an unassigned disk

edit - also take a look here, Q5 for other possible reasons:-

Edited by binhex
On 13/03/2018 at 5:23 PM, binhex said:

are you writing incompletes to the array directly?, or do you have a cache pool setup?, both of these can cause issues with performance, recommended to either write to a single cache drive (no mirror) or use the 'unassigned devices' plugin and write to an unassigned disk

I have an unassigned device that i use. I have also used the cache drive prior to that and still never had better than 4mb/s. i had this issue way back on first install and went through everything with you at the time. possible deluge settings etc. still having the same issues with rtorrent too... couchpotato says test successful but  will not add any files for download. gonna have to try give that more time when i get the chance i think. 

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, sreed77 said:

I have tried everything I can thing read the faq 10 times checked the network and still no GUI at my wits ends as I love this docker 

https://pastebin.com/ZKSEzeqH    supervisord.log ( hide my PIA account and password)

what the heck I'm I missing 

By looking at your pastebin I am guessing that "this docker" refers to delugevpn. The reason I had to guess is because this is not the support thread for any specific binhex docker. This thread is just a general binhex thread. Delugevpn docker has its own support thread, which you can get to very easily from the Apps tab or by clicking on the installed docker and selecting Support.

As it says in the very first post of this thread:

Important - This thread is NOT for support of Docker images, please use the separate support threads shown in the "Docker Images" section shown further below

• 1 month later...

I have downloaded your DelugeVPN and have that working just fine.

I downloaded your sabnzbd and would like to route its traffic through DelugeVPN... But for the life of me, I just can't wrap my head around that process. Would it be possible for anybody on here to help me understand this process?

Do I enter the port and my server IP somewhere in the sabnzbd container edit screen or do I do it within the webui? If it is the edit screen I am not sure where to put this information.

Thanks for any support you can offer.

6 hours ago, MDark said:

I downloaded your sabnzbd and would like to route its traffic through DelugeVPN

you cant do this, its highly restricted to prevent ip leakage, instead you need to install sabnzbdvpn, most vpn providers allow multiple connections and the overhead of 2 tunnels is suprisingly low.

54 minutes ago, MDark said:

So I was able to get Binhex sabnzbd working but not sabnzbdvpn.... I get an execution error when I try to launch it after pulling it down but I also get an error when installing. 

sab error edited.png

Firstly this isnt a support thread, taken from first post in this thread:-

Important - This thread is NOT for support of Docker images, please use the separate support threads shown in the "Docker Images" section shown further below.

Your issue is due to the last line in the above screenshot, in short you have a port conflict, one or more of the ports you are trying to use is already in use by another container (most probably sabnzbd).

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DoItMyselfToo said:

Not sure what's taken me so long to find this thread, but it's one of the best docker support threads I've seen.  Thanks on a number of levels: thanks for this thread; thanks for supporting unRAID and it's users with your Docker containers.  Hopefully my donation helps a little.

np, i really do appreciate the comment and donation!.