Docker image disk utilization too high

I finally got my plex automation server up and running with plex, deluge, cp, sonarr and jackett. I started doing some testing and noticed that when I was downloading some large files, it was being added to the docker image as opposed to a user share or disk. I'm clearly mapping some folder/drives incorrectly. I am also having trouble figuring out how to direct my deluge download folder. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Dy3B2ik.png

dxTshV3.png

To direct deluget to download to your downloads folder, wouldn't you want to set it to download to /downloads instead of /config/downloads.

Don't use delude but is it possible it is saving the incomplete downloads within the image?

Yes, after posting I reconfigured Deluge to push to /downloads. The issue is that I am not sure if that's going to the cache or to a user share as it isn't specified. I had issues with sonarr accessing the config/downloads folder and I believe it's now fixed. But that's the minor issue relative to this docker image disk utilization being too high. I am not sure where the files are being allocated and am curious if my directory mappings for the dockers are going the right way. Thanks for your help!

with your mappings its going to /downloads > which is in your appdata folder - I mapped my /downloads to a share called downloads (/mnt/user/downloads) which will temp use the cache drive to store until moved - but wont go into the docker image

Myk

with your mappings its going to /downloads > which is in your appdata folder - I mapped my /downloads to a share called downloads (/mnt/user/downloads) which will temp use the cache drive to store until moved - but wont go into the docker image

Myk

So I've created a user share for Downloads labelled "Downloads". When I check the "included disk(s)" box, I'm left with the options Disk 1 and Disk 2 or default (All). I only have 1 hard drive and 1 cache drive in the system right now. What should I be marking? Is Disk 1 my labelled disk 1 on the main page and disk 2 the cache drive?

Also,  I'm assuming Use cache disk: [Yes] should be correct.

Myk

So I've created a user share for Downloads labelled "Downloads". When I check the "included disk(s)" box, I'm left with the options Disk 1 and Disk 2 or default (All). I only have 1 hard drive and 1 cache drive in the system right now. What should I be marking? Is Disk 1 my labelled disk 1 on the main page and disk 2 the cache drive?

You should use "Use cache disk: [Only]" if you only want your downloads on the cache disk.

If you don't have a disk2 then you shouldn't see it as a choice. cache disk is always listed as cache and should not be listed as a choice for the Include or Exclude settings.

You only need to set Include if you want to tell unRAID to ONLY use the included disks. You only need to set Exclude if you want to tell unRAID to use all disks EXCEPT the excluded disks. There is never any need to set both Include or Exclude, and you should only set one or the other. It is not necessary to set Include or Exclude. If neither is set, then none are excluded and there is not limit to the disks that are included, so all are used.

Use cache Yes means files will be written to cache and moved to array at the scheduled time.

Use cache No means files will be written directly to the array.

Use cache Only means files will be written to cache and not moved to the array.

All of this is explained in the Help for the page which you can see if you toggle the Help button.

Myk

You should use "Use cache disk: [Only]" if you only want your downloads on the cache disk.

I don't want my downloads on my cache disk. I only want them to stay on my cache temporarily until Mover runs it and sends them to the disk. The issue is that my downloads were going to the docker image for some reason and giving me the warning you see in the title. I'm assuming it was due to the fact that I mapped my drives and download directory incorrectly.

If you don't have a disk2 then you shouldn't see it as a choice. cache disk is always listed as cache and should not be listed as a choice for the Include or Exclude settings.

You only need to set Include if you want to tell unRAID to ONLY use the included disks. You only need to set Exclude if you want to tell unRAID to use all disks EXCEPT the excluded disks. There is never any need to set both Include or Exclude, and you should only set one or the other. It is not necessary to set Include or Exclude. If neither is set, then none are excluded and there is not limit to the disks that are included, so all are used.

Use cache Yes means files will be written to cache and moved to array at the scheduled time.

Use cache No means files will be written directly to the array.

Use cache Only means files will be written to cache and not moved to the array.

All of this is explained in the Help for the page which you can see if you toggle the Help button.

I've gone through the page hence why I was just confirming I should be using cache yes for my needs.

I do not have a disk 2 but yet it is given to me as an option. Does that mean there may be a bug?

I don't want my downloads on my cache disk. I only want them to stay on my cache temporarily until Mover runs it and sends them to the disk. The issue is that my downloads were going to the docker image for some reason and giving me the warning you see in the title. I'm assuming it was due to the fact that I mapped my drives and download directory incorrectly.

You should not have a appdata on both your ssd and array. It just makes a mess. (Since you have it set to cache: yes, it will move the files to the array).

Instead I would set appdata to cache: only, and move all the files from diskx to the cache using midnight commander (ssh into unraid, and type mc). ONLY move from disk to cache, and not to/from a user share, this could result in data loss.

And create a new share for your downloads on the array OR create 2 new share, one cache only and one on the array. Then download to cache, and move the files when they are completed to the array (settings inside deluge).